Covid inconveniences

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much has your daily life changed? (0 = Not at all) (9 = Destroyed my life)

Votes: 6 11.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 12 23.5%

Votes: 7 13.7%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
nobody but NOBODY has the right to tell anyone else how to live their life.
the vaccine is not mandatory and until it is I and others like me will make our own decisions based on evidence available.

I am against COMPULSORY vaccination that breaks far to many basic human rights, It must remain PERSONAL choice with PERSONAL responsibility. Everyone must be able to choose for themselves and live or die with the consequences of their choices. I back you 100% in your right to not be vaccinated, and I respect the rights of everyone else to make their own choices. But if the MAJORITY decide your RIGHTs endanger THEM then they have the RIGHT to isolate you from them. Fair down the line.

"experts" yeah right!

Yes the same exoperts employed by Pfizer Astra Zeneca, Johnson and Johnson etc who you agreed with further up the page the SAME experts advising the government. Paul just do your own f***ing thing I dont care less.

the majority dont make the rules and until the rules are changed I will go the hell where I like and answer to nobody.

Who said you couldnt? No one is stopping you from doing anything or answering to anyone, But they can refuse to serve or sell to you or treat you as it is THEIR rights which are the same as yours.

Who said you couldnt? No one is stopping you from doing anything or answering to anyone, But they can refuse to serve or sell to you or treat you as it is THEIR rights which are the same as yours.
yes maybe, but I somehow doubt it when it could affect their profit margins.
I think the only thing that will really be affected is foreign travel.

you really have changed your tune, I would have thought you were the last person to take what govt said as gospel.
Have you not read ANYTHING I posted today, I doubt it. I explained very cleasrly my decisions are based upon what my wife and her colleagues ALL medical professionals tell me, NOT the Government.

POST 132
The ONLY people who have influenced my decision making in reference to this Pandemic is my WIFE, Nurse Practitioner, Her colleagues both nurses and doctors, A Virologist who is a dear friend and NHS guidance by both the Doctors and Nurses professional bodies, None of whom I believe are trying to brainwash anyone. It was THEIR advice that made me react and massively upsacale my preps BEFORE the Virus reached the UK, whilst the governments globally played it down.

the NHS is funded by govt and is a part at least of the state apparatus.

Paul ENOUGH you are totally irrational, You cannot accept any view other than your own, which is fine. Believe what you want to believe.

Paul ENOUGH you are totally irrational, You cannot accept any view other than your own, which is fine. Believe what you want to believe.
Look who's calling the kettle black!!HA!HA!HA!HA!
wife says I should walk around with a bell shouting "unclean, unclean" then people can keep the hell away from me, that would suit me!!! .LOL.

I get very tired of these sorts of discussions, not because someone thinks I'm losing the argument its because it has nothing to do with prepping, I joined prepping forums to discuss prepping not to talk about politics or whether someone should be forced to take a vaccine against their will just because the masses have lined up to have it.
when will we get back to prepping on this forum? soon I hope before I lose the will to live through boredom.

I'm not anti-vaccination and I don't underestimate Corona, there is Corona and there are people who really have problems when they get it. But I see the problem that Corona is fueled by the governments and media with too much panic, you make people afraid and currently more collateral damage with lockdowns and the like are promoted, you destroy thousands of jobs and create a generation of young people who are currently depressed in schools and that is also not good.
I would understand this panic better if everywhere in the world an Ebola variant would break out that is extremely deadly, but Corona is not (yet).
The other problem I see is that governments do NOT respond to the people and do not answer questions and just turn on the police when criticized.

Even if I do not see it that I must vaccinate me against a disease for people in my age against 0.03% deadly runs will eich probably not come around in the long run. I know that the risk exists that I of course survive Corona but can infect others who may die that is bad, if I want to avoid that I have to get vaccinated, I have this insight, but in that case I decide with what kind of vaccine. If it comes so far I would probably prefer a death vaccine as he is from the company Valneva at the time in the test. Of course, it has its risks, but I am very skeptical about genetic vaccines. At the moment, however, I wait there times, there are too few vaccines here and it is still unclear, in half a year, many things will look different or Europe no longer exists until then.

Agree you don't have the right to tell anyone how to live, but it's hard not to argue with you when you complain about anti vaxxers not thinking about anyone but themselves.
For the record, in the US, not every state is closed down with their schools. Our schools are open. Masks are mandatory. Churches are open. There are weddings and funerals. Our sports and band programs are open. All our stores, shops, hairdressers are open. So is our mall and our movie theatre. We are a conservative state. People here can get the vax, homeschool, stay inside, order grocery delivery or whatever they want. Blue states have no choice.
If you want the shots get them. If you want to just stay in your apartment, then do it. But from what I hear going on in Europe and England, you don't really have many choices. I'm sorry for that.

To determine if your position is fair (equal rights position) turn the tables. Example: What if the majority decided you were not allowed to get the vaccine? Would that be fair? The same applies to people that demand others get the vaccine. Should someone who got the vaccine be treated as a carrier of potential diseases or fear of becoming future zombies (movie B.S.) and be isolated or moved into special camps? All things take on a different perspective, once the shoe (topic) is on the other foot. Equal rights is exactly that, your choice is yours and my choice is mine and we both take our chances, based on our choices. No majority enforced rules for the ---SAFETY OF THE COMMUNITY---! If a person wants to be safe, they can always suit up in a biohazard suit, when they go out, their choice and that choice would not affect anybody else's freedoms. Wear the mask or not. Get the jab or not. But don't demand others believe as you do or should be punished / shunned because they don't follow your beliefs. When the majority get to decide what people get to do or must do, that is called MOB rule. Taking what every precautions you feel is prudent, is your right and obligation but that does not mean you have the right to demand other follow you.

To determine if your position is fair (equal rights position) turn the tables. Example: What if the majority decided you were not allowed to get the vaccine? Would that be fair? The same applies to people that demand others get the vaccine. Should someone who got the vaccine be treated as a carrier of potential diseases or fear of becoming future zombies (movie B.S.) and be isolated or moved into special camps? All things take on a different perspective, once the shoe (topic) is on the other foot. Equal rights is exactly that, your choice is yours and my choice is mine and we both take our chances, based on our choices. No majority enforced rules for the ---SAFETY OF THE COMMUNITY---! If a person wants to be safe, they can always suit up in a biohazard suit, when they go out, their choice and that choice would not affect anybody else's freedoms. Wear the mask or not. Get the jab or not. But don't demand others believe as you do or should be punished / shunned because they don't follow your beliefs. When the majority get to decide what people get to do or must do, that is called MOB rule. Taking what every precautions you feel is prudent, is your right and obligation but that does not mean you have the right to demand other follow you.

Ah so the Majority saying former felons should not be allowed guns is wrong, or Alcoholics and addicts should not be allowed to drive is wrong, If a guy with HIV wants to have unprotected sex with other people it would be wrong to stop him. If a child with with TB wants to go to school its wrong for society to stop him.

When the Majority get to decide its called DEMOCRACY not mob rule.

People should not be punished because of their beliefs you say , 15 million south Americans think its THEIR rights and belief that they should be allowed into the US, so you are saying let em in because its not going to directly harm you. its their minority rights.

A guy at the range wants to fire full auto whilst no one else has their ear protectors on, hey thats his right you can always move away.

If I want to build a bonfire on MY land right next to your barn, then it would be wrong for you to object because it would infringe on my minority rights

I can fire my gun into the air at 3am if i want, it doesnt matter if I wake the street up or stampede someones cattle, its my minority right

Your point is that if you have corona or TB, or Ebola, or Yellow fever or what ever it is your right to move freely in society and everyone else should respect that, even if you infect and kill others after all its only a low percentage lethal.

Interesting view point thanks.

Bill, lol, you might want to do some research. Typhoid Mary wondering around with a corona virus? A corona virus? People living without getting a corona virus vaccine or without wearing a mask is not a danger to you or anyone else on the planet. You can only protect yourself by protecting yourself. With your reasoning, everyone should have to walk around in a bubble, because they may have a virus that your body has no immunities for.
The key is for you to have immunities to the viruses. Not to assume everyone else is carrying around deadly viruses and they should be subjected to controls in order to protect you, because you don't protect yourself and build immunities to viruses.

You can't hide from a corona virus that's made to infect humans. The only protection is to build immunities against it by what even means you choose, whether its by strenthening your immune system, prophylactic treatments or vaccines.

Masks, social distancing, others being vaccinated or not having antibodies do nothing to help you against covid19.

Are you saying the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine, the Yellow fever vaccine, the TB vaccine, the Ebola vaccine does not work or only the Corona virus vaccine . YOU GET THE IMMUNITY FROM THE VACCINE,

the only person that can protect you is you, it dosent matter if that is for TEOTWAWKI or if its for the pandemic.
I have said before, many years ago, that if a pandemic ever came here I would go into personal quarantine until it has run its course, and that is what I have done, long before the words "lock down" were ever uttered, I took personal control of my and my wife's survival, no one else, ME.

the only person that can protect you is you, it dosent matter if that is for TEOTWAWKI or if its for the pandemic.
I have said before, many years ago, that if a pandemic ever came here I would go into personal quarantine until it has run its course, and that is what I have done, long before the words "lock down" were ever uttered, I took personal control of my and my wife's survival, no one else, ME.

FFS and you protect yourself either WITH the vaccine, or getting infected and building immunity and possibly dying or becoming very hill. you made your choice yopu live with it.

Are you saying the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine, the Yellow fever vaccine, the TB vaccine, the Ebola vaccine does not work or only the Corona virus vaccine . YOU GET THE IMMUNITY FROM THE VACCINE,
there were safety concerns about the MMR jab, there are also safety concerns about the Covid jab. no conspiracy, just concerns.

Latest posts

Back