Coupons

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietH3art

Reaction score
For those of you who clip coupons, if you haven't yet joined Couponmom.com, please do. Today she previews all of this Sunday's newspaper coupons available (as she does every week so you don't buy a newspaper with coupons you don't need). One of the better deals is a $2 off coupon for Alive multivitamins. Alive is more than a multivitamin, though. It has whole food supplements in it, as well. They sell at Wal-Mart for around $6. Also coupons for granola bars, Campbell and progresso soups, Fleishman's yeast, canned chicken and chili, batteries, hygiene and cleaning items.

There are 3 coupon inserts in this coming Sunday's newspaper. Once you have the coupons, go to Couponmom's Grocery Deals by State page. You can check every store near you for sales to go with the coupons. If there are online coupons available for the items on sale, she posts the link for it. Or you can scroll to the bottom of the stores list and select "Extreme Grocery Deals" or "Extreme Drugstore Deals" for all stores with any 50% or higher savings. She doesn't just list the coupon deals, tho. She lists everything that's on sale in the stores.

I have cut my grocery bills in half since finding her site. Groceries for Mr. and me for the entire month of September only cost me $85 and that includes meat! The rest of my grocery budget can now go for stockpile foods.

glad you posted that..i only stoped in long enough to say howdy..and to see whats been posted.gonna have a busy day today..mom has beauty shop app..we're gonna set off foggers in the house.gonna take doggie to vet so they can give her a flea bath.and we'll get her in the morning.and we should be back this eve..i hope thenm foggers gets rid of the fleas spiders n all..

For those of you who clip coupons, if you haven't yet joined Couponmom.com, please do. Today she previews all of this Sunday's newspaper coupons available (as she does every week so you don't buy a newspaper with coupons you don't need). One of the better deals is a $2 off coupon for Alive multivitamins. Alive is more than a multivitamin, though. It has whole food supplements in it, as well. They sell at Wal-Mart for around $6. Also coupons for granola bars, Campbell and progresso soups, Fleishman's yeast, canned chicken and chili, batteries, hygiene and cleaning items.

There are 3 coupon inserts in this coming Sunday's newspaper. Once you have the coupons, go to Couponmom's Grocery Deals by State page. You can check every store near you for sales to go with the coupons. If there are online coupons available for the items on sale, she posts the link for it. Or you can scroll to the bottom of the stores list and select "Extreme Grocery Deals" or "Extreme Drugstore Deals" for all stores with any 50% or higher savings. She doesn't just list the coupon deals, tho. She lists everything that's on sale in the stores.

I have cut my grocery bills in half since finding her site. Groceries for Mr. and me for the entire month of September only cost me $85 and that includes meat! The rest of my grocery budget can now go for stockpile foods.

Ok help me out here L Westerfield!!
I have never been a coupon-cutter but you have my attention here.....please tell me this isn't an offshoot of those crazy women with 4 grocery carts and a backpack full of coupons for stuff they will never eat/use!! Legitimate savings??? If so my prepper compadre, please educate me!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

I have never been a coupon-cutter but you have my attention here.....please tell me this isn't an offshoot of those crazy women with 4 grocery carts and a backpack full of coupons for stuff they will never eat/use!! Legitimate savings??? If so my prepper compadre, please educate me!

Blessings,
Shenandoah
Check out the site, Shenandoah. The key isn't about just using coupons; it's using coupons in conjunction with sales, knowing where the sales are. I've actually saved more money by keeping track of the sales through her site than by using coupons. I rarely find coupons for the products that I use. And, probably 75% of coupons are for non-food items. What I do find are a lot of buy 1 get 1 free sales. And, our Harris Teeter often has buy 2 get 3 free sales. I buy the majority of our food when it's on sale.
If you still have questions after you've thoroughly checked out the site, let me know.

Buy stuff only when it goes on sales and buy enough to get you through to the next sale. I bought 120 cans of veggies yesterday for $30. It was on sale and was part of a register reward bonus sale. This week, a chicken helper coupon for .50¢ off 1 came out. I ordered 20 of them for $2. When bi lo or Lowes Foods has a sale on them 10 for $10 I will use the .50¢ off coupon that will double at the register. Means I will get 20 boxes of chicken helper for $2 (the cost of the coupons) use with dehydrated chicken, canned chicken, or pop open a can of veggies and toss in. The possibilities are endless! Another freebie: Colgate tooth paste, Edge shave cream, Cooked Perfect Meatballs, Venus Razors and this week at cvs DIAPERS.

I save an average of 60% to 85%. Shopping at Both stores also nets me fuel perks. Free gas!

That is a very nice site. Thanks for posting!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

There is an addiction to saving money and stockpiling. It's an amazing exhilarating adrenaline fueled adventure. To see the register go up to $200 plus and come down to well under a $100. People behind me in line groan out loud when they see me pull out my coupons. Then I get the "holy shit!" Response when my total drops by 75% I get stopped out in the parking lot by people asking what the secret is and really, it's no secret. Coupons and sales come out together. Sometimes a better sale comes out towards the end of the coupon life but its a matter of reading the sales flyers and matching up. Don't just look at the grocery store. Look to the pharmacies. CVS is killer! I love couponing at cvs. Signed up online and they send me rewards like 20% off any item, or a $4 off $20 purchase. Then there are reward bucks that are the same as cash. You can stack and add and the savings and stockpiling are a preppers dream!

Oh hey! Dollar tree will have Bandaids on sale for a buck and there is $3/3 coupon making them free! Three free boxes of Bandaids woohoo! By tw, their coupon policy is 4 like coupons so ou could use 4 coupons and walk out with 1 boxes of 20 ct. Bandaids for free

That's why I like the couponmom site, Sbrosky - all I do is scroll down to the extreme grocery or extreme drugstore deals and I see everything that is free every week. Unfortunately, it's mostly stuff I don't use, but when it's something I will use, it's mine.

It does really bother me when I can't find razors anywhere then read on a facebook page that someone has stockpiled 5 years worth because of the coupons and sales. On the other hand, I do see people getting lots of things like that or things they won't use and then offer them for barter for other things that they need.

I saw the bandaid sale and have the coupon, but I haven't gone through even one box of bandaids in the last 2 years. I go through lots of Neosporin for my dogs, though, so maybe I'll get lucky and that will go on sale somewhere in the next couple of weeks.

Hahaha, I have two kids. Trust me! We go through Bandaids! Check your local cvs or Walgreens in the first aid aisle. They stock a simple red first aid bag that you can get free by buying three items. Inside that bag is a coupon book for more medical supplies. I got the $2 off Neosporin from those bags. When Lowes Foods did Super Doubles, the coupon doubled up to $4. I stocked up then. Do you have a Lowes Foods in your area?

To think, I've been doing it the hard way all this time. We too always combined coupons with store deals, but did so the old fashioned way, spending a lot of time Sunday morning figuring it out.

Hahaha, I have two kids. Trust me! We go through Bandaids! Check your local cvs or Walgreens in the first aid aisle. They stock a simple red first aid bag that you can get free by buying three items. Inside that bag is a coupon book for more medical supplies. I got the $2 off Neosporin from those bags. When Lowes Foods did Super Doubles, the coupon doubled up to $4. I stocked up then. Do you have a Lowes Foods in your area?
No, unfortunately, I am limited to Food Lion, Harris Teeter and Wal-Mart. I just don't like Wal-Mart so go there as rarely as possible. I love Harris Teeter's b2g3 sales and sometimes they have great deals on meats, but the majority of my shopping is done at Food Lion - I'm pretty loyal to them for the most part. I never walk out of there with less than 40% savings between sales, coupons and the loyalty card.
To think, I've been doing it the hard way all this time. We too always combined coupons with store deals, but did so the old fashioned way, spending a lot of time Sunday morning figuring it out.
Gotta love it when those extreme couponers want to help others.
I had to go to the doctor today and while her nurse was doing my vitals, we discovered a common interest in couponing - so starting next week, her, I and a couple of our other friends are going to start getting together once a week to trade off the coupons we get and don't use for the ones that we will use. And she told me about another free newspaper in our area that has coupons every Thursday! It's a military paper but if any of you live within about an hour of a military installation, you might be able to get the Windsock Newspaper.

Harris teeter is doing triple doubles this week. Sale on Betty Crocker potatoes is 10/$10. Coupon is .50¢/2 making them .25¢each
Hamburger helper is 10/$10 and .75¢/3 makes them .25¢ each.
Old El Paso retried beans after coupons .65¢ each.
Progresso soups after coupons .25¢ each.
Colgate .25¢ and crest is $1.
Suave antiperspirants for .54¢ each, professionals shampoo and conditioner for .94¢ each

To name a few

According to couponmom.com, hamburger helper, 4 different old el paso products, Kikkoman seasoning, Goody's headache shots, mentos gum and yocrunch yogurt are all free. Maybe that's just NC?

I wish we still had a HT. we have Bi lo, Kroger, and Lowes Foods that doubles. Food lion does not double.

Harris teeter is doing triple doubles this week. Sale on Betty Crocker potatoes is 10/$10. Coupon is .50¢/2 making them .25¢each
Hamburger helper is 10/$10 and .75¢/3 makes them .25¢ each.
Old El Paso retried beans after coupons .65¢ each.
Progresso soups after coupons .25¢ each.
Colgate .25¢ and crest is $1.
Suave antiperspirants for .54¢ each, professionals shampoo and conditioner for .94¢ each

To name a few
Thanks to your heads up about the triple coupons, I went to Harris Teeter this morning and paid $6.86 for approx. $57.78 worth of groceries. I'd have done even better but I didn't have some of the better coupons that were available. But I'm still real happy with what I did get. I got 2 gallon jugs of Hawaiian Punch Aloha Morning for $.25 each, 4 boxes of Hamburger Helper for $.40 each, 1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios for $.47, 2 boxes of Betty Crocker cake mix for $.13 each, 2 containers of frosting for $.38 each, 1 box of Kellogg's Poptarts for $.19, 4 cans of Progresso Vegetables soup for $.25 each, 2 boxes of 10 ct Stand and Stuff Taco shells for FREE, 2 packages of Old El Paso Cooking Sauce, FREE, 1 can Refried Beans, FREE, 1 Goody's Headache Shot, FREE and 3 boxes of Green Giant frozen vegetables for $.40 each.

They were out of a couple of the other free items on my shopping list but I was assured they restock at midnight every night and they are open 24 hours. So I'll be going back to get the rest of my stuff, probably in the middle of the night tonight when I can't sleep anyway.

Starting off slow, but did get 3 cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls for free, for our little dinner party tonight using these tips.
Can't wait to apply this to regular shopping.

It's all about baby steps Gazrok

Just remember, if something is on sale and its out ask for a rain check. The managers are pretty good about it. Rain checks don't typically expire either.

The more you shop with coupons the better you get. There are Facebook group is you can look nto in your area that coupon. Search your town and coupon in the Facebook search field. I am on one for my area, cvs, Walgreens, and Walmart. Deals and freebies get posted and broken down.

I have gotten rain checks in the past for items that I found would not be restocked before the sale ended. I will have several opportunities to go by the store before this sale ends. If they do not have it stocked on the shelves by the last day of the sale, I may ask for a rain check. Or, since I can't sleep tonight, I may just run over there at 2am and be the first to get the goodies as they are put on the shelves. I just wish I had more coupons for some of the free stuff I got earlier today. Most of the free coupons for this sale were online coupons and I can only print 2 of each. Then my printer hung up and I lost the second of a couple of them.

Latest posts

Back