Do preppers poo in the woods?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do preppers poo in the woods?

Sure, why not?
Incidentally in a prepper/survivalist forum a few years ago I said if we start up a post-apoc community in the country we could sling our buckets of pee and poo in the nearby river, but some people in the forum began screaming "NO NO NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE IT'D POLLUTE THE ENVIRONMENT!"
They said we should poo in a "poo pit" and shovel the stuff out to fertilise our vegetable garden.
So I said "I'd never eat crops that were grown in human poo!"..:)

Sure, why not?
Incidentally in a prepper/survivalist forum a few years ago I said if we start up a post-apoc community in the country we could sling our buckets of pee and poo in the nearby river, but some people in the forum began screaming "NO NO NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE IT'D POLLUTE THE ENVIRONMENT!"
They said we should poo in a "poo pit" and shovel the stuff out to fertilise our vegetable garden.
So I said "I'd never eat crops that were grown in human poo!"..:)

We have this thing here called "Dillo dirt". You can buy it at the local Home Depot/Lowes etc. It is basically composted, sterilized, human waste from the state waste water facilities. I've never used it on my gardens though. Too many pharmaceuticals potentially in there for my preference.

None of us are on any meds (and neither are my animals) so, a personal compost should be fine...until there would be an outbreak of cholera or dysentery...then nope.

If much rather eat crops with composted crap for fertilizer than have my water source contaminated.🤢 Composting kills most pathogens. Water doesn't. Cholera isn't my cup of tea. (Pun intended.)

Regardless, you don't have to crap where you eat (or drink). Outhouses still work great for plenty of folks.

Milwaukee's finest grade poo, Milorganite, is available in most of our local stores.

https://www.milorganite.com/The dust smells like some sort of nasty chocolate recipe that went horribly wrong though. It don't smell like poo, but it don't smell good either.
Nationwide. It’s actually a good low nitrogen fertilizer

We have this thing here called "Dillo dirt". You can buy it at the local Home Depot/Lowes etc. It is basically composted, sterilized, human waste from the state waste water facilities. I've never used it on my gardens though. Too many pharmaceuticals potentially in there for my preference.

None of us are on any meds (and neither are my animals) so, a personal compost should be fine...until there would be an outbreak of cholera or dysentery...then nope.
We have enough crap already with the animals, I don't need to buy extra. 🤣 And yes, all are not on meds.

Yeah, I wonder how arctic people manage when the earth is froze solid?..:)
When we spent time in Northern Norway we'd shit into bags and then carry these with us. Frozen solid shit doesn't smell, can even be handled if that's your thing. Generally you wouldn't want to be exposing your arse for very long in -35C or less temperatures.

..Generally you wouldn't want to be exposing your arse for very long in -35C or less temperatures.

Agreed, and another thing i've wondered about is why the eyeballs of eskimos and polar trekkers don't freeze solid?
After all, I think exposed flesh gets frostbitten in just a matter of seconds, so why don't eyes get zapped too?

Agreed, and another thing i've wondered about is why the eyeballs of eskimos and polar trekkers don't freeze solid?
After all, I think exposed flesh gets frostbitten in just a matter of seconds, so why don't eyes get zapped too?
Because they don't leave much of their eyeball exposed and they have thick eyelids.
a2ltby5qcGc

Latest posts

Back