Covid - 19 in Finland

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet the data in Finland, Norway, Denmark... show otherwise. Flu deaths in 2018-2019 in the US were about 80,000 and this year that went down because most of those died of/or were recorded as corona instead. The way the US is reporting corona cases is similar to Belgium in that basically everyone who dies at the moment they just count as a corona death.

Finland did a random blood study of people over the whole country (so far limited to 1000 people) the results are in for the 1st 500. Only 11 showed they had caught the virus. Only 1 person showed enough antibodies to potentially fight off the virus.

Social distancing most likely works to keep the numbers down. Most countries are showing a decline in infections.
Finland deaths in March were less than in previous years.

Most countries are showing a decline in infections.
I do believe that ALL countries will have a decline in the future of "normal" flu seasons. We have all learned how important it is to wash our hands and disinfect things we are suspicious of ... Lots of people will continue to wear masks and gloves in the next decade, others will be in the projected 350 million who just do not believe or understand what has happened here in the last half year...GP

And yet the data in Finland, Norway, Denmark... show otherwise.
Hmmm....I notice you didn't include Sweden, where they didn't take it seriously at first. You could say they used the New York City model of dealing with it.
Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating destroying the economy over COVID-19, but NYC not taking is seriously is exactly why New York has a higher death rate than any country in the world, and is the only place in the US where emergency rooms were overrun so far.

Country..Deaths per Million
USA ...... 203
Sweden ... 264
Italy .... 475
New York 1,242

You have to compare data to years without a coronavirus to see if there is a bigger risk or a risk that is worth this level of shutdown.

You have to compare data to years without a coronavirus to see if there is a bigger risk or a risk that is worth this level of shutdown.
'
Which part of nobody in the world has any natural immunity to this virus do you not understand? From all accounts, if you are exposed, you get it, period.

Maybe you only have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic.

Or maybe you end up in the emergency room gasping for breath.

Or maybe the emergency room can't take you because they are already full and your organs shut down while you wait...alone, and without anyone helping you.

Dr Lorna Breen, a NYC ER Doctor, said it was like Armageddon. She said there are so many sick people everywhere, she said people were just dying in the waiting room before they get in.

Then Dr. Breen committed suicide.

Which part of nobody in the world has any natural immunity to this virus do you not understand? From all accounts, if you are exposed, you get it, period.

Why is it that when someone says something that goes against what you say you feel the need to react like this. I never said people have an immunity to it. I said the Finnish medical authority said 1 person showed antibodies that were enough to give immunity. They said it not me.

I question the data and I question what the media says. I will continue to do so. I do social distance and I don't take risks but I still don't think the total shutdown was the right answer.

and now the opening seems to be so difficult,they don't know how to,can't agree how,when,what..lack of plans,that's what it is,but the sun will rise tomorrow.

Why is it that when someone says something that goes against what you say you feel the need to react like this.
Because you still seem to think this is no worse than the flu and I'm trying to impress on you that there is no comparison to the flu. IF we can get a treatment regime widely adopted so that it actually is no worse than the flu, then I'm all for everyone getting back to normal activities, and just letting it run its course. We're not there yet.

Last edited:
My personal feeling is they now realise they massively over reacted and now see the death rate is (dare I say it) similar to regular flu. Most likely it is highly contagious and extremely unpleasant and kills off a load of already sick people. Again this is hard to verify because we have no idea how many have died or how many would have died if there was no social distancing.

Above is my original post that seems to be where you have gotten confused.

I wrote that it is my feeling that THEY (the government) now realise they over reacted and now see that the death rate is similar to regular flu. It is written as to explain their behaviour. It was in response to previous post about the Finnish government comments on the low RO rate.

There is a difference between that and saying it is my opinion.

Actually we do know, its not hard to verify. Look at the 50% increase in all deaths worldwide, so far this year. The flu isn't even close to the covid19 mortality rate.

Again. No we don't. The data is all over the place. Different people are counting different things. If you do a scientific experiment and you change more than 1 variable then it wasn't a scientific experiment.

Above is my original post that seems to be where you have gotten confused.

I wrote that it is my feeling that THEY (the government) now realise they over reacted and now see that the death rate is similar to regular flu. It is written as to explain their behaviour. It was in response to previous post about the Finnish government comments on the low RO rate.

There is a difference between that and saying it is my opinion.

Again. No we don't. The data is all over the place. Different people are counting different things. If you do a scientific experiment and you change more than 1 variable then it wasn't a scientific experiment.

I disagree, something is killing a lot of people. Over 50% more people dead than normally die in the same time period. I will assume it's from covid19. There is no other possable cause during this time. Obviously you did not comprehend my statement. How the deaths are labeled does not change this fact.

Karloshi if I misunderstood you I apologize.

Here in the state of Georgia, we took a fairly minimalist approach to the shutdown. I pretty much could still go where I wanted to go and do what I wanted to do, except of course if that involved a business that was shut down.

Outside of Albany and Atlanta, most of the state still had low levels of infection. I don't know what happened in Albany, it's not a big city, but Atlanta was to be expected. The county I live in had 330 reported cases, 7 deaths and 62 hosppitalizations. What I'm afraid of is that people will be led to believe that this is over and not be careful - I saw it the last time I went to the supermarket. A lot of people were not social distancing or wearing masks, and not respecting those that were. I had people without masks walking right up next to me to pull something off the shelf.

What we don't need is people saying "see this is no big deal" which is what it sounded like you were saying. That's dangerous thinking.

Finnish government is now stuck in Catch 22 land. They say they don't want to completely eradicate Covid-19 from Finland because if they do then they can't use the emergency powers law and if they can't use the emergency powers law then the have to open up the borders and then the virus will come back in.

Classic.

I don't know what happened in Albany, it's not a big city, but Atlanta was to be expected.
Now I know what happened in Albany, Georgia - One funeral that turned into a superspreader event. The infection rate and death rate in Albany and the surrounding counties were higher per capita than New York City. Hospitals were overrun and a six month stockpile of PPE equipment was depleted in 7 days. From just one funeral.

Intelligence has its limits, stupidity does not. Proven over and over again, but never understood or avoided. Such is life. Darwinism in action...

One super-spreader event (funeral) in Dougherty County Georgia. (rural Southwest Georgia)
Results:

County....Cases/million...Deaths/million
Dougherty 17,910 ........ 1,424
Terrell.. 23,270 ........ 2,716
Randolph. 25,020 ........ 3,109
Early.... 22,370 ........ 2,661
Mitchell. 16,000 ........ 1,451
Sumter... 13,670 ........ 1,123
Calhoun.. 18,520 .......... 792
Dooly.... 10,970 .......... 895

Deaths/million in New York: 1,388
Deaths/million in Italy: 508

360px-COVID-19_Prevalence_in_Georgia_by_county.svg.png

Finnish government is now stuck in Catch 22 land. They say they don't want to completely eradicate Covid-19 from Finland because if they do then they can't use the emergency powers law and if they can't use the emergency powers law then the have to open up the borders and then the virus will come back in.

Classic.

or they just like the power they have??
those chicks know that if things get back to "the new normal" they no longer have what it takes to get things done,our country runs on idle for the time being..

Give an idiot a fur coat and he thinks he is a movie star, give a idiot some authority and they think they are bullet proof. Beware of the druggies, they are looking for a few dollars for the next fix. Beware the politicians, they are looking for a few million dollars for the next fix. GP

or they just like the power they have??
those chicks know that if things get back to "the new normal" they no longer have what it takes to get things done,our country runs on idle for the time being..

They are of the liberal persuasion so will just spend loads of money they don't have to paper over the cracks.

Latest posts

Back