Cross-dressing Ladies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heatherness

Reaction score
I've always thought if shtf and it gets really rough it might be better to blend in with the men and not attract attention as a woman. Ladies, could you shave your head, wear men's clothing, and go without makeup if things get really bad? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it would help?

Absolutely. If the SHTF and there is no law, I shudder to think how some men are going to treat any women they find. If you're a woman and have to travel in a post SHTF landscape, it's an EXCELLENT suggestion. Of course, not every gal could pull this off convincingly up close, but even at a distance may help prevent the unthinkable.

It worked for Calamity Jane...
330px-Calamity_jane.jpeg

Going without make and dressing like and acting like a man are no problems for me. . .I ran with the guys growing up and apparently when handin with hunny and his friend they think nothing of me being female cause I am out there doin what they do. . . my problem would be shaving the hair. Guess I'll need to put it up in a hat

thats a little weird to me. if i was a women i would rather hide myself from society

I think it would be worth doing, but difficult to pull off because of things like gait, general posture etc. Doable though, certainly at a distance or casual encounter.

As for the hair, you don't have to have a buzz cut, just short would do but cut like a bloke (if there's a difference).

Wearing a Shemagh (if appropriate in the conditions) would help a lot as well.

Even when cutting hair, there is still no Adams Apple on close inspection . . . dead give - away. I'm not totally opposed to cutting my hair, but I am getting to be an old lady not that that matters anymore. I have seen men's hair longer than mine and that is saying something and I have seen a few even I would be envious of!

Absolutely. If the SHTF and there is no law, I shudder to think how some men are going to treat any women they find. If you're a woman and have to travel in a post SHTF landscape, it's an EXCELLENT suggestion. Of course, not every gal could pull this off convincingly up close, but even at a distance may help prevent the unthinkable.
Look at how women are treated in India, and a lot of the Arab world. These are countries with laws, supposedly. If there were no rule or consequence here I'm sure it would go the same way. I think you came up with a really smart idea to avoid trouble. I also think it would take a lot more than a haircut to make you look like a man!

if post shtf gangs/tribes/looters what have u are that far gone then i don't think hiding is gonna make much difference,they,ll just dipatch the fellas and take what they want and a female would be a bonus.I think the best way to avoid that is let it be known and shown female or male for that matter that shtf or not your personal space and property and family are not to be messed with and the first person/ people that look like there intentions are less than honurable make an example of them.like all nieghberhoods word will spread and a lethal reputation might serve anyone better than a shaved head although it would keep potentiol life at bay.plus it,ll give something to talk about around the camp fire at night.Point being like picture Annie Okaley not many men would risk it once she's dropped a few.I think nicieties will not be a luxury anyone can afford in those extreme scenarios.Might will be right and that's the wack.

I think trying to go unnoticed is wise, but even more effective is to have a good pistol under your disguise. It's always better for you to go around any confrontation, but if you can't then a strong response is going to keep you safe.

For sure if your travelling perhaps evasion will be less consuming on all resources but if settled which eventually would be necessary and welcome that's when a more repect me and i,ll grant you the same might be a goer.I wonder what the M to F ratio would be like,women being usually less violent might just watch all the post shtf alpha males shred each other.

.I wonder what the M to F ratio would be like,

Sadly, I don't share your optimism. In a world without law, I would really fear for the safety and welfare of all women. Heck, I do that now in our current world...with three ladies in the house. Two of 'em can pretty much handle themselves, but the other is going to fall for just about anything (my daughter). Love her to death, but she's far too naive and trusting of people (and way too overconfident of her non-existing physical ability to fight). Simply put, she's tiny, and doesn't understand mass ratios.

although I am not a female, people here know me and they know to "step lightly" around me and that I wont suffer fools gladly, my wife is pretty much the same and wont put up with any c##p from the neighbours, there are easier targets in the neighbourhood than us!!Shoot

I to have full responsibility of two tougher than chuck Norris in the eighties and whos albert Einstein i,ll hear because with a combined age of less than 30 apparently my youngest told me today as we spoke about prepping that its never gonna happen.Big pauls onto it which again doesn't bode well.people who are likley to attack women or the defenceless will be like all cowards so as in that knowing the pyschology of them will be helpful and i still maintain if you cant evade hit first,hit hard and hit until the go that off white blue colour.perhaps there mates will look for less defensive places/people.As for the females i,m sure they,ll adapt accordingly and mine will never leave my sight until they take their first fool down.Unfortunately there's no nice way to sugar coat this tangent of this topic and that's its gonna be Darwin for 3 points no net.The strong and smart will survive lets hope the majority remembered to pack thief morale compass.I think it,ll get pretty savage though so whatever it takes to get through.

L
I've always thought if shtf and it gets really rough it might be better to blend in with the men and not attract attention as a woman. Ladies, could you shave your head, wear men's clothing, and go without makeup if things get really bad? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it would help?
Perhaps not shave your head but keep the hair short. To blend in we have to not only look the part but walk the talk. By the way, are you really serious about make up in a shtf situation? I wear little to no make up in any normal situation but thinking of putting on make whilst trying to hang on to life is kind of sarcastic to me. Yes you can see me all dolled up going out at night - but certainly not when hunting or canning food in the kitchen. Hope that helps to get priorities right.
Good luck to find the inner strenght required to do it "your way"

I to have full responsibility of two tougher than chuck Norris in the eighties and whos albert Einstein i,ll hear because with a combined age of less than 30 apparently my youngest told me today as we spoke about prepping that its never gonna happen.Big pauls onto it which again doesn't bode well.people who are likley to attack women or the defenceless will be like all cowards so as in that knowing the pyschology of them will be helpful and i still maintain if you cant evade hit first,hit hard and hit until the go that off white blue colour.perhaps there mates will look for less defensive places/people.As for the females i,m sure they,ll adapt accordingly and mine will never leave my sight until they take their first fool down.Unfortunately there's no nice way to sugar coat this tangent of this topic and that's its gonna be Darwin for 3 points no net.The strong and smart will survive lets hope the majority remembered to pack thief morale compass.I think it,ll get pretty savage though so whatever it takes to get through.
I'm afraid I have as much doubt on the goodness of human nature as you do. I know there are lots of good people in the world, lots are on this site, but if things get really bad and there is no fear of consequences, there are lots of really rotten people out there. Many who only respect a harsh hand.

I think what my former boss said it best, "Prison rules, go establish dominance, Punch her in the face!" Except this time her is a he, and have a gun and many other weapons at the ready, and don't forget to bring a friend or a lot of friends.

Best advice for anyone (man or woman) post SHTF...travel in a group, or settle in a group. Mutual defense is going to be the key to survival.

While a lone wolf can survive too, sooner or later, a group will stumble on them and the lone wolf will simply be outmatched.

Latest posts

Back