COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1KMBzik.png

Texas has been having record hospitalizations for the past few days. Hospitalizations often result in deaths within a week or so; I won't be surprised if those numbers rise pretty soon.

When I was in the Emergency Room a couple days ago they were stacking gurneys in the halls. Have no idea what for as I had problems of my own to contend with but Jeez I laid there and watched ambulance after ambulance unload. I was glad that everyone was hyper vigilant about hand sanitizers, masks everywhere as well as social distancing in waiting rooms etc. Every patient was allowed one visitor period and that visitor had to have a pass. You immediately were given hand sanitizer at the door along with a mask that had to be worn at all times by everyone. They were cleaning constantly. I pray I come out of that without my husband or I being infected with Covid.

When I was in the Emergency Room a couple days ago they were stacking gurneys in the halls. Have no idea what for as I had problems of my own to contend with but Jeez I laid there and watched ambulance after ambulance unload. I was glad that everyone was hyper vigilant about hand sanitizers, masks everywhere as well as social distancing in waiting rooms etc. Every patient was allowed one visitor period and that visitor had to have a pass. You immediately were given hand sanitizer at the door along with a mask that had to be worn at all times by everyone. They were cleaning constantly. I pray I come out of that without my husband or I being infected with Covid.
Hunny has to go get his Covid test tomorrow for his upcoming surgery on Monday. He will pick up his paperwork and slso do his preregistration tomorrow too, but I will not go with him. We still havent been told if I will be able to be at the hospital with him or during his surgery yet. Should find out tomorrow. I am really not looking forward to being there, but I feel like my place is with my husband. If I am, I will just work on my crocheting project, like I normally do during doctor visits. This project sure has stretched out longer than normal. . . ;) Usually I can get at least a couple blankets done a year. I have been working on this one since early last year sometime, but I did set it aside to do a Christmas gift for a neighbor.

Hunny has to go get his Covid test tomorrow for his upcoming surgery on Monday. He will pick up his paperwork and slso do his preregistration tomorrow too, but I will not go with him. We still havent been told if I will be able to be at the hospital with him or during his surgery yet. Should find out tomorrow. I am really not looking forward to being there, but I feel like my place is with my husband. If I am, I will just work on my crocheting project, like I normally do during doctor visits. This project sure has stretched out longer than normal. . . ;) Usually I can get at least a couple blankets done a year. I have been working on this one since early last year sometime, but I did set it aside to do a Christmas gift for a neighbor.
Here they aren't usually letting any family stay in the waiting rooms during surgery, or maybe one person depending on circumstances. Visitation for someone in the hospital is one visitor at a time, and very strict screening protocols.

Here they aren't usually letting any family stay in the waiting rooms during surgery, or maybe one person depending on circumstances. Visitation for someone in the hospital is one visitor at a time, and very strict screening protocols.
Yeah I am thinking I need to write out questions for my hunny to ask tomorrow during his visit. He tends to forget things now days unless it is written down in black and white in front of his face. . . ;) Just need to call him and remind him to take the list out of his pocket.

I read an article that the virus is weakening. I believe it too based on what seem to be declining death rates despite rising case numbers.

I read an article that the virus is weakening. I believe it too based on what seem to be declining death rates despite rising case numbers.

For a virus to be the most "successful" it needs to keep the host alive! It is not in a virus's best interest to kill its host, or it loses its ability to spread. When a zoonotic virus jumps species, it may inadvertently kill a number of the new hosts before it has time to adapt to the new species. Those hosts that survive spread more viruses than those that die. All other things being equal, a strain that kills fewer hosts will be more successful than a strain that kills more hosts.

Think about how successful the rhinovirus that causes the common cold is. It rarely kills the host, only slightly incapacitates the host (people often keep going to work and to school when they have a cold), and has infected an enormously high percentage of the population at one time or another.

Latest posts

Back