COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-county-containing-coronavirus-skip-testing-patients
LA County shifts from containing coronavirus, advises doctors to skip testing of some patients: report
The department “is shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality,” according to the letter, the Times reported. Doctors should test symptomatic patients only when “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

The story of Natasha Ott, a 39 year old woman in good health.
7cCFNb0.jpg

When Natasha first began to feel sick, Anderson said her work sent her home "but didn't test her" because "she was told she was low-risk".

Anderson said his partner tried to get a flu test but was told it would be a week before she could see her PCP.

She opted to take the test from her work but was shocked to find they only had five coronavirus tests at her clinic.

"I declined to take one so someone else could," she told Anderson.

"On Friday March 13th she wrote: 'Hey, they don't think I need to get tested unless I develop a fever. All looks well.'

"On Sunday March 15th she wrote: 'Hey, I'm not feeling so hot still. I may be testing at work tomorrow. I'm probably fine. I just tried to drink some medicinal whiskey and feel unwell. I'm ok. I love you.'

"On Monday March 16th I asked her if I could bring her some Pho, and she wrote: 'Nothing, thank you. I'm ok. I don't have an appetite.'

"She did get tested for Coronavirus that day, and was told it would take up to five days to see results.

"On Tuesday March 17th I asked 'How you feelin?' and she replied: 'Ok :)'

On Wednesday March 18th she wrote: 'I don't want to be sick anymore' and 'I just don't understand why I don't feel much better yet.''

On Thursday, the couple walked Natasha's dog Zola and Anderson recalled she complained that she felt like 'something' was in her lungs.

On the Friday, Anderson said he hadn't heard anything and went to her house around 8 that morning.

"No one answered the door," he recalled.

"I walked to the back of the house and noticed the rear door that opened into her fenced yard was open.

"I went in the back, and found her dead in her kitchen.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/572255/39-year-old-new-orleans-woman-dies-coronavirus/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nih...irus-cases-confirmed-us-end/story?id=69717284
NIH director: Up to 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week
This was written on 3/20/2020 and it says we are going to experience an increase in confirmed cases due to more testing. I am only hearing more and more stories about lack of testing supplies. California governor, last night, said that they were going to only start testing selected cases where it was strongly suspected. I wonder why we keep getting different stories from CDC and state governments?

Nothing less than encouraging as well as heartwarming the way so many American companies are stepping up to the challenges we have! God Bless them all!

“We have so many companies making so many products,” Trump said. “We have the act to use in case we need it, but we have so many things being made right now by so many — they’ve just stepped up.”

Mr. Trump said that Hanes is converting manufacturing capabilities to produce protective masks. Distilleries are switching from making alcoholic drinks like whiskey to making sanitizers and disinfectants. Automakers, including General Motors, are retrofitting plants to make ventilators.

All are answering the call of duty amid a pandemic that has so far claimed more than 11,000 lives and sickened 260,000 people globally.

Redirecting plants to make completely different products take a huge effort — but companies are moving much faster than was previously thought possible..

At a news conference earlier this week, Trump singled out GM — which in 1952 designed and built what the company says was the first mechanical pump used in heart surgery — as one of many businesses that have asked to start making medical gear.

“We are literally being besieged in a beautiful way by companies that wanted to do the work,” he said. “They want to help our country.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-york-surgeon-warns-coronavirus-015200406.html
A top New York surgeon warns that the coronavirus has 'breached' hospital walls and infections could peak in 22 to 32 days
  • A top New York City surgeon has issued two ominous memos, warning that the healthcare system could soon be overwhelmed and that healthcare workers are at risk.

• In a memo made public by Columbia University's Department of Surgery, the chair, Dr. Craig Smith, warned that "the virus has breached our Department walls" and colleagues are becoming infected.

• He also warns that coronavirus cases could keep climbing, reaching their peak in 22 to 32 days.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-york-surgeon-warns-coronavirus-015200406.html
A top New York surgeon warns that the coronavirus has 'breached' hospital walls and infections could peak in 22 to 32 days
  • A top New York City surgeon has issued two ominous memos, warning that the healthcare system could soon be overwhelmed and that healthcare workers are at risk.

• In a memo made public by Columbia University's Department of Surgery, the chair, Dr. Craig Smith, warned that "the virus has breached our Department walls" and colleagues are becoming infected.

• He also warns that coronavirus cases could keep climbing, reaching their peak in 22 to 32 days.

That's about when the hospitals are over run, the peak wont happen until later.

https://www.axios.com/rand-paul-coronavirus-847b3df1-92bc-4ee6-833b-952d16f3ee3f.html
Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus
Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.
I really liked a speech he gave railing at both Republicans and Democrats for not being able to balance the budget of control spending at all. Wish him well.

Latest posts

Back