CW (Continuous Wave) Morse Code

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
Here are keys for CW.
Here is a MFJ-557 practice oscillator with key attached. Takes a 9v battery.
MFJ-557 Code Oscillator With Key.JPG

Below is a MFJ-461 Morse Code Reader. I put it next to the speaker of the oscillator so I can gauge my speed and accuracy as I go.

Morse Code Reader MFJ 461.JPG
Below is a Chinese Army Surplus Key called a K5.
Chinese Army K5 Key.JPG

Below is a Russian Army Surplus Key I got from a guy in the Ukraine. No Armies use CW (Morse Code) anymore so you can them at a reasonable price.
View attachment 281

It seems I lost one in the process. Anyway below is a Russian Army Key I got from a guy in the Ukraine. No Armies use CW (Morse Code) anymore so you can get these for reasonable prices.
Russian Army Key.JPG
Russian Army Key.JPG

Below is my favorite key. I date this from 1903-1911 British Postal Key. It's a brass straight key. I find this one easiest to use. Finding books on Technique is hard. I found one on Ebay from 1923 and a few You Tube vids. Anyway I like this one the best. I got this from a Ham in NJ. It was used a lot. The anvil was really worn down.
FYI: The EMP Sept. 1, 1859 (the Carrington Flare) was so strong it blew telegraph operators off there keys and flung them crossed the room and lasted 2 days.
Postal Key.JPG

Latest posts

Back