Covid inconveniences

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much has your daily life changed? (0 = Not at all) (9 = Destroyed my life)

Votes: 6 11.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 12 23.5%

Votes: 7 13.7%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My Sis who had Covid, hair is now falling out. Her hair has always been on the thin side and now according to her is horrible. I have not seen it yet. Only know that my mom was the one who cut it short for her yesterday and she is wanting to dye it Blue, She is braver than I would be for sure. I told her I would be willing to donate some hair but it would grow out completely silver. I am known for my hair around here. . . with the style I wear and long brownish with highlights. Yet for my Sis, I am willing to go visit a wig shop. She can look for a wig and I will look for an add in. Think it would make a great mother daughter day of shopping and lunch.

Our whole world has been turned upside down. My job is almost nonexistent and so is my husband's.

I refuse to wear a mask...I do have a medical reason for not wearing one but the BIG REASON is if you look it up historically in some cultures masks are required because it takes away your internal ability to be an individual and excerpt your freedom. I will fight for my freedom to the death. This mask mandate has absolutely nothing to do with safety...it is politically based to see how much of our freedoms we are willing to relinquish. This is only the beginning of stripping freedom and if you believe anything else you are researching in the wrong arenas...even the freedom of free speech is being thwarted by big media. Wear a mask, wear three layers of masks if it makes you feel better but do not judge me for for not wearing one because I know historically where this is going. Know your history people! You are being lied to and played!
Ginger i totally agree with you, I also suffer from a medical condition that prevents me from wearing a mask!! Wish people would tend to their OWN business and keep their nose out of mine!!!!

I also suffer from a medical condition that prevents me from wearing a mask!! Wish people would tend to their OWN business and keep their nose out of mine!!!!
Thankfully most stores will accommodate you by shopping on your behalf, curbside pickup, delivery, etc. You just can’t disregard the businesses rules and enter without a mask. Nor should you be able to.

The only big change so far was my husband being laid off last March. The roller coaster of filing, waiting, the the extensions and going without for a total of 3 months throughout the 10 months of unemployment was not fun. Thankfully husband started a different job in January. Even though we would have been bringing in more if we had stayed on umemployment, my husband was not happy making something for nothing and I was not happy with the insecurity of knowing if there was an income or not.

Our state, Oklahoma, was pretty laid back with the lockdowns and mandates. Masks were encouraged but not really enforced. There were more small business closures than I would have liked to have seen, but for the most part our state is doing okay. To date I've worn a mask exactly once, to go with husband to urgent care. Felt like a fool the entire time, a cloth mask does zilch against a virus, sorry folks. The taking away of freedoms we are seeing slowly play out concerns me very, very much.

Texas lifts 8 month long mask mandates.
Given how few people in Texas are vaccinated, this seems like an absurd political move. What is the downside to requiring masks until a majority of people are vaccinated? Wearing a mask costs people nothing. Nothing. There is no downside to requiring masks in indoor public places. I’m interested to see how this plays out over the next few months.

But what is the upside to not wearing a surgical mask that doesn't do anything to prevent catching covid until a majority of people are vaccinated with a vaccine that wasn't really tested, may require a booster (a third shot), and will still require you to wear a surgical mask that doesn't do anything to prevent catching covid, and will still require you to not visit your grandma and stay six feet away?

But what is the upside to not wearing a surgical mask that doesn't do anything to prevent catching covid until a majority of people are vaccinated with a vaccine that wasn't really tested, may require a booster (a third shot), and will still require you to wear a surgical mask that doesn't do anything to prevent catching covid, and will still require you to not visit your grandma and stay six feet away?
It's all about control. . . and how far it can be pushed. A test run. . just scary how many willingly comply even after the truth of the virus has come out.

Masks are not a perfect preventative measure but they do slow the spread. That is not debatable. If you’re not willing to deal with the insignificant inconvenience of wearing a mask to help slow the spread I don’t know what to tell you. This has nothing to do with perceived freedoms.

My Sis who had Covid, hair is now falling out. Her hair has always been on the thin side and now according to her is horrible. I have not seen it yet. Only know that my mom was the one who cut it short for her yesterday and she is wanting to dye it Blue, She is braver than I would be for sure. I told her I would be willing to donate some hair but it would grow out completely silver. I am known for my hair around here. . . with the style I wear and long brownish with highlights. Yet for my Sis, I am willing to go visit a wig shop. She can look for a wig and I will look for an add in. Think it would make a great mother daughter day of shopping and lunch.

My grandson's wife got sick after a vaccination and all her hair fell out. The good news is it all grew back so just maybe the hair will grow back when this is all over.

That's only if you have the virus or are acceptable in getting the virus. I know how to protect myself from the virus, even if I'm exposed. No need for those with this knowledge to wear a mask.
Therefore its an unnecessary inconvenience for me.
Please, share your incredible knowledge with rest of us. I’ll be waiting with bated breath.

Latest posts

Back