Deployed US Soldier started prepping before I left

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaylorJD

Reaction score
What am I doing here if I am deployed? Well I love hearing and seeing ideas everyone has on prepping. I started prepping before I left, getting my wife started in the right direction for when I get home. Looking for the right equipment (knifes, BOB’s, guns and other essentials). Being in the Military I have an idea of what I am looking for but it’s always better to have more than one thing in mind.

I believe if you start prepping for a Zombie out break you will be ready to survive anything else. Having a good perimeter, food supply, clean water and things to take your mind of things are the essentials to surviving.

welcome aboard salyor..i dont bealve in zombies..(BUT) i beleave that your going about prepping in that manner is a good idea.hope you find every thing and all the answers that your looking for..

Welcome! Never too early to start preparing! The idea of zombies will get you started but really prepare for live, thinking hoards/masses...you gotta be smarter to outsmart those! :D

I will admit Zombies are a stretch to be ready for. I just believe in being prepared for anything the world can throw at you. But like I said the same things you need for a economic collapse and the uprising of angry people are the same things you would need in a Zombie apocalypse. A good secure location, a good defense and a strong food and water supply. Plus preparing for Zombies is just so much fun. Gota keep a positive attitude when SHTF.

exactly true n correct.like you said.prepareing for zombies will prepare you for what ever does happen.oh except for one thing.and that'd be a emp..might try nakeing faraday boxs/cages when it comes to that.

welcome aboard salyor..i dont bealve in zombies..(BUT) i beleave that your going about prepping in that manner is a good idea.hope you find every thing and all the answers that your looking for..
You don't believe in zombies?

Go to the mall

Saylor,
I would be very careful on the sites that you visit while deployed
I am surprised that you can access this site?

I do have some insight on cyber security while overseas

Howdy Saylor. Thank you for your service to our nation.
We have a great group of people here. Don't see what you are lopoint for? Just ask.

exactly true n correct.like you said.prepareing for zombies will prepare you for what ever does happen.oh except for one thing.and that'd be a emp..might try nakeing faraday boxs/cages when it comes to that.

I’ll be honest I don’t know too much about the after effects of an EMP. I know it destroys any electronics and I know a faraday box will protect them. I guess a good start would be getting some sort or radio or communication device to put into a faraday box. Right? Thoughts?

Saylor,
I would be very careful on the sites that you visit while deployed
I am surprised that you can access this site?

I do have some insight on cyber security while overseas

I’ll be honest I was surprised when the network let me on this site.

Welcome aboard Saylor! Thank you for service and hope the time away from your family passes quickly for you and them. You will find a wealth of info on here along with a great bunch of people...or preppers..lol.

I’ll be honest I don’t know too much about the after effects of an EMP. I know it destroys any electronics and I know a faraday box will protect them. I guess a good start would be getting some sort or radio or communication device to put into a faraday box. Right? Thoughts?
if you look up emp of 1859.it'll at least give ya a good idea of what a emp can and will do to electronics when it's strong enough.am/fm radio with emergency frequency.my mom came across one in a catalog thats solar powered and also has a hand crank to charge it up as well.a portable cb radio or some soruce of comunication.solar panal(s) to recharge all electonics and battaries.

What am I doing here if I am deployed? Well I love hearing and seeing ideas everyone has on prepping. I started prepping before I left, getting my wife started in the right direction for when I get home. Looking for the right equipment (knifes, BOB’s, guns and other essentials). Being in the Military I have an idea of what I am looking for but it’s always better to have more than one thing in mind.

I believe if you start prepping for a Zombie out break you will be ready to survive anything else. Having a good perimeter, food supply, clean water and things to take your mind of things are the essentials to surviving.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome Saylor!
Thanks and God Bless You for your service!

Shenandoah

G'day fellow soldier, from Down Under. Where are you deploted?? The big A?? Hope you stay safe and return to your family unharmed, both physically & mentally.

Latest posts

Back