COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we are all putting in our two cents....
I haven’t worn a mask ever, except for when they made me wear it in the ER waiting room, and then again in the ER for our son. I went through a serious bacterial infection that left me septic last month. Every nurse who I asked the question, “What do you think about all this Covid hospital protocol?” said that masking was ridiculous. Every single one. Some mentioned how it’s increased nurse burnout. All of them talked about ways to make the mask more “breathable.” Not a single one of them thought it was adding any protection. My infectious disease doctor told me my chances of dying from numerous other things was incredibly higher than Covid. She told me to continue living my life and even hugging people! She wore a face shield and that was it. My surgeon and Internal Medicine doctor have both told me they have little worry over Covid. These are professionals who knew nothing of my opinion on the matter. Ironically, the hospital scene was much more relaxed than it is out in society.
There are so many unanswered questions regarding this virus. We know people in South Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, Haiti - none of them wearing masks or hand sanitizing. They literally live in top of each other. Not afraid of Covid or even sick with Covid!
The latest mask survey in Colorado showed that our people are up to 97% masking here. People are following all the crazy temperature taking and check stations before they go into businesses, schools, churches.....Yet they still claim our numbers are on the rise. Our Governor says we all need to do our part, but is he seriously blaming a mere 3% if people who don’t mask for all these increases? Or is it because the protocol in place simply doesn’t work, hasn’t ever worked, and this is being used to push the people in a direction to willingly give away freedoms? I don’t think it’s irresponsible for people to question these things. I think it’s irresponsible not to think for yourself more on the matter.
Even though I’m of a different opinion about masks and covid in general, I respect the way you presented your thoughts and observations. Everyone has a different perspective on issues and you were very civil, articulate and talked about your experiences with it in a really good way. I agree with you about masks partially. I don’t think a bandanna is doing much at all, or any regular cloth mask. Viruses are really, really small and the spaces in a woven mask are like the Lincoln tunnel for them. I do believe they help some, espechially with coughing and sneezing, but if it’s not an N95 or comparable mask it isn’t highly effective. As far as covid itself goes, yes it does kill people but mostly just the sick, old or compromised people. If I was 30 and healthy I likely wouldn’t worry much about it. With having heart issues and a wife that has a lot of health issues I do what I can to minimize the risks for us. With my wife, we visit doctors fairly often and every one of them stress the importance of being careful with covid. That could be due to our personal circumstances, but I get the feeling they are taking it seriously too.
all I am sure of is if wearing masks can help prevent another lock down then it’s well worth it. Lockdowns are way over the top or overreacting. Personally I’m not really worried about covid. I do what I can to try and keep from getting it but there is only so much we can control in life. Worrying about things will likely kill you faster than the things we worry about. I am near burnout on this thing just like everyone else and can’t wait to be able to eat in restaurants and travel again. Am hopeful the vaccine will actually be available shortly after the first of the year and it gets the numbers down so the world can get back to a sense of normalcy again.

Gov. Jay Inslee will announce sweeping new restrictions Sunday to curb surging COVID-19 cases, including a ban on indoor social gatherings and indoor service at restaurants and bars, and sharp occupancy limits for retailers, according to industry officials briefed by the governor’s staff.

“The governor’s office is looking at some possible restrictions so we can get the COVID cases down again,” Tammie Hetrick, President & CEO of Washington Food Industry Association told The Seattle Times on Saturday afternoon. Hetrick said that earlier Saturday, the governor’s staff had provided the association with preliminary outlines of the restrictions, which were to be announced Sunday morning.

Inslee is set to announce his plans in a Sunday morning news conference, wrote spokesperson Mike Faulk in an email, “and he’ll detail what he has planned at that time.”

In an email, Inslee spokesperson Tara Lee did not dispute the details circulated by industry associations about the four-week order effective Monday with restrictions on grocers, retailers and restaurants, as well as indoor social gatherings.

But that information does not give a full picture of the governor’s expected announcement, according to Lee.

“We are not disputing the details and will provide more information on Sunday,” she wrote.

In an email to WFIA members and obtained by The Seattle Times, Hetrick said the governor’s staff had indicated Inslee was considering four main steps.

These included a prohibition on all indoor social gatherings and a ban on all indoor service at bars and restaurants. Outdoor service would be restricted to five people, but takeout service will be allowed to continue. Under current restrictions, bars and restaurants can operate at 50% of capacity.

The new restrictions would also limit retailers, including grocery and convenience stores, to 25% of occupancy, would ban any indoor seating and require that delis and salad bar products be sold to go, Hetrick’s email indicated.

Hetrick’s email also said that Inslee “will also be updating guidance on mask restrictions, which will clearly indicate that stores and other customer-facing businesses will have a choice to restrict all non-mask wearers in the store and provide other options for providing food and other essential products.”

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020...rictions-for-washington-industry-sources-say/

Gov. Jay Inslee will announce sweeping new restrictions Sunday to curb surging COVID-19 cases, including a ban on indoor social gatherings and indoor service at restaurants and bars, and sharp occupancy limits for retailers, according to industry officials briefed by the governor’s staff.

“The governor’s office is looking at some possible restrictions so we can get the COVID cases down again,” Tammie Hetrick, President & CEO of Washington Food Industry Association told The Seattle Times on Saturday afternoon. Hetrick said that earlier Saturday, the governor’s staff had provided the association with preliminary outlines of the restrictions, which were to be announced Sunday morning.

Inslee is set to announce his plans in a Sunday morning news conference, wrote spokesperson Mike Faulk in an email, “and he’ll detail what he has planned at that time.”

In an email, Inslee spokesperson Tara Lee did not dispute the details circulated by industry associations about the four-week order effective Monday with restrictions on grocers, retailers and restaurants, as well as indoor social gatherings.

But that information does not give a full picture of the governor’s expected announcement, according to Lee.

“We are not disputing the details and will provide more information on Sunday,” she wrote.

In an email to WFIA members and obtained by The Seattle Times, Hetrick said the governor’s staff had indicated Inslee was considering four main steps.

These included a prohibition on all indoor social gatherings and a ban on all indoor service at bars and restaurants. Outdoor service would be restricted to five people, but takeout service will be allowed to continue. Under current restrictions, bars and restaurants can operate at 50% of capacity.

The new restrictions would also limit retailers, including grocery and convenience stores, to 25% of occupancy, would ban any indoor seating and require that delis and salad bar products be sold to go, Hetrick’s email indicated.

Hetrick’s email also said that Inslee “will also be updating guidance on mask restrictions, which will clearly indicate that stores and other customer-facing businesses will have a choice to restrict all non-mask wearers in the store and provide other options for providing food and other essential products.”

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020...rictions-for-washington-industry-sources-say/
I saw them tonight and thought of you. . . not looking good for your state. Kiss Thanksgiving gatherings goodbye. . . like they can really enforce that. They haven't even figured that one out.

I saw them tonight and thought of you. . . not looking good for your state. Kiss Thanksgiving gatherings goodbye. . . like they can really enforce that. They haven't even figured that one out.

Fxxk Washington State to put it bluntly, we still having Thanks Giving and Christmas dinner, we have 53 people coming for Thanks Giving. It's the biggest dinner we have had yet, Lisa has a couple of families that fell on hard times coming over from Church.

Fxxk Washington State to put it bluntly, we still having Thanks Giving and Christmas dinner, we have 53 people coming for Thanks Giving. It's the biggest dinner we have had yet, Lisa has a couple of families that fell on hard times coming over from Church.
Good for you Mav! We normally do too, but this year is going to be different. . . I will have to make a sweet potatoe casserole, which he calls a dessert for my friend neighbor that we normally have over. Thanksgiving at mom's who has health risk along with her husband so only family which is still a crazy number with both her side along with her husbands side.

All free people should ignore his orders and open there businesses and continue on with there lives. Rebel against these Tyrants.

I understand everyone feeling like their rights are being taken away here. I also understand that we are in the middle of a real health hazard too. Right now there is a huge number of hospitals that are maxed out. If someone needs a bed and can’t get it because they are full, maybe then they would rethink having large gatherings right now. I know that the vast majority of people that get this bug breeze through it, but not all do. The main number I look at past all the media hype is how full the hospitals are right now, and it’s not looking good in vast parts of the country. Everyone is burned out from the pandemic, I do understand. I want a vacation so bad right now I can hardly stand it too. All I can suggest is for people to be patient. Especially in the areas that are near or over capacity in hospitals. There will be a vaccine available soon, for those smart enough to take it, and hopefully we can all put this lousy year behind us and get back to a semblance of normalcy.

I understand everyone feeling like their rights are being taken away here. I also understand that we are in the middle of a real health hazard too. Right now there is a huge number of hospitals that are maxed out. If someone needs a bed and can’t get it because they are full, maybe then they would rethink having large gatherings right now. I know that the vast majority of people that get this bug breeze through it, but not all do. The main number I look at past all the media hype is how full the hospitals are right now, and it’s not looking good in vast parts of the country. Everyone is burned out from the pandemic, I do understand. I want a vacation so bad right now I can hardly stand it too. All I can suggest is for people to be patient. Especially in the areas that are near or over capacity in hospitals. There will be a vaccine available soon, for those smart enough to take it, and hopefully we can all put this lousy year behind us and get back to a semblance of normalcy.

Our government has told us for months how dangerous it was, even when hardly anyone was in the hospital. They’ve forced mandates and restrictions upon people, even as the numbers across the United States plummeted this summer. We were told, “Masks are making the difference” even as we now see a significant rise in case count.
It’s not that people “feel” like their rights are being taken away. They actually ARE being taken away, in the name of science and safety even as facts show otherwise.
Secondly, Fauci has told us that even with a vaccine we will still be masking and social distancing for quite some time. Don’t fool yourself. The power that has been exerted over people in the name of Covid will not be given up anytime soon. It’s too efficient in the way it controls people and steers them in directions to willingly throw away freedoms.

15 days to slow the spread. Remember that?

Our government has told us for months how dangerous it was, even when hardly anyone was in the hospital. They’ve forced mandates and restrictions upon people, even as the numbers across the United States plummeted this summer. We were told, “Masks are making the difference” even as we now see a significant rise in case count.
It’s not that people “feel” like their rights are being taken away. They actually ARE being taken away, in the name of science and safety even as facts show otherwise.
Secondly, Fauci has told us that even with a vaccine we will still be masking and social distancing for quite some time. Don’t fool yourself. The power that has been exerted over people in the name of Covid will not be given up anytime soon. It’s too efficient in the way it controls people and steers them in directions to willingly throw away freedoms.

15 days to slow the spread. Remember that?
The fact is masks work, just not a single cloth layer one. Real, medical grade n95 masks do slow the transmission. As far as cases rising, a good part of that is because nearly 50% of the country dosent care or take this virus seriously. In all reality, it isn’t bad for young healthy people but it goes to show how little they care for the older and sicker ones. I don’t care about all the hype and political posturing over this thing, but like I said above, there are 90,000 people in the hospitals right now with this virus. They are running out of space to treat people. Even with the majority of those hospitalized right now likely to recover it dosent help the people that need treatment for other issues at are delayed due to lack of availability.
Imposing restrictions until the number of hospitalizations goes down just makes sense. None of the other metrics used even matter. If 20 million people are positive but have none or mild symptoms it isn’t important, but lack of hospital beds is a real indicator with consequences.

there are 90,000 people in the hospitals right now with this virus. They are running out of space to treat people. Even with the majority of those hospitalized right now likely to recover it doesn't help the people that need treatment for other issues at are delayed due to lack of availability.

You are absolutely right Brent. Perfect example Monday 2 weeks ago as most of you know I fell and broke my foot. By 10:00 my husband had me in the waiting room of the hospital about half an hour from me in a smaller rural town. Emergency room was packed wall to wall. I sat there for 8 hours with no food or water, no ice and no medical care and a broken bone. After 8 hours my husband left and went down to the local pharmacy and came back with his BOB full of cold water bottles, granola bars and a couple portable ice packs which he placed on my foot. He then commenced to disinfect each bottle with a wipe and discreetly pass out to the children and elderly. It took me almost 13 hours sitting in a waiting room for the majority of that to receive treatment. Many people just walked out. Small rural hospitals struggle. They are understaffed due to medical staff out with Covid or in quarantine. This at a time when the hospital in the next county over has closed down and they are pulling patients from 2 different counties. They are full. So are the personal physician offices and so are the urgent care clinics.

There will be a vaccine available soon, for those smart enough to take it,

ROTFLMAO! Oh, can't breath. Stop it!

The fact is masks work, just not a single cloth layer one. Real, medical grade n95 masks do slow the transmission.

I just fell down. Convulsing in laughter. Turning red. Gasping for air. Breath... breath...

Wow. I wonder what the average IQ is for people who believe both of these fictions now?

I just read an article about the 1918 flu and the holidays. People then, just like now, were tired of very similar restrictions we are seeing now. Schools, churches, restaurants and entertainment venues were all shuttered. Masks were mandatory in many places too. Most rebelled over the thanksgiving and then Christmas holidays and after each there was a huge increase in deaths, making the winter the deadliest part of the pandemic. Unfortunately people don’t learn from history and the posts here and on the news are showing we are doing the exact same behaviors as before. All I can say is good luck to all who disregard what should be common sense.

ROTFLMAO! Oh, can't breath. Stop it!

I just fell down. Convulsing in laughter. Turning red. Gasping for air. Breath... breath...

Wow. I wonder what the average IQ is for people who believe both of these fictions now?
That sounds like a defiant 5th grader on a playground.

Latest posts

Back