Current Life Survival Bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
So, to clarify up front.

This is not about a Get Home Bag, or Bug Out Bag.

This is quite simply, a small bag I keep in the car, under the back seat, to help with life's little emergencies (keep in mind, 5 of us, and 3 of them are women).

I'll have to include a pic, as it's really just a military style fanny pack, but it holds a TON of stuff. Yep, this all fits in the thing.

Small folding brush with mirror
Travel size hairspray
Disposable toothbrush picks (have toothpaste already in them)
Hair Ties
Bobby Pins
Safety Pins
Rubber Bands
Small First Aid Kit (bandages, med tape, anti-bacterial ointment, ACE bandage, blister bandages)
OTC Meds (headache, pain, cold/flu, allergy, menstrual, glucose, etc.)
Lighter
Paracord
Small Sewing Kit
Eyeglass Repair Kit
Fabric Glue
Stain Pen
Small Stapler
Beef Jerky, Fruit Snacks
Tampons, Pads
Multi-tool
Emergency Ponchos (the really thin, small kind)
5 in one Whistle (compass, fire-starter, etc.)
Spare pair of socks
Spare pairs of stockings (2 each of tan, 2 each of black....need 2 different sizes for the 3 gals)
Nail Kit (press on nails)
Small Emergency Makeup (I have no idea what all is in this pouch, but like foundation, eyeliner, lipstick I believe)

If you ever need to get someone on board with prepping, just start one of these, and you'll be home-free in no time. Sure helped me. They'll soon see how handy it is to be prepared for anything, and suddenly, you're not so crazy anymore. Prepping can help in the here and now too. Not just for doomsayers anymore!

Granted, I also have my GHB in the car (though no hiding this in the truck, so in the backseat floor middle), as well as a Car Emergency Kit that is under the seat, next to the pack mentioned in this post. It has a decent tool kit, siphon kit, collapsing jug, road flares, etc. But, the life emergency pack is something we use nearly every other day (I restock it each weekend, anything that gets used). I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but since I looked at it this weekend, helps me remember.

You know.. I always thought about carrying my B.O.B with me.. but I should really get a Car Bag..

Sounds good though!

As an aside, this is a GREAT way to kind of introduce the idea of prepping as a conversation starter. You don't have to go into your fully detailed plan to deal with the zombies....

Talking about this one thing, can open eyes, and doors.

yeah it is..and im now wondering to what i already have,in which i can put into the car,..i need to get around to getting a 1st aid kit for it.

I constantly find new things to add too. Like eyedrops, as we needed these the other day.

You can always just start with a few band aids, some clean cloths, or whatever you have around allready. You can upgrade a little at a time, but having something in the vehicle is smart. In your car you are way more likely to either be in an accident or come upon one than just about anything else you do. I have a recessed spare tire well that is great. The spare is mounted under the car, so it was a perfect place to stash all kind of stuff. Unfortunately the car, with its hot and cold extremes, is a rough environment for perishable supplies, so it's good to rotate once in a while. I've had some mre's in there for about a year, and it's probably about time to chunk them. A box of 9mm ammo will get used the next time I target practice and get replaced. Even the band aids have probably lost some of the adhesive by now. Even so, old supplies are still better than none in a pinch. I bet those mre's would taste great if you haven't eaten in two or three days.

i stuck a box of band aids and hand wipes in there,when i went out to rearrange things better..the recessed spare tire well is one thing i wish the car had.but yet,the factory jack,is one of the factory scissor jacks.in which i dont care for.on account way to many people has either gotten injured or killed from then collapsing.so it came out.and that gave me another storage area..

Latest posts

Back