Covid 19 attacks my family

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it. I make the following statement because I think you are all terrific people, and I care about you. I'm a prepper. I recognize a crisis when I see it. Preparing for something that might happen and ignoring a disaster happening right now is like tying a boat up next to your garage in preparation for a flood while your house is burning down. Rice, beans and bullets will not help you in the intensive care unit with a ventilator tube down your throat. I recommend you get vaccinated as soon as you can. Don't let your own defiance kill you.

they are only just beginning to give under 50s the "vaccine" over here, and not that many older people have had both jabs yet, my wife wont get her second until the second week of next month.
Fair warning, the second shot isn’t for sissies! I stayed in bed all day. They say the more reaction you have the better your immune system is prepared for the real virus. So basically I ought to be virus proofed now! Rally glad I don’t have to be concerned about this crap anymore.

For all the ones that feel covid is overrated and just a way for the government to control you, take a look at how many are dying in India and Brazil right now, not to mention all over the world. India had over 2600 people die just yesterday alone.

any immunity from these so called vaccines is time limited, usually a few months then any immunity drops off fast, thats why they are now talking about a winter jab as well, if you dont get any reaction from the first two then watch out for the 3rd.
I personally see no need for me to get any jab, I live in a remote area and dont mix with other people, even my monthly trip to the supermarket I dont see many people-because of the time I go- and the ones that are there I can easily avoid.

My son-in-law was taken off the ECMO machine Saturday morning after six weeks. He has been on a ventilator now for seven weeks, about half of that with a tube down his broncheal tubes. He was kept in a drug induced coma for 31 days so that he could not move and tear out the ECMO lines and ventilator line, and to control the pain and discomfort associated with it. After the 31 days, he got a tracheatomy, which is much for comfortable for him, and the ventilator is attached to that. He has be placed in a chair the last couple weeks with slings, as his muscles are not working very well. He did stand beside his bed for the first time about a week ago. The hospital bill is creeping up on a million dollars. I recommend you get the vaccine. Best regards to you and your family, no matter what you decide.

As a guy who worked out for twenty years, he was already a prepper whether he knew it or not. To me, wearing a mask was a prep that was about as difficult as taking an aspirin. Same with getting the shot. Since I've ridden motorcycles since I was a kid, I've always worn a neck gaiter so I don't have to eat bugs while riding. Before C19, I had to take it off when I went into a store because people thought that I might be there to rob the place. Now, I plan on wearing the gaiter and observing social distancing wherever I go until the people at the stores won't let me in. It'll be a good preventative during cold and flu season.
As much as anything else, when I learned about how much it costs to be in an ICU for weeks, I wore a mask and the rest to make sure I wasn't paying off a medical bill for the rest of my life.
When this thing's over, I believe there'll be lots of crying after the hospitals start turning people over to collection agencies to recover billions of dollars in medical bills.
Best of luck to your family, and get well soon.

The hospital bill is creeping up on a million dollars.
Time to declare bankruptcy and save your family from paying a debt that the health insurance should cover forever. Take the time to get some advice on that and discuss it with the family...might work, might not...Gary

Time to declare bankruptcy and save your family from paying a debt that the health insurance should cover forever. Take the time to get some advice on that and discuss it with the family...might work, might not...Gary
How can this be? My wife lost her plan after ACA passed...the plan was discontinued. All our premiums went up, deductibles went up, out-of-pockets went up, prescription cost went up when she had to give up name brand and start taking generics...yes I wrote that right, it all happened when our health insurance was infected with hope and change. We gave up a ton for hope and change so how is it possible that hospital costs approach 1 million? I was told that hope and change would prevent people from being wiped out due to a single illness. We were told that we could keep our plan -23 times. I'm not making lite of LiveTrap's concern. I am tired of paying for the whole planet's healthcare. Greeny liberals are concerned about overpopulation, well how about we stop subsidizing Europe's prescriptions with our sky high prescription costs and let the liberal's ally's enjoy the brunt of their concerns.

Fortunately, son-in-law works for a fortune 500 company, and has very good insurance. I don't think we will be out more than 4 to 5 thousand. There may be some kind of cap on the maximum that we are not aware of, but I doubt it. This illness will certainly push up the premiums of all who use that insurance company, but they have tens of thousands of clients. It is a very large insurance company. It will take a while before we find out how badly his lungs were injured. He walked 20 feet down the hallway and back today with one of those old folks walkers that you push in front of you. He is still on the ventilator and oxygen.

Fortunately, son-in-law works for a fortune 500 company, and has very good insurance. I don't think we will be out more than 4 to 5 thousand. There may be some kind of cap on the maximum that we are not aware of, but I doubt it. This illness will certainly push up the premiums of all who use that insurance company, but they have tens of thousands of clients. It is a very large insurance company. It will take a while before we find out how badly his lungs were injured. He walked 20 feet down the hallway and back today with one of those old folks walkers that you push in front of you. He is still on the ventilator and oxygen.
I do hope his recovery is fast and complete. My wife had a liver transplant back in 98' so I know what six weeks of life at hospital is like. It's better than homeless.

Latest posts

Back