Do you have any questions about Switzerland?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unemployment is relatively low in Switzerland; there are fewer unemployed here than in Europe. But with Corona that will change for the worse. As Switzerland has high wages, it attracts many workers from Europe. In the last few years the population has increased by 1 million, which is a lot for a small country. The transport infrastructure suffers as a result and more and more concrete is being poured over. Zurich, Basel and Bern are hotspots, I personally don't feel comfortable there, there are too many people and means of transport that are too crowded. There are also many beggar from Eastern Europe who beg in public, these people are highly organized and earn a lot on their criminal tours. The "beggar" is usually picked up an hour later by a friend in the Mercedes SUV and let out at another location. Many Eastern Europeans also blackmail women from their country to take to the streets here, there is pure human trafficking. If you want to get to know a better Switzerland go to the Central country, there are good people there who can lend a hand and talk openly.

Well, Zürich is one of our biggest cities in the country and there, depends which area you was, you will see more poor people. In every city we have poors, sometimes you see them, but not always. As well we have many "working poors" around. But more or less the people have an rooftop and enough to eat. So far the social help will still work.

The jobless rate is between 3.3% and 5.3%, depends the standard they count Schweiz - monatliche Arbeitslosenquote 2020 | Statista

The question is where exactly have you been in Zurich, the city is very expensive and apartments are rare, Zurich sometimes pays high wages but it is something for city people, in a crisis I would never want to live in Zurich, you will not get out there, the same applies to larger cities in Switzerland. If you are a city dweller who loves anonymity, Zurich is good, if that does not apply to you, you are completely in the wrong place in Zurich.

We were in the middle of the city in a Marriot hotel with three of our children. On vacation. Super expensive to even get a plate of spaghetti. Sidewalk cafes you'd think would be cheaper, but wow! For a family of five. Things were much more reasonably priced outside of Zurich. Enjoyed Interlaken. Been there twice on vacation.

@Brittany
Thanks. Switzerland is an nice coutry indeed and i'm living my whole life here, so i may just got to be used about the negative circumstances and proably don't see them so clearly anymore like an visitor.
Of course our country has an good economic (at least it wasn't that bad before Covid). The most people have still an good life. But as well i know very well that we having a lot of shine here. Most of the cars you see are leased, houses not paid. And Switzerland ist of course an very expensive country to live in. Things changed a lot over here since i was young.
By example, i still remember when i was a kid it was usual just one part of the parents gone work and earned enough to have an normal life with everything we needed including a bit of luxury. Like in an lot of countries it changed completly. Today if not bot parents are working it's very hard to bring an family over the rounds. Everything gone really expensive, so you need two incomings to survive. OK, some of the costs are really "homemade". Like i don't understand why people need to lease every two years an new car just because the media tells it's cool or the neighbours do. Myself i drive my 30 years old, cash paid V8 since 12 years now.... and i'm an exotic with this. Appartments and houses increases a lot, as well the compulsory healthinsurance increases every year between 5 and 10%. Food is easily double price as in our neighbour countries, non food can be even more.

Illegal migrants we have too, but they won't find an job really without an permit to stay. But we have a lot of migrants since 2015 too. A lot of them really dissapeared from war indeed, i don't mention it and still think those should be helped. Unfortunately a lot of trash came in as well, and those are making us seriously problems (even the gouvernment says they aren't an problem). We having an lot more of crime, the life became especially in the cities more unsafe. And with the crime came a lot of new laws until we aren't allowed to say what we think anymore because then we easily are seeing an judge and get a fee up to 5'000.-- or jail - you're an racist then anyway. Your job or your business will be gone fast too. As well the social help system explode with those people, there aren't more people who are paying in, but a lot more who take money out. We have indeed a lot of problems, they even increased in the last few years and the time where you wasn't need to lock any door are definitive gone.
And the EU has even bigger problems...

On my own behalf i'm ashamed to say that i wasn't realize really how less we're able to talk open about before i joined you here. I feel somehow ashamed about how much we got to be used to say nothing anymore any how much the news are censored over here.
I'm in an swiss and an german prepper forum as well - and be sure about, only for this contribution i'll be kicked out. And if i read what you're writing here this forum would be empty in german speaking Europe.

What Mountain Dragon wrote in relation to this forum, I must also agree. You have a top forum with very interesting contributions, I still have a lot to read on certainly interesting topics. What strikes me here, that is written openly and directly and that a together understanding is there, which is also on people of other nations.
Since some similar forums from Switzerland and neighboring countries can pack. I know a prepper forum there is any discussion about anything that is politically forbidden, any contribution that you write because of the policy is deleted directly, you write too much, you fly then also from the forum.
I think in today's time politics must be allowed in every prepper forum, it is a part of the whole and if you are not allowed to write about it, it is not a full-fledged topic.
No offense, be glad you are not there, you definitely would not have fun there.
Here I feel very well taken care of and there are really good discussions, for this reason I say once thanks for everything and to a good time.

Latest posts

Back