Do preppers poo in the woods?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowflake

Reaction score
I'll start by saying sorry for lowering the tone, But i have never met anyone that can poo while wild camping. I know I don't and that worry's me...If the shtf I'm gona be so bagged up I wont be able to move. Is this a valid issue or am I just full of sh!#.:eek:

Should I post this...NO....yes....NO....NOOOOO....O what the hell.

Well, if you don't go, you will be full of it.....

Personally, we'll be using toilets just fine post SHTF at my place. (Septic system)

You can do like our ancestors and build an outhouse. Remarkably simple.
I may be to ashamed to answer any reply's to my own post.

When family camping we put a wind breaker around the loo area...O man even that sounds wrong.

I actually plan on putting in an outhouse out by the stables. Reason is two-fold.

1) If it rains REALLY heavy, there's always the chance that the toilets won't flush until the drain field dries. (so would be nice to have a backup).

2) The stables are a good 500' from the house or so, so would be nice to have the option out there. It's too far to really hook up to the septic, so not an option to put in a normal toilet there.

I may be to ashamed to answer any reply's to my own post.

When family camping we put a wind breaker around the loo area...O man even that sounds wrong.

No, that sounds exactly right, actually. We call it a "latrine." Basically a hole in the ground, something to sit on, and a tarp around it for privacy.

Where I deer hunt there are some strategically placed plastic 5 gallon buckets. That beats a fork in a log. But a fork in a log beats nothing. :D

Have septic system here too . I too plan on building a old style outhouse . You know when combatting expierienced insurgents you can find your enemy by the smell of fresh ..... poo . As to the question yes Snow flake you can poo in the woods and use leaves for toilet papper if needed . There are alot of Americans that still have outhouses .

Last edited:
i do poo,just dig a hole far enough from the campsite,one of the first things our instuctors showed us when I went to do my militaryservice,now they have gone "modern" with portable cisterns ;) so they don't pollute the woods.
doing it in winter,well you learned to be quick so not to freeze your nuts

i grew up in the country.and i learned when i was child to pull certain weeds.then pick a spot out of sight of everyone else and all..then have at it..i still do that when out in the woods or wherever.and be by my self..where i'm in a wooded area where no one else is .and if i need to take a leak.i simply pick a spot and start watering

I'll start by saying sorry for lowering the tone, But i have never met anyone that can poo while wild camping. I know I don't and that worry's me...If the shtf I'm gona be so bagged up I wont be able to move. Is this a valid issue or am I just full of sh!#.:eek:
Should I post this...NO....yes....NO....NOOOOO....O what the hell.

Snowflake-
We live on a farm and none of my boys pee in the house!! My husband says its a waste of water so, thy all pee outside. We camp a lot in the fall and yes, we all poo in the woods!

Blessings,
Shenandoah;)

Snowflake,
as you see there are no silly questions,only time one is silly is when one doesn't ask a question,that's what my dad said and my old history teacher also

exactly..if a person needs a answer to a question and cant find it on their own..then ask someone who does/might know..and how you gonna learn if you don't ask any questions time to time?even if it's to get a opinion on something you already have,just to come up with a better idea..

I've been in the oilfield for 20+ years. Working two weeks hitches and 24 hour days far out in the boonies.
Outdoor relief was a way of life for me. The last five years porta potties finally became the norm on location. I love the creature comforts but am well versed in the basics. lol

When camping, as a guy, just pee in the woods, and poop in the river. For gals, just the river. (it's flowing anyhow, so takes it downstream....after all, that's where the fish etc. go too...)
I'm not pooing in a river, I can see all kind of things going wrong if I did lol, Think I would dig a hole and bury....It works well for my cat.

Latest posts

Back