Different bob ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simoncarriere

Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to have different bob ready for different bug out catastrophe. Example having a 2 person 72 hour bob, a long term survival bob, a biochemical attack/nuclear bob etc. I'd like to know what you guys think

In my opinion, why separate? The 72 hour can contain a lot of things that will make it a longterm survival bag. Just know your area, how to hunt, and how to forage, and you can make it long enough to establish yourself. Bring heirloom seeds with you and knowledge to build a shelter and you could maybe do well for yourself. I am not too knowledgeable about what would go into a nuclear BOB other than a radiation suit, gas mask, iodine pills, and dawn dish soap (don't ask), so those would be pretty easy to pack.

Or you could get yourself a Molle 72 hour pack and have ranger packs filled with the different situational items. That way the main pack is ready to go, all you have to do is grab, then attach the appropriate ranger pack for the threat.

We can only carry so much and we spend more time away from home working, socializing, shopping and so on. I like to think of it as a Survival Pack and keep it with me or in a close proximity at all times, Car, office, where ever life takes you daily. It is full of the basics for a 3 day stretch of whatever.. When something big happens it is more than likely to be in the daytime when businesses are booming and instead of bugging out we may have to bug back to our homes and families where all of our preparations are then we can figure out what the next move is! Knowledge is the key to Survival!

i say do what `bubbadreier` said, and have some small attachements that can be added to the bag. one bag can have your biological equipment, one can have your extra ammo for the zombies, another can have some type of climbing equipment for the earthquakes or if you live near some where that needs to climb.

but at the same time, what different scenarios are there to have multiple bags for? i have my main bug out bag, which can assist me for 72 hours or more. i have a get home bag in my truck that has enough items inside that will get me home within 12-24 hours. i have a small emergency road kit, which include jumber cables, smal tire pump, tire fix, some water, non perishable food, blanket, flare, and other roadside asstance stuff. my wife has her bug out bag. i have a small bag at work in a locker that i never use, which include some food and water and small items that if it get stolen i wont miss, kind of like a edc kit. i have another back up bag in my storage unit. they all have similar items, but are meant for an every scenario type of bag. i dont have full hazmat suits in them but at least hey all have some basic necessities that will help me (what i call) slow down the dying process.

like cpr for example: you may die in 3-7 minutes, but if some one is performing cpr on you, they are slowing down your dying time, and you may die withing 10-15 minutes, but those extra minutes is enough for the E.M.T.'s to come and give you the aed and some saline in you, and that o2 in your system.

Go with one main bag. in a high stress situation you don't want to be flinging things out the closet trying to figure out which bag to take. If you feel the need for hazmat/NBC gear, keep that in a separate bag. Do you live near a nuclear reactor? They are vulnerable to accidents and terrorist activity. Do freight trains pass within a couple miles of your location? They have the same problem. If you can't avoid the danger (BI or BO) then you want the suit on, not buried in a bag. Also, I have a small gym duffel packed with some clothes I should be wearing on a bug out, think about all the times you are not dressed to be bugging out! Do have BO equipment in your vehicle and in a second location- friend and family, storage location (after awhile in a SHTF, these will be raided but they make good pit stops) buried in the ground (remember where it is and make sure you can get to it) Have a BO bag per person, and maybe for your pet if able.

I have a gas mask for my BoB as standard, but at the same time I don't have a chem suit. I realize that if it is a chemical, or biological, or anything that has a mass contamination factor in a catastrophic scale, then I don't think I will be able to bug out far enough, and clean myself if and when I reach a zone of safety, which would be totally hard to figure out. The gas mask is to help me get out of a tight situation.

Would it be a good idea to have different bob ready for different bug out catastrophe. Example having a 2 person 72 hour bob, a long term survival bob, a biochemical attack/nuclear bob etc. I'd like to know what you guys think
I figure there are many items that would be the same in any situation so why double/triple your work load and cost. I would maybe have a bob for all situation, but keep the rest of your stuff handy to grab depending on the situation at hand.

If the SHTF and there is a need for massive decontamination, maybe just take a deep breath! If it is a localized incident, BO to a decon point, don't even bring a bag, it'll mostlikely go into a burn pile. The NBC mask, maybe some gloves, maybe a surplus NBC suit will help, but if you are in the hot zone, it'll all come off. Talk with your local fire department about what would happen in those situations. Sometimes you just have to get in line with everyone else.

just pic a crisis and prepare for it u cant prep for every possible situation.

Latest posts

Back