Crazy innit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
On a UK prepper E mail group we have been chatting away about how we would love the right to own LEGAL UNLICENCED 22 Rimfire guns for prepping, hunting, vermin control, target shooting and home security, for about five days we have been wistfully dreaming about being blessed to the heavens if we could buy a Ruger 10/22 even if with just a wooden stock and one ten round mag, or a nice mag fed bolt action 22LR CZ carbine.

Then I go and visit forums like AR15.com and DDF etc and see the choices available to you people in the US.

I sometimes think you former Colonials do not TRULY appreciate exactly what you have, and nor how easily you could lose it. Do keep that in mind in future because Freedom is never free.

OH yes before I forget in the last few days David Cameron has said ALL semi automtic guns should be banned in Europe, his prodegy Zac Goldsmith wants all online knife sales banned and some idiots on the left want ARCHERY equipment banned only clubs allowed to keep bows etc.

Last edited:
Yap! and to make matters worse, even after the Second Amendment is stripped and we get a new conservative court the Supremes hate reversing earlier rulings by the court and pretty much count the justices out of revisiting the law, so we are diffidently in uncertain times.

I just watched a Sky News interview with a chap called Carson who is standing for the Repubican candidacy, what a pleasant level headed chap who is immovable over your second amendment, it was possible the best interview I have seen with a Merkin politican in 20 years

Until you realize he's a religious zealot who thinks the pyramids were built by King David as grain repositories, and would seek to overturn decisions already in place based on his own religion......

(the above is actually true, believe it or not)....

Though she isn't my pick, it's basically Hillary's election to lose, and I don't see how it would happen. At this point, she could shoot someone in the face on national TV and still win the election.

The only person the GOP has that has any traction is Trump, and he doesn't have enough to beat Hillary (and half of even the GOP hates him as a choice). When he doesn't get the GOP nod for candidate at the Convention, he's going to run independent, pretty much cutting the GOP down the line, ensuring a Hillary victory. If he doesn't run independent, it is still lost, because no other GOP candidate has stood out the entire time, so they don't have the numbers.

The whole Trump thing is an enigma to many, but I perfectly understand it. There are a lot of us Americans who are simply fed up with business as usual, and of all this PC bull. Trump basically voices what we too are feeling. Unfortunately, he goes a bit too far, and alienates instead though. That's where we differ. He just goes too far. Which is a shame, as he actually has some good ideas. True, he's looking for a legacy (as all old rich men do), but in doing so, he wants it to be a GOOD one, so he'll work at it...which is more than I can say for our current idiot. Well, he's not an idiot, he's simply placed there by who really runs things...the same folks that are feeling no heat at all, because their candidate of choice (Clinton) is a shoe-in. The ONLY thing keeping them up at night is the chance that Trump could just pull it off.....

But rest easy shadow government....there's really no way that can happen, because even if he DID win the popular vote, you'd ensure that the Electoral College numbers and those Diebold machines all spit out Hillary as the victor.

It's also why there is no other GOP front-runner. The establishment knows there isn't a republican in the field that can beat Hillary, so they aren't going to throw money at a bad investment when there's a sure thing staring them in the face.

The best thing I can say about Trump is he loves this country and does not want to destroy it. Same with Carson. Trump would definitely be a "bull in a china shop" as president. I have no idea how many things he would break. Come to think of it he sort of reminds me of Patton. In order to understand Carson's strange comments, you have to realize that he is a Seventh Day Adventist. I am not sure how that would affect his presidency. I suspect he would moderate in a big way after a short time in the Oval Office. He seems to have peaked, however.

And then there is Ted Cruz. Parenthetically, Cruz's wife is also Seventh Day Adventist. Cruz needs a lot of polishing of the rough edges before he could win a general election. He doesn't have the visceral appeal that Trump has. He's a lot deeper in terms of policy and conservative convictions than either Trump or Carson, but doesn't come across in 30 second sound bites that well. Once the field narrows and he gets more time to explain his ideas, I hope people will understand him better.

I like Cruz though not mentioned is Rubio, of all the candidates Rubio is perhaps the best debater of all candidates that can articulate far better though if Cruz is talking on subjects he is passionate about he is like an o'l southern baptist preacher preaching fire and brimstone's with a force to be reckoned with!

Rubio though, has the same problem as Cruz and most of the others. We all know they are bought and paid for (and Rubio has made a career out of being a yes man). He has no actual positions other than the ones his financiers have. Hence, the additional appeal of Trump.

Early in the race, I was pretty much sure we'd see Jeb as the GOP candidate, with Rubio as his VP pick, but Jeb's had a snoozer of a campaign. I really have no idea where the GOP is going to go with this come convention time. It's very puzzling.

But, what isn't, is that it won't really matter a whole hell of a lot.

The media long ago pretty much made up its mind to back Hillary, and all of America (as a whole) seems to be falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.....

Latest posts

Back