Currently rebuilding

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm currently rebuilding my preps after a string of bad luck, I have a small amount of supplies built back up (2 months worth plus means to grow and get my own water) and I'm currently branching off into "non necessities" some may call it. If my time in the military taught me anything it was that having an advantage over your enemy can affect the outcome majorly, I'm already looking at short range drones (300-500 meter range) for scouting and security. along with getting a Ham Radio (if anyone has any links on up to date study material it would be highly appreciated) I'm also curious if there's any groups in the Souther WV area that are well trained or at the very least have decent comms up and running.?

A little about me if your interested, Navy Auxiliary Machinist Mate on a LHD platform (worked around Marines a lot and can fix/operate almost anything) EMT-I certified, (civilian) Land Navigation Courses, and (civilian) Cold weather survival training.
My mindset is the world can't run forever after SHTF occurs in a "mad max" state and if you attempt it you will likely die, groups will form, alliances, and eventually down the road nations, its happened several times in history before, my goals are to survive the initial shock phase and attempt rebuilding as soon as the situation dems it possible to draw in more allies (but hopefully already have a decent ground work built with a community) Yes numbers pose risks of disagreements but it protects from outside attacks, I'd hate to be in a small group and run across a not so friendly large group down the road in SHTF and believe that decent networks need to be built in order to prevent getting killed, because yeah anyone can hide out for several months or even years but you have to eventually go get supplies or start up a farm. my goal isn't "try to be friends with everyone" I know that would never work BUT formation of alliances takes loads of work off a single individual and allows for larger operations.

I'd be putting my $$$ into more practical preps than extreme tangent stuff like drones >>> if you're as DIY handy as you claim - I'd be making sure I had that category uber uber covered - not just to cover your own place & gear but to a repair biz level >>> had just a slight bump with China and there was plenty of holes across the retail circuit on just about everything - get the tools & hardware while the "getting" is still good ...

Do you follow that tv show "Alone"? It's amazing what those folks can do with just ten items. I think that is a great place for everyone to start. We are not contestants, so we can have more fishing hooks... ;~)

How is your seed collection? Cheap, easy to carry, a must have.

Welcome

2 months worth of stored food isnt much if you have to hunker down and stay put immediately after SHTF, even if you can grow your own food and thats not always possible it could be up to 12 months before you can harvest any produce given what time of year the collapse might come.
Yes I'm aware I had 2 years worth for 4 people originally but thanks to fire and several other things I lost just about all my preps

Do you follow that tv show "Alone"? It's amazing what those folks can do with just ten items. I think that is a great place for everyone to start. We are not contestants, so we can have more fishing hooks... ;~)

How is your seed collection? Cheap, easy to carry, a must have.

Welcome
Right now I have 36 different vegetables and a minimum of 2000 seeds per species in cold storage but I also have a 4 tiny travel kit I like to call "EMSEG" (emergency mobile survival essentials gardens) of 50 seeds each also kept cold

I'd be putting my $$$ into more practical preps than extreme tangent stuff like drones >>> if you're as DIY handy as you claim - I'd be making sure I had that category uber uber covered - not just to cover your own place & gear but to a repair biz level >>> had just a slight bump with China and there was plenty of holes across the retail circuit on just about everything - get the tools & hardware while the "getting" is still good ...
I mean yeah I have my stuff I work with like my welders, hand tools, ect, ect. But I don't consider those really preps because there always in use and yes I have spare parts for it but I don't consider those really preps, but more tools can never hurt

Latest posts

Back