COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lib logic at it's finest. Everyone needs to wear a mask. But people might think black people who are wearing a mask look suspicious, even though EVERYONE is wearing a mask. So black people don't need to wear a mask so that they can fit in more inconspicuously with the people who aren't black and ARE wearing masks.

My head hurts. :confused:

COVID-19 antibodies fade quickly after infection, prompting questions about long-term immunity, study finds

The jury is still out on that. The cases I've seen where people got sick a second time over a month after having it the first time, they didn't get very sick or were asymptomatic. And if they are asymptomatic, then the test may be picking up remnants of the virus, not an active virus. If they get sick a second time, but not as bad, this means that their immune system was working better the second go round. I take that to mean that the antibodies may have been weak enough to not prevent an infection, but strong enough to prevent a serious infection. The immune system is a very complicated thing and not entirely understood.

Early reports of reinfection were mostly people who falsely tested negative and released from the hospital but were never really recovered. This is a common pattern with COVID-19 - you get sick for a week, seemingly get well, then suddenly get sick again when it gets to your lungs.

Doc or Rellgar may have already posted about this and I missed?

https://patriotdailypress.com/2020/...estions-about-long-term-immunity-study-finds/
COVID-19 antibodies fade quickly after infection, prompting questions about long-term immunity, study finds

This is true, the reason is this virus is man made with a gain of function similar to the HIV virus. Any anti viral treatment will have to be given often to immune ones self from it, similar to the HIV drugs. Covid19 is a blood disorder virus. Its displaces the oxygen from the blood and releases toxins from the blood into the body before its filtered through the kidney's. This is why it can effect and damages all organs of the body. If the disease caused by the virus progresses long enough, it can leave permanent damage to those organs.

You dont want this virus to progress long enough to do damage. You want to knock it out as soon as you can. CDS delivers oxygen directly into your bloodstream, oxidizing and destroying the virus, as well as reintroducing oxygen into the blood.

For a virus to be the most "successful" it needs to keep the host alive! It is not in a virus's best interest to kill its host, or it loses its ability to spread. When a zoonotic virus jumps species, it may inadvertently kill a number of the new hosts before it has time to adapt to the new species. Those hosts that survive spread more viruses than those that die. All other things being equal, a strain that kills fewer hosts will be more successful than a strain that kills more hosts.

Think about how successful the rhinovirus that causes the common cold is. It rarely kills the host, only slightly incapacitates the host (people often keep going to work and to school when they have a cold), and has infected an enormously high percentage of the population at one time or another.
This is a good point. Hopefully in the next few months the virus will weaken to the point where we don't really have to worry about it any more.
It reminds of the big ebola outbreak a few years ago. The case fatality rate of that strain was much less than previous strains (and it took longer to kill), which is what allowed it to spread so far. Unfortunately, less deadly for ebola still was almost 50% death rate in some areas.

tKHyz9R.png

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-s...-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514
Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of what is being described as a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

WzMzrfS.gif

Arizona isn't getting talked about as much as some other states but I saw a report that their ICUs statewide are nearly at capacity.

The virus data is so stressful for me. Our city website data says we have 16k cases and 137 deaths. But then it says out of 8600 hospitalizations, 90% are not hospitalized.

Arizona isn't getting talked about as much as some other states but I saw a report that their ICUs statewide are nearly at capacity.

Arizona has an awful lot of seniors. They are going to get hit harder when infected. We have about as many "Snow Birds" -- winter residents as year long residents.

Latest posts

Back