deaths in conflict chart

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
Bubble-and-lines-FINAL-03.png

A little note, but the scale is logarithmic, which shows how widely varying times are. Around 1890 we were at 1 death per 100k, WW2 took it to nearly 200, and right now we're sitting at about 5. I'm surprised the civil war wasn't a bigger dot (it's not even labeled).

yeah,I tried to find that dot too,as I vaguely remember the body count was high..but we humans are very good in killing each other, prolly that's
the reason no one wants to make contact with us..

A little note, but the scale is logarithmic, which shows how widely varying times are. Around 1890 we were at 1 death per 100k, WW2 took it to nearly 200, and right now we're sitting at about 5. I'm surprised the civil war wasn't a bigger dot (it's not even labeled).
This is based on world population, so while the civil war did result in a large number of deaths (around 620,000 including both sides of the conflict) it's not quite so significant when compared to the entire population of the world.

Brent, do you have a reference for those statistics? They seem a bit high. Not impossible, but questionable. In terms of causes, you are right. Didn't a few people 'fall' off the Grand Canyon just this past week?

In terms of starvation, I'd be curious as to which countries. I'd think local wars would be a huge part of that. That becomes local people just killing local people, but via a different method than bullets. Two problems, I don't know how you stop it, and interference isn't a good policy (involvement in their internal wars). This will sound harsh, but if someone wants to jump off the Grand Canyon, I can't/won't stop them. If two tribes across the world want to pummel each other, destroying their crops causing starvation on both sides, well they made their bed and they can eat it. We can't be the police/mom/big brother to the whole world.

Every place I know of where people are starving, there is a corrupt government causing it.

And in those areas/countries, the people have chosen their gov't. Why do people want to interfere with their choices? It boggles my mind, on the one hand they demand that we not interfere, but immediately turn around and demand that we interfere. Either we are the world's policeman or we're not.

I think every nation gets what they deserve. Those choose their gov't/representatives. They are the ones working in the gov't, they are the soldiers in their army. If they burn their own crop fields and kill one another, again that is their choice. Their choice and their rewards or their punishments. And the same is true for the US today.

And in those areas/countries, the people have chosen their gov't. Why do people want to interfere with their choices? It boggles my mind, on the one hand they demand that we not interfere, but immediately turn around and demand that we interfere. Either we are the world's policeman or we're not.

I think every nation gets what they deserve. Those choose their gov't/representatives. They are the ones working in the gov't, they are the soldiers in their army. If they burn their own crop fields and kill one another, again that is their choice. Their choice and their rewards or their punishments. And the same is true for the US today.
And in almost every case the US sends boat loads of tax payer funded foreign aid to support these corrupt governments. Let them stand on their own or fail on their own.

The whole Blackhawk Down debacle was caused by the UN trying to keep the warlords from hoarding all the humanitarian aid sent to Somalia. Which would not have needed humanitarian aid if it weren't for the warlords hoarding the food in the first place. Everyone was so bent out of shape about the children starving so we had to do something and it turned into an international cluster 性交.

Somalia.you know... the country that brought us Somalia Pirates...

The whole Blackhawk Down debacle was caused by the UN trying to keep the warlords from hoarding all the humanitarian aid sent to Somalia. Which would not have needed humanitarian aid if it weren't for the warlords hoarding the food in the first place. Everyone was so bent out of shape about the children starving so we had to do something and it turned into an international cluster 性交.

Somalia.you know... the country that brought us Somalia Pirates...

Amen! Again, they made the bed, they can sleep in it.

Latest posts

Back