Did anybody see on the news they're making bulletproof backpacks for children now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The article did make the point that most kids do not have their backpacks with them through the day. I know my daughter can't take hers to class, it has to stay in her locker. Our school does have a good plan in place for the students and teachers in the event that there was a shooter. I mentioned in another thread that a boy threatened to open fire a few years ago, thankfully he handed the gun to the principal when he asked for it and no one was hurt.

The article did make the point that most kids do not have their backpacks with them through the day. I know my daughter can't take hers to class, it has to stay in her locker. Our school does have a good plan in place for the students and teachers in the event that there was a shooter. I mentioned in another thread that a boy threatened to open fire a few years ago, thankfully he handed the gun to the principal when he asked for it and no one was hurt.

get this http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e769/?srp=2

• A slab of Level II body armor - with a clip (for paper).
  • Level II body armor protects against 9mm, as well as all those calibers protected by Level I and Level IIA

I saw Kevlar binder/backpack liners. So it is supposed to make a binder bulletproof...rocketscience. 50$ish tanner gun show in Denver.

My daughter takes hers to class but I don't think they would allow the liner because they have to have either clear or mesh so you can see inside them.

did you see the first comment on the page ??? it said .223 round where used in the shootings gotta love misinformation

Well since are being made for school children, I don't think they'd be allowed to pack a handgun with their lunch from home. If I want something bulletproof, I'll get a vest.

I just always find it interesting how we have to make bullet proof backpacks, safer cars, etc. instead of making better people. no wonder I'm a hermit lol

I don't wear my vest all the time either, however having something bullet proof doesn't mean you can't use it as a shield in event there is someone dangerous, much like I have my vest if I feel that there is a potential of violence. (but I also wear it for training too) Having it nearby is much better than not having it. However, I don't see why you wouldn't just put a plate in the thing :) as opposed to using something like kevlar. Get the kid good and strong too... :)

A lot of the schools have a no body armor rule now. She knows to get as many solid things between her and the shooter as possible. It's a sad state of affairs when you have to consider body armor for your kids, isn't it?

Lots of guns in the world and lots of knives, I can't beleive schools would ban body armour that is counter productive.

If it was incorporated into school uniforms just think how much effectiveness of a shooter would go down.

Kevlar shouldn't be a really expensive material anyway, it is a fabric.

Latest posts

Back