Delta Variant and Vaccines

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
The CDC says:
After you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you can resume many activities that you did before the pandemic.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html
They also say:
Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others.
And
For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html
The Delta Variant has been blamed for the latest wave of infections, but how do we know that? I don't doubt there is a Delta Variant, but when I try to find out any kind of numbers on how many people actually have been tested for the Delta Variant, I can't find any. Well, that's because people aren't tested. Some samples sent to the CDC are tested, but there is no test you can go sign up for to find out if you have the Delta Variant.

The CDC has already been caught fudging information about the Delta Variant. They actually put out information they got from a New York Times infographic...that was wrong...
https://reason.com/2021/08/12/cdc-t...issibility-from-a-new-york-times-infographic/
The more I dig into this, the more it stinks...I suspected that this wave we are in now was actually caused by the vaccines, either directly or indirectly, and I haven't found anything to allay that suspicion yet.

And on another note, when I went to get the J&J jab, the information sheet they gave me said that the J&J vaccine was actually more effective against the Delta variant than against the Beta variant. Wait...WHAT??

I too, had a big problem when fully vaccinated people were allowed to drop masking, etc. We all knew they could still get it and spread it, at the same rate as unvaccinated people.
The only thinking I can imagine behind this would be an incentive to "get back to normal" as this is what most people wanted. I really was upset when they started giving out money to people as an incentive to get vaccinated. It looked shady. Stupid decision by lawmakers as per usual.

I think that the genome sequencing is done at the state level initially and then the data aggregated to the CDC.
When I search the WA state DOH website, there is a document you can download that looks like they update it weekly.
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...ables/420-316-SequencingAndVariantsReport.pdf
All of the tests are not sequenced, they take a sample from them to trend the data from what I can see.

The Delta variant originated in rural parts of India where few were vaccinated.
I don't doubt that new variants show up, that's normal. But it's the claims that the Delta variant has a higher R0 that is fishy. R0 is driven not just by the virus itself, buy also by BEHAVIOR. Even the first COVID strains were extremely infectious until people started taking measures. Then the R0 dropped. Not because of the virus, but because of behavior. Then people got complacent and BAM another wave hit.
I guess my main point is that I believe the vaccines gave people a false sense of security, which changed their behavior, which raised the R0.
AND from everything I read, the Johnson&Johnson vaccine is more effective against Delta than the mRNA vaccines. Not only that, you are FULLY vaccinated two weeks after the first (and only) J&J jab. So why are they pushing the mRNA vaccines? (follow the money...)
The story has constantly changed, not just about Delta and the vaccines, but about everything about COVID. One day we're told one thing and the next thing you know we are being told the opposite. If only we had real journalists in the MSM that were curious about these things... 🙄

I don't doubt that new variants show up, that's normal. But it's the claims that the Delta variant has a higher R0 that is fishy. R0 is driven not just by the virus itself, buy also by BEHAVIOR. Even the first COVID strains were extremely infectious until people started taking measures. Then the R0 dropped. Not because of the virus, but because of behavior. Then people got complacent and BAM another wave hit.
I guess my main point is that I believe the vaccines gave people a false sense of security, which changed their behavior, which raised the R0.
This hits the nail on the head.
Complacency, and pretending that it doesn't exist.
My reality is weird. I go to work and it's like a war zone. I go out in public (albeit rarely) - and it's like there is nothing going on. It's really a hard thing to wrap your mind around.

My understanding from what I have read is that there is an increased viral load of Delta - and that there is no difference between unvax/vax as far as the initial load amount during the infectious time, but that vax clear it quicker, and have lessened symptoms with decreased risk of hospitalization - and I've heard that across all vaccines.

Last edited:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...ted-people-have-similar-levels-of-virus#Delta
From the article:
While the vaccines still offer protection against the Delta variant, they are less effective than against previous variants, such as Alpha. Delta is more infectious than previous variants, and researchers, drawing on the latest population data, have found that this is the case for people who have and have not had the vaccination.

This was a finding of the REACT-1 study conducted by Imperial College London, which regularly samples tens of thousands of people. Preprint data from the final round of the study found the vaccines were 49% effective against the Delta variant — a significant drop from previous levels of effectiveness.

Now, in a new preprint, researchers have provided further evidence backing up this finding.

The new study found that virus levels in a fully vaccinated person who has contracted the Delta variant are similar to those of a person who has not had a vaccination.

This is a concern, as a person with a high viral load may be more likely to pass on the virus.

Ok there is no specific test for Delta, just like there wasn’t b and c. And for further variants. They are just guessing.

What gets me- why the CDC dismal of TWO antiparisitcs? Hydroxychloriquine was laughed off because of Trumps suggestion. Ivermectin is being treated the same. But the rest of the world is using it.

All I can say is follow the money. It wil be a matter of time when BigPharma will announce their cure. My money lays on a combo of HCQ and IVermectin.

Did it really? Why? Because a bunch of perpetual liers said so?

The people that swallow all this are the dangerous ones in our communities, they will be the narcs of the future reporting on those that try to skirt the new laws. Be careful who you talk to. When it comes to the needle I tell people I'm waiting for my doctors clearance as I have a heart condition. 50% of the people out there are relieved when they hear it. No one wants to go it alone and overt anti-vaxxers really lead with the chin.

This hits the nail on the head.
Complacency, and pretending that it doesn't exist.
My reality is weird. I go to work and it's like a war zone. I go out in public (albeit rarely) - and it's like there is nothing going on. It's really a hard thing to wrap your mind around.

My understanding from what I have read is that there is an increased viral load of Delta - and that there is no difference between unvax/vax as far as the initial load amount during the infectious time, but that vax clear it quicker, and have lessened symptoms with decreased risk of hospitalization - and I've heard that across all vaccines.
What you call complacency and pretending that it doesn't exist, we all call wanting to live our lives freely without having all this crap being constantly shoved down our throat.
Your a doctor, I wouldn’t expect you to tear down and rebuild a V16 Cat diesel. Nor would I expect for you to care what a mechanic goes through to rebuild that engine.
I can't possibly begin to debate you, or anyone else on this new flu or the vaccine, and I won't try.
Like I've said before, my concern is about the loss of our Constitutional freedoms over something that has greater than a 99% recovery.
For me our freedoms are far more important than this, or any other flu.
Do you really want a nanny state controlled by some dimwitted fool like Biden, or CDC, WHO?
Put the information out there and let the people decide for themselves, right or wrong.

DITTO ARCTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am given the responsibility for the lives of over 50 persons when I am driving a bus around Europe...

I am given the responsibility for the lives of hundreds of persons when I am driving a 40 ton truck filled with gasoline or diesel...

I was given the responsibility for thousands of lives when I signed for up to 27 nuclear warheads when I was in the Army in the Cold War years....

BUT I CANNOT HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO DECIDE IF I VAX OR NOT????
Take your VAX and shove it where the SUN DOES NOT SHINE!!!
Take your communist/faschist ideas and plans and do the same!!!
LIVE AND DECIDE FREE; Gary

What you call complacency and pretending that it doesn't exist, we all call wanting to live our lives freely without having all this crap being constantly shoved down our throat.
If everyone had just pretended there was no threat, and went about everything as normal, then maybe we've be over it by now because everyone would have had it and we'd have herd immunity. But in the meantime ICUs would have been overwhelmed and many many people would have died for lack of access to medical care. In fact, that was exactly what happened in New York City early on.
I chose to be cautious and use some common sense. It was my decision based on the best information I could find, not on the mainstream media, not on the CDC, and not on any mandates. As was when and if I took a jab (I eventually got the J&J jab for my own personal reasons - it was my informed decision). In Georgia (outside of Atlanta) we didn't have anything shoved down our throats and never really shut down like most places. What businesses did shut down or have mask requirements was their decision. There were some that made really stupid decisions and I chose not to do business with them while they were being stupid. Walmart, for example... They closed all but one entrance to the store and set up a single long barricaded walkway making everyone crowd together for a long time waiting to get through that one entrance while they checked that people entering were "properly masked." - THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING!
I refused to submit to that insanity.

I am still exercising common sense, informed common sense...and plan to continue doing so for the rest of my life.

I can't possibly begin to debate you, or anyone else on this new flu or the vaccine, and I won't try.
Like I've said before, my concern is about the loss of our Constitutional freedoms over something that has greater than a 99% recovery.
For me our freedoms are far more important than this, or any other flu.
Do you really want a nanny state controlled by some dimwitted fool like Biden, or CDC, WHO?
Put the information out there and let the people decide for themselves, right or wrong.

Yes, I don't want to debate about it on this forum, we have already proved it's pointless arguing.

I agree with you on the loss of freedoms. I have NEVER advocated for mandatory vaccination and am absolutely appalled at what is happening right now. I have had to really stop and reflect and think about what this means. Of course I know what it means from a public health perspective, but what does this mean for our country? we will be further divided... I don't believe this is a good move.

Now - some say like Dr. Henley above, lets let herd immunity take over and burn itself out -- well that would be great in a regular virus, and in theory I would tend to agree. However, this is a coronavirus. How many colds have you had in your lifetime? I would bet more than one. The unfortunate thing is we are now seeing people who got COVID the first go around with the first variant, and are now ending up hospitalized the 2nd time around. This is happening (and again I'm not here to argue about the treatment of these people). I do not truly think we will ever achieve herd immunity regardless of our vaccine status as we cannot immunize every country in the world within an appropriate time period to knock this out - we are just way too inefficient here. This will be going on for years and it is just a matter of time before the virus jumps the vaccine (watch the Mu variant which is just emerging now).

So no, I do not want a nanny state. I have never advocated for these idiots in charge (politicians in general, i'm not fond of either side) - to have increase in power.
I am working on trying to find a job remotely. Teaching, legal/medical - something other than working ICU where I can be exposed to every variant and is just a matter of time before something develops that is more lethal. That way I can hide out on my acreage and not have to deal with anyone.

Now - some say like Dr. Henley above, lets let herd immunity take over and burn itself out
Just to be clear, that comment was not advocating anything. It was phrased in the form of "If...maybe...But..." What I did advocate was having "informed common sense."

Hi all. Been missing for a while as I was making some necessary life changes. And if I may. I would like to post this link to a video directly concerning the virus and the vaccine. It is a bit lengthy at 20 mins. If you choose to watch it, I promise it will change your whole outlook on the subject.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/vTFMMasGQPyb/

Latest posts

Back