Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DanielNicolasMartin

Reaction score
Dear Doomsday Diary,

October 13 of 2021.

"I’ve never been so scared in my life:" BC woman nearly hit by meteorite
Meteorite crashes through B.C. roof, just missing sleeping woman
MythBusters Cannonball Mishap hits house, car, mini van and road, Dublin California accident
MythBusters' Worst Day Ever
Using a Giant Neodymium Magnet To Find Real Meteorites!
NASA | NPP Sees Aftermath of the Chelyabinsk Meteor
Meteor Strikes Russia, Over 1,000 Believed Injured
Solar flare triggers geomagnetic storm, leading to auroras in Canada and the US
Northern lights: Spectacular aurora borealis takes over North American night sky
La Palma volcano: Lava engulfs cement factory forcing new lockdowns
Race to save California’s sequoia trees from wildfires and extreme drought - BBC News
Multiple heat domes are forming across northern hemisphere. Is there really an "infestation"?
'Records can be broken by several degrees' - What’s behind the record shattering heat waves?
Cities Issue Air Quality Warnings As Wildfires Rage

Just reading tea leaves here, but for a toilet-paper sized meteor chunk to land on a bed without breaking the bed, requires reduced speeds at lower altitudes, which to me implies something incidentally risky for the entire planet? God I hope the rock is proven to be from a quarry, and not from outer space, please let me be jumping to conclusions, I'll gladly own that when more science-based facts come in the days and weeks ahead:

To my limited civilian knowledge and imagination, 99.99% of space rocks become pea-sized or smaller by the time they hit our roadways, because our upper atmosphere is absolutely stuffed with moisture, gasses, and particles, that it acts as a highway sand-trap for incoming space rocks arriving at blank speeds, that the sheer force of abrasion first slows it down and burns away the greater majority of its contents, that by the time it reaches the lower atmosphere it speeds up again but it simply becomes a brilliant light show as the remaining chemical traces of its elements are consumed utterly. This is where light shows and sonic booms are the most common stories of low-atmosphere events, requiring the space rock to had been initially gigantic in size in order for something about the size of a baseball to a bowling ball to car size to ever make newsworthy landfall, usually within its own deep crater that buries itself under several feet of soil.

The complete opposite appears to be the case here, and I find its implications a tad bit disturbing. The space rock was initially large, but it only experienced low atmospheric abrasion, prompting hundreds of eyewitness recordings across thousands of kilometers by the time it gently landed on this lady's bed, and notice no burn marks on the mattress, this rock was cold! This means that the space rock did not experience any initial slowing in any upper atmosphere conditions of moisture, gasses, and particles, meaning that something has replaced it entirely? Our planet doesn't seem to have a functioning defense system against space rocks at this present time; what did exist in 2013 over Russia is clearly no longer present in 2021 over North America?

What has happened across the entire globe in 2021 is climate change gone into its extremes, as wildfires and volcanoes are erupting everywhere, producing unprecedented volumes of HOT Greenhouse Gasses and COLD PM2.5 that would cause what has heat to rise highest and what is cooler to settle lowest. I speculate, that the combined global 2021 release of Greenhouse Gasses has sustained itself into our most highest upper atmosphere, such as evidenced in the succession of Heat Domes that embody these chemical compounds, that being so thick as the high pressure systems they are, pushes what is cooler completely out of its way and out of the upper atmosphere completely, thereby stripping the planet of its abrasive components being reallocated into the lower atmosphere PM2.5 plumes, that contributed to the equally unprecedented poorest air quality conditions unto pandemic contribution. I don't think it's a coincidence that British Columbia saw the hottest temperature on the planet at its time, followed later by a significantly slowed-down cold hunk of space rock that lit-up brilliantly in the lower particle-rich atmosphere, as this area of the world in this year has completely lost its space defense capabilities?

Now at this present time, our solar activity is waking up and producing these magnificent geostorm-sourced aurora borealis displays, prompting various scientific articles to be published on its regards to our digital and technological infrastructure, but I haven't come across anything yet on how it may be interacting with our "meteor belt", that maybe or maybe not it could be instigating towards-planet contact, and if so, that with Heat Domes having basically filter-scrubbed all defensive abrasive contents from our upper atmosphere has left human civilization without its more significant natural space defense shielding? IF this being the case, I'm left questioning that for every place in the world that reaches a minimum temperature of 122 Fahrenheit or 50 Celsius in the times ahead, may be inevitably subject to "Cold Impact" Space Rocks such as what this lady had gently landing in her bed on October 04 of 2021, that building anything above ground in a world suffering climate change may be impossible from unbuffered outer space threats? Forget WW3 Nuclear Cold War prompting bunker sales, maybe we need to worry about those much smaller space rocks akin to that epic Mythbusters accident with the cannon ball bouncing around throughout communities??? Physical infrastructure may be limited to deeper subterranean & deeper oceanic architecture if this becomes normalized, as conventional households, condominiums, and shallow bunkers, aren't built like medieval castles to withstand such primitive constant bombardments!

Please let that "bed rock" be bedrock.

- DM

backandbeyond

Reaction score
The bulk of the earth's atmosphere is 10 miles deep, any small object falling from space has reached terminal velocity, 118 MPH, long before it hits the surface, or a roof and then a bed. Stick your head out the window of a car moving at 100 miles an hour and you'll get an idea of the forces involved. Only massive objects like asteroids can reach the surface at high velocities. For example a 10 mile diameter asteroid is hitting the earths surface while it's trailing face is still way up in the thin air. Then they vaporize on contact because of the massive speed.

Dave2001

God Like
Reaction score
Dear Doomsday Diary,

October 13 of 2021.

"I’ve never been so scared in my life:" BC woman nearly hit by meteorite
Meteorite crashes through B.C. roof, just missing sleeping woman
MythBusters Cannonball Mishap hits house, car, mini van and road, Dublin California accident
MythBusters' Worst Day Ever
Using a Giant Neodymium Magnet To Find Real Meteorites!
NASA | NPP Sees Aftermath of the Chelyabinsk Meteor
Meteor Strikes Russia, Over 1,000 Believed Injured
Solar flare triggers geomagnetic storm, leading to auroras in Canada and the US
Northern lights: Spectacular aurora borealis takes over North American night sky
La Palma volcano: Lava engulfs cement factory forcing new lockdowns
Race to save California’s sequoia trees from wildfires and extreme drought - BBC News
Multiple heat domes are forming across northern hemisphere. Is there really an "infestation"?
'Records can be broken by several degrees' - What’s behind the record shattering heat waves?
Cities Issue Air Quality Warnings As Wildfires Rage

Just reading tea leaves here, but for a toilet-paper sized meteor chunk to land on a bed without breaking the bed, requires reduced speeds at lower altitudes, which to me implies something incidentally risky for the entire planet? God I hope the rock is proven to be from a quarry, and not from outer space, please let me be jumping to conclusions, I'll gladly own that when more science-based facts come in the days and weeks ahead:

To my limited civilian knowledge and imagination, 99.99% of space rocks become pea-sized or smaller by the time they hit our roadways, because our upper atmosphere is absolutely stuffed with moisture, gasses, and particles, that it acts as a highway sand-trap for incoming space rocks arriving at blank speeds, that the sheer force of abrasion first slows it down and burns away the greater majority of its contents, that by the time it reaches the lower atmosphere it speeds up again but it simply becomes a brilliant light show as the remaining chemical traces of its elements are consumed utterly. This is where light shows and sonic booms are the most common stories of low-atmosphere events, requiring the space rock to had been initially gigantic in size in order for something about the size of a baseball to a bowling ball to car size to ever make newsworthy landfall, usually within its own deep crater that buries itself under several feet of soil.

The complete opposite appears to be the case here, and I find its implications a tad bit disturbing. The space rock was initially large, but it only experienced low atmospheric abrasion, prompting hundreds of eyewitness recordings across thousands of kilometers by the time it gently landed on this lady's bed, and notice no burn marks on the mattress, this rock was cold! This means that the space rock did not experience any initial slowing in any upper atmosphere conditions of moisture, gasses, and particles, meaning that something has replaced it entirely? Our planet doesn't seem to have a functioning defense system against space rocks at this present time; what did exist in 2013 over Russia is clearly no longer present in 2021 over North America?

What has happened across the entire globe in 2021 is climate change gone into its extremes, as wildfires and volcanoes are erupting everywhere, producing unprecedented volumes of HOT Greenhouse Gasses and COLD PM2.5 that would cause what has heat to rise highest and what is cooler to settle lowest. I speculate, that the combined global 2021 release of Greenhouse Gasses has sustained itself into our most highest upper atmosphere, such as evidenced in the succession of Heat Domes that embody these chemical compounds, that being so thick as the high pressure systems they are, pushes what is cooler completely out of its way and out of the upper atmosphere completely, thereby stripping the planet of its abrasive components being reallocated into the lower atmosphere PM2.5 plumes, that contributed to the equally unprecedented poorest air quality conditions unto pandemic contribution. I don't think it's a coincidence that British Columbia saw the hottest temperature on the planet at its time, followed later by a significantly slowed-down cold hunk of space rock that lit-up brilliantly in the lower particle-rich atmosphere, as this area of the world in this year has completely lost its space defense capabilities?

Now at this present time, our solar activity is waking up and producing these magnificent geostorm-sourced aurora borealis displays, prompting various scientific articles to be published on its regards to our digital and technological infrastructure, but I haven't come across anything yet on how it may be interacting with our "meteor belt", that maybe or maybe not it could be instigating towards-planet contact, and if so, that with Heat Domes having basically filter-scrubbed all defensive abrasive contents from our upper atmosphere has left human civilization without its more significant natural space defense shielding? IF this being the case, I'm left questioning that for every place in the world that reaches a minimum temperature of 122 Fahrenheit or 50 Celsius in the times ahead, may be inevitably subject to "Cold Impact" Space Rocks such as what this lady had gently landing in her bed on October 04 of 2021, that building anything above ground in a world suffering climate change may be impossible from unbuffered outer space threats? Forget WW3 Nuclear Cold War prompting bunker sales, maybe we need to worry about those much smaller space rocks akin to that epic Mythbusters accident with the cannon ball bouncing around throughout communities??? Physical infrastructure may be limited to deeper subterranean & deeper oceanic architecture if this becomes normalized, as conventional households, condominiums, and shallow bunkers, aren't built like medieval castles to withstand such primitive constant bombardments!

Please let that "bed rock" be bedrock.

- DM
I find this one VERY hard to believe!!!

DanielNicolasMartin

Reaction score
I find this one VERY hard to believe!!!
I will admit to that. It's a long shot, but not impossible; but if true is absolutely devastating and should be accounted for, so I won't hesitate to call it early for what it could be. What makes me have to acknowledge it, for now, is the condition of the bedroom (neither destroyed or burned, as force of cosmic impact and extreme heat appears impossibly absent), and the expert evaluation declared that it likely and truly is a meteorite and not a nearby mining incident, which is one that has no equal in all of human history in how it successfully landed in bed with a woman? Except of course, by the Mythbusters....and at that equivalently slow speed, must beckon an extreme alteration of our atmosphere to accommodate that end result? It is ridiculous, but so must be the state of our planet at this time?

DanielNicolasMartin

Reaction score
And for those of you that keep asking about if I have water stored-up or not, I really am listening, and there's a hierarchy of expenses I have to appease before I can attempt such. I always have a few cases of bottled water near my person, but not months and months of supplies like you guys have, for now. And yes, I do acknowledge its importance. For example, up in Iqaluit right now, could at any day happen in the Great Lakes such as via Line 5, being the far worse scale of the same preventable disaster.

For years people in Iqaluit have feared their water, now it’s undrinkable | APTN News

The kind of questions I'm asking, isn't how do I play by the currently failing society's rules in attaining sparse and expensive provisions, but how do I rebuild the next civilization that survives the failures of its immediate predecessor?

For instance, water created from air, such as is proposed by the technology in Skywater | Atmospheric Water Generator, won't contain the pollutants from industrial catastrophe that will have obliterated the water treatment facilities and household plumbing if not immediately disconnected, and will likely be far more efficient in areas of the world that can mooch off the humidity of a nearby water body source, that otherwise needs to be generated in a forested or rocky area. Boil it if you must, but this will keep your tub and toilet and sink and hydroponics running, assuming you have a wind or solar or manual-means supply should the grid or gas go offline?

What I think is really cool is how Skywater could be compatible with Passive Housing for deep bunker water on demand, just like you'd have installed a natural gas line and generator, except this one for temperature-constant air and water as climate change develops.

Is this something I can take advantage of right now? No, but I keep it in my diary for the day that I can, so I never forget it. Better if I'm not the only one who keeps it in mind, hence I keep my doomsday diary open for all. And always, thank you for reading and commenting, all of it is always welcome, no matter the response or participation level.

Amish Heart

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we drank water out of the hose. I didn't mean for you to buy water when you get more money. If you have running water in your apartment in Canada, fill up empty jugs with your tap water. That is an almost free prep and can save your life.
You talk about how to obtain sparse and expensive foods when society collapses? We are on a slow decline right now, and prices are going up. Today is the day to get those supplies.
So question for you....since you are talking Skywater and Bunkers....how long will you survive with the water and food you currently have in your apartment? Or do you have any, and just like to research very random stuff?

Fill up water jugs. Use empty 2 liter pop containers or juice containers. Put water in them.

Dracos

God Like
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a satire, a man with a French accent is talking about how his company's bottled water is the best in the whole world. "Only $1 a bottle". Then in an aside "That we get from a hose in the alley."

Amish Heart

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I think it's funny that people are so picky. Just add the required amt of bleach that is listed for your water amount. If it's been sitting for awhile and you plan to drink it, run it thru your filter. We lost water a few years back and it is amazing how much junk water we used to flush the toilets. We knew our water pipe would be fixed the next day, so we didn't bother with the outdoor bathroom stuff. We have 2 Big Berkeys, extra filters, and an RO system at the sink. On our own well. We store a good amt of water, every should. Run your tap!

Daniel....if you have a bathtub ...look into a water bob
Look at things you throw away that are food grade. Can it hold water?

And Dirt Diva...Hooray, More Ladies!