Do you stack Gold/Silver as part of your preps?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if terrible inflation hits but it does not get so bad as to cause people to have to start hunting bugs in the back yard for dinner? Gold and Silver could make you a rich man. Everyone here seems to have a scorched earth vision. It's important to prepare for that, but are you prepared for that NOT to happen as well??

I feel that in any situation, it is good to have multiple possible currencies, i personally have over $150,000 in gold and silver, a large distillery, allot of seeds to grow plants to trade, 150lb coffee, ammo plant with 500,000 shells and bullets and 250lb of pure Tobacco. i know this is probably over kill, but if you have the money, use it now before it is worthless.

I've been putting away tobaco also mostly cheep cigaretts. How do you store all that tobaco for the long term with out it going bad?

one thing i've been thinking of doing,is buying some coffee and tobacco plants so i can grow my own and stock up on both that way.i already have a snamall coffee grinder,which means i already have a way to grind up the beans.pluse i can save money on tobacco and coffee that way seeing how i love my morning coffee and i be a smoker.another thing i been thinking about,but will have to lear a great about before starting that.and that is setting up my own still and stocking up on whisky..

I think after everyone kills each other, bartering will become important, however
I just don't see any safe way of doing right away until the only people that are
left are preppers. For me, im gonna focus on things that will keep me and the
kids alive for long term.

good point harry..i get emails from diffrent sites.one gives me updates on what our so called government is doing..and because of one email i recived this morning.it looks like we could end up with a nation wide if not a world wide economic collapse before obama is out of office.and im sure u.s.a as well as other countries will be at the bottom of the totum pole if that does happen.

I haven't read what others have posted but I personally have never seen much personal value in gold or silver. I know it has certain properties that are important as far as metals go but it would be heavy to carry around and would not feed my family. Besides the values are determined by the people. 1 coin could be worth 1 cup of rice or 1 cow, it's tough to tell in a SHTF situation. I'd rather just learn useful skills or gather life sustaining trade items.

yeah i figure the value of gold silver dimonds and valued gems will drop through the floor.but maybe not right away.but after that.better be prepared much as possible..one sorce of value when it comes to gold is,it's good for electric current.so if a person could convert it into wireing.,then they have some thing there..

Small quantities would be best I would think if your on the move. Or you could have stores of gold and silver that you don't have to lug around. People currently recognize it as a valuable resource so I could see it possible that they could be valuable once again. But in a total shtf situation goods are going to be valuable and bonds with trustworthy skilled people.

I hear two differnt mindsets on this. Some think it is a waste to do so as if SHTF you will not be able to eat or drink it.

I think that while that may be true, if SHTF is related to economic issues your stack of metal will be a tangible good that will be a store of value as the country begins to rebuild. No matter what the new form of currency may be you will be able to trade metal for it. Stocks, bonds, dollars etc could all go to zero.

There is also precident that it is a valuable item to have to bribe your way through check points, or buy your freedom if they are rounding you up like they did the Jewish.

Thoughts??
I agree that having gold/silver has many benefits, but if you are on foot how much of that can you carry?

Latest posts

Back