Do you have any questions about Switzerland?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is not called corruption but nepotism, well is about the same. ;-)
Not everything in Switzerland is bad, there are also good things, but it is no longer the dream country here as well. Depending on where you move to you still have advantages. Here in the mountain valley you have some more advantages concerning real democracy, another advantage is that you have enough possibilities to get out of the dust in case of an ultimate crisis. However, you can no longer count on the army to protect you, which is currently only very small and no longer trained for conflict situations.

Tschechien.

Yep. In English, Czechia or the Czech Republic.

From Wikipedia:

A gun in the Czech Republic is available to anybody subject to acquiring a shall issue firearms license. Gun licenses may be obtained in a way similar to a driving license – by passing a gun proficiency exam, medical examination and having a clean criminal record. Unlike in most other European countries, the Czech gun legislation also permits a citizen to carry a concealed weapon for self-defense – 248,278 out of 305,452 legal gun owners have a concealed carry permit (31 Dec 2019). The vast majority of Czech gun owners possess their firearms for protection, with hunting and sport shooting being less common.

Historically, the country was at the forefront of spreading of civilian fireams ownership, as firearms became indispensable tools for the mostly peasant Hussite armies, whose amateur combatants, including women, fended off a series of invasions of professional crusader armies of well armored warriors with cold weapons in the 1420s and 1430s.

Following a wave of terror attacks around Europe, a number of politicians as well as security professionals started urging gun owners to actually carry firearms in order to be able to contribute to soft targets protection. These included, among many others, the President Miloš Zeman, whose own wife obtained E license and a revolver, as well as Libor Lochman, Chief of URNA, the country's main special forces anti-terrorism unit.

Could be Lithuania then... Low incoming Tax, changing the gun law because they are close to Russia and want people can defend their country. As well they teach the citizen to handle an weapon.
As well they are really upcoming in economics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuania

Lithuania does have "Shall Issue" permits, which means that as long as a person meets the legal requirements, they cannot be denied a carry permit. That is better than eight of the states of the U.S. In Lithuania, you have to carry in "Israeli Carry" mode, meaning no round in the chamber unless it is a revolver.

Doesn't surprise me that former Warsaw Pact countries are extending personal freedoms. They have experienced what many fools in the Western Democracies want. I just wish I could teleport all these jack asses back in time and drop them in Czechoslovakia, just about the time the Soviets rolled those tanks into Prague. One of my friends and her family took advantage of the chaos and escaped from Prague during that period. They pulled the old "Sound of Music" routine and hiked out. Her dad was a doctor.

I was under the impression that the Swiss were allowed to keep their military firearm when they were discharged. Is that incorrect or just old information.
I heard that, too. But I heard the firearm was a rifle.

@Caribou you're corret, we could our personal weapon at home during we're on duty (in the time i was still in military duty including ammo) and after the services ended (it's about you're 39 years old) you could keep it at home - without ammo and disabled serial fire. For me it was the SIG Stgw57
Today since the law for weapons changed you need an permission of the police (Office for Weapons) to keep the weapon at home, of course without ammo and demilitarized too. It's mostly the SIG Stgw90 if i'm not wrong. (I'm out of duty since a few years). But a lot of people decide to not take their gun because it's dangerous...

@Amish Heart You're not wrong neither really. For an while you got an Carabine 31 instead of the assault rifle.

Still remember when you could walk in in the armory and buy an absolutly working Carabine 31 for 20.-- and nobody was really asking why you like to purchase it. We used the for carnival. Or decoration somewhere.... Lol

I'm kinda sure @ban1985 could tell more about.

Today 95% of all Swiss hand in their weapon after the end of their military service, even if you could buy it for little money. In the past, people who did not want to keep the weapon after the end of service were looked at askance, today they look at you askance if you want to keep the weapon.
When I handed in my equipment I did it with 100 other people, besides me only 3 others had kept their weapon.....
You can see it in the mentality, today almost everyone thinks there will NEVER be war again, not even now where it is already burning everywhere, people are worried.
My former service weapon I still have, besides a few carbines, even if the things are already partly 100 Jährig and two times active service experienced you still work top.
I hope not that I would ever need the guns in a war, but if it must be I will need them.

MD,
One excuse is as good as any other. People were not created to live packed together like cattle in a barn. For people that continue to live that way, that is their choice and they will get the consequences both good and bad. I think that if you can hit your neighbor's house with a rifle, then it's too close. And I moved 1000 miles to be able to live that way. While I love my home State, I made hard choices to have space. I pray that this won't be a fatal flaw for you, but it is a possibility. Just like I daily face getting bit by a snake or trampled by cows. And I own more guns than I can count, many loaded and spread around my home and vehicles. We make our choices and live with the consequences.

Note that I've had family kidnapped and held for ransom. Granted this was many years ago, but the memory stays. Zero of half dozen kidnappers survived and the family member was recovered safely. I was too young to be part of that. But I will never forget what the family went through over those few days.

Something like a kidnapping would stick with you for life. An illegal attempted to take our granddaughter right out of the toy aisle in a Walmart some months back. He dropped her and ran when my SIL pulled his pistol on him. They did capture the guy.

Too bad SIL didn’t get to shoot the piece of filth.

Here is another nice video of Swiss active service during WW II.
Our country was enclosed and the government has actually resigned, our luck was from my point of view especially the right general who held the country together, he was a similar guy as General Lee with you, without him Switzerland would probably have gone to the dogs within a short time or the Germans would have conquered us.
With our current politicians it would be unthinkable to achieve something like that again in a crisis, you can see that already now. It sometimes needs the right people in the right place, especially people from the people and better craftsmen than bureaucrats.

What you see in this video no longer exists, smokers are out, shooters are out, and members of the army no longer have this pride in their eyes, our current army is a shadow of the army that once existed.

Latest posts

Back