Covid 19 attacks my family

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiveTrap

Reaction score
I describe myself as a "Rush Limbaugh Conservative", so I am very conservative. My son-in-law is also very conservative and declined the vaccine. At this moment, he lies in the intensive care unit on a respirator and an ECMO machine replacing his heart and lung function. Without these machines, he would have died five days ago. He was a very robust 45 year old that has lifted weights without fail three times a week for twenty years. My daughter has it as well, and is recovering, after just a nasty cough and a fever for the last 14 days. Don't politicize this vaccine. It has nothing to do with politics. This is a disease that will kill you or maim you for life. Get the vaccine. You have no idea if you are susceptible to this disease until you have it. Then it is to late.

6 people in my wife's family have had covid for the past 9 days. All have mild symptoms, they are from 12 to 63. All have been taking CDS and have felt immediately better. Its just about run its course through everyone.

If you can get the hospital to give your son in law intreveneous CDS, he will recover.

I describe myself as a "Rush Limbaugh Conservative", so I am very conservative. My son-in-law is also very conservative and declined the vaccine. At this moment, he lies in the intensive care unit on a respirator and an ECMO machine replacing his heart and lung function. Without these machines, he would have died five days ago. He was a very robust 45 year old that has lifted weights without fail three times a week for twenty years. My daughter has it as well, and is recovering, after just a nasty cough and a fever for the last 14 days. Don't politicize this vaccine. It has nothing to do with politics. This is a disease that will kill you or maim you for life. Get the vaccine. You have no idea if you are susceptible to this disease until you have it. Then it is to late.

That is sad news. I hope your son in law recovers.
I disagree, its not solely about politics, its more about money!

really no fault on your son's part - the Covid inoculations haven't been available to his age group/occupation that long >>> been crowded at the public sites and there's the whole "day only" hours of ops ....

they really need to take some of the resources and go to a more "working person" ops - we now have two mass public sites within miles of each other - one county operating against another for political reasons

to get more convenient to the public they need to mobile set-up in the large employers and working areas like industrial park sites >> give guys 1/2 hr off for the shot ....

My best to your family.

My entire family has had Covid including my 88 year old mother. Most of us will not get the vaccine because you still have to wear the mask (see new study by Stanford ) still have to social distance, etc. So, other than injecting yourself with poisons for a virus that is 99+% survivable, what are we accomplishing?

Trust in science and not superstition. I get the second shot today. Vaccines do work. I wish the best for you and your family.

I just took the vaccine and it hasn’t changed me one bit....

giphy.gif

I don’t doubt there will be some side affects from the vaccines. Hopefully nothing too bad in the long run. Right now though I still feel it’s a small price to pay for getting back to normal, not just here but worldwide. I’ve had enough fun playing pandemic for the last year.....

My best to your family.

My entire family has had Covid including my 88 year old mother. Most of us will not get the vaccine because you still have to wear the mask (see new study by Stanford ) still have to social distance, etc. So, other than injecting yourself with poisons for a virus that is 99+% survivable, what are we accomplishing?
I’m reading now they are saying when we reach 85% herd immunity we won’t need to worry with masks and distancing.

We've done that where I live and I didn't take the vaccine. We don't have restrictions here.
I do believe they move the bar when things get back to "normal" to get people to do certain things. But of course wave the normalcy around for hope that it'll be "soon".
Just do it. Open up.

I know around here and in the Indiana communities, so many people had it last fall, it was crazy. Luckily not a huge amount of deaths. I thought about it last October when I was at a two day funeral for my cousin's wife. She had cancer and passed. We had 400 people the first evening, and 500 plus the next day funeral. We were all elbow to elbow in a roundtop for the funeral, and both times this lasted all day. And we ate meals together and shook hands. There were two Sundays that church was cancelled here early on, but after that, the elderly could decide to stay home. So I guess we all got it over with. I got it in December, and so did my husband. None of us in our community have been immunized.

I know around here and in the Indiana communities, so many people had it last fall, it was crazy. Luckily not a huge amount of deaths. I thought about it last October when I was at a two day funeral for my cousin's wife. She had cancer and passed. We had 400 people the first evening, and 500 plus the next day funeral. We were all elbow to elbow in a roundtop for the funeral, and both times this lasted all day. And we ate meals together and shook hands. There were two Sundays that church was cancelled here early on, but after that, the elderly could decide to stay home. So I guess we all got it over with. I got it in December, and so did my husband. None of us in our community have been immunized.
Most of the country was like this AH. It was mostly the large urban areas and people who can't think for themselves that went batcrap crazy over this new flu strain. The rest of us went on with our lives like normal.

@LiveTrap I am glad to hear your daughter is recovering from this nasty Covid infection. I don't understand why it seems to effect some more than others. This has touched most families in the country one way or another. My sister had it in a bad way too, having to go to the hospital and put on oxygen for weeks on end. I pray for your family, especially your daughter and your son-in-law's recovery. This virus effects some more than others . . . it seems that more younger "healthier" people are getting it now days. I still can not back a vaccine that has not been fully researched. Maybe years down the road when we can actually see the results. With that being said, if I catch it and it turns bad, that is still my decision and will have to deal with the consequences of that one way or another. . . I can only stand by my beliefs.

Latest posts

Back