Creating A Bug-Out-Bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did that when i took my son camping a couple of weeks ago. He went 4 days with no t.v. and no video games of any kind. It was a little rough for him in the beginning. However, he did get used to it.
People have to plug in the holes the devices now take. It is like lots of other things we all, of all ages get used to in this life. I decided not to watch any conventional TV about 7 years ago. I missed some of the good programs I found educational and worth my time to sit and watch, now I don't even think about that sacrifice much anymore. Children need more of the off the grid activities to really appreciate what they have too. When the SHTF you sure don't want to have to put up with your children bucking all that you will have to manage then.

People have to plug in the holes the devices now take. It is like lots of other things we all, of all ages get used to in this life. I decided not to watch any conventional TV about 7 years ago. I missed some of the good programs I found educational and worth my time to sit and watch, now I don't even think about that sacrifice much anymore. Children need more of the off the grid activities to really appreciate what they have too. When the SHTF you sure don't want to have to put up with your children bucking all that you will have to manage then.
I agree! Maybe it will get more people to take up reading the Bible again!

I agree! Maybe it will get more people to take up reading the Bible again!
Wouldn't that be an improvement for more Bible reading? Getting back to another important point is to make sure the bug out bags are carried by everyone. I have seen some tiny tots in airports pulling a suitcase on wheels and now considering situations when the SHTF each person can do something, even the really young ones.

Wouldn't that be an improvement for more Bible reading? Getting back to another important point is to make sure the bug out bags are carried by everyone. I have seen some tiny tots in airports pulling a suitcase on wheels and now considering situations when the SHTF each person can do something, even the really young ones.
The more people carrying stuff is vital as it will allow a family to carry more of everything needed plus some extras.

I made a list from several sources for my bug out bag. I occassionally take items out thinking they are duplicates for the things I already have covered, but most often times I add to the contents. I have decided to put s0me items in a covered container in my back yard. Recently I discovered some homeless people in my yard, so I want to mention to people thinking their property is safe with prepper items on it might consider locking the container. If I had not seen the homeless in my yard, I might have left it unlocked and then gone one day needing my stash and found it gone. This is something worth thinking about for all property items. One never knows when the SHTF what will happen to things left unlocked.

46. kite string-
I didnt even really think about this till my grandfather offered me 2 spools of it! it can be useful in alot of ways such as: bow string, snare traps, sutchers, tying stuff up etc.
and i will be bringing my bible too, yes! well if i have time to pack it on my way out, ive been reading it alot lately lol

46. kite string-
I didnt even really think about this till my grandfather offered me 2 spools of it! it can be useful in alot of ways such as: bow string, snare traps, sutchers, tying stuff up etc.
and i will be bringing my bible too, yes! well if i have time to pack it on my way out, ive been reading it alot lately lol
Kite string is a great idea. personally I use what is known as "550 cord" or "parachute cord." It is known as 550 cord because I understand it will support 550 pounds.

lol yes paracord is the opertune thing to have, and i hope to get some soon. but hey if i get good stuff for free, im definitly not gonna turn it down lmao.

47. a watch:
preferably one with time AND date.
once shtf, i doubt people are going to take calenders or an alarm clock, lol.
after a while, one will probably lose track of time and date, unless they know astrology or how to use a sun dial.
if for nothing else a watch will help a person psycologicly.

47. a watch:
preferably one with time AND date.
once shtf, i doubt people are going to take calenders or an alarm clock, lol.
after a while, one will probably lose track of time and date, unless they know astrology or how to use a sun dial.
if for nothing else a watch will help a person psycologicly.
I might suggest one with multiple time zones.
Casio makes some that have altimeters, compass, and thermometers. However,
I had one for about 2 months and was not pleased with the accuracy. I'm not sure i was just the lucky one who got the "special" one, or if the technology isn't quite there.

True! the best ones in my opinion would be the rechargables. true their quit a bit more expensive, but they last a bit longer and you can use solar and other stuff to recharge them.

True! the best ones in my opinion would be the rechargables. true their quit a bit more expensive, but they last a bit longer and you can use solar and other stuff to recharge them.
Since I have the solar equipment I am investing rechargeable batteries. I don't think I will need 9volt, but D, C, AA, AAA are a must.

You know, my favorite thing about prepping is the bug out bag. It is the one thing that has to pull you through if all esle fails. I always have one when I go on trips, you never know! Not to mention it is the easiest way to start prepping. I will post mine for people to take a look at tomorrow. Just remember my bug out bag inventory is designed for my situation and not necessarily yours. Getting late, catch y'all tomorrow.

You know, my favorite thing about prepping is the bug out bag. It is the one thing that has to pull you through if all esle fails. I always have one when I go on trips, you never know! Not to mention it is the easiest way to start prepping. I will post mine for people to take a look at tomorrow. Just remember my bug out bag inventory is designed for my situation and not necessarily yours. Getting late, catch y'all tomorrow.
Thanks for the offer it will definitely help people get a start if they have not yet started

Just remember my bug out bag inventory is designed for my situation and not necessarily yours.

Very true. Though some items may be similar our location, and what we are preparing for will dictate what people need. duplicating another peron's bag may cause some problems in a real situation.

I found a reason to take along them 9volts Clydesdale.
48. 9volts and brillow pads:
if you touch the 9volt to the brillow it will create a + and - connection easily starting fires (well easier than a bow fire lol)

I found a reason to take along them 9volts Clydesdale.
48. 9volts and brillow pads:
if you touch the 9volt to the brillow it will create a + and - connection easily starting fires (well easier than a bow fire lol)
That is a new on me! I never knew you could do that. Thanks for sharing. I shall see if I can try that next time I go camping.
Do you have a link where you saw this, unless it is your discovery?

no, tbh, i saw it on Duel Survival, I've seen it done before, but i didn't remember it until i saw the show yesterday.
ill see if i can find a link or something though.
it does make sense, though, Brillo pads are a type of conduit metal, being placed onna 9volt battery would arch it

Latest posts

Back