Could Rail Strike Next Week Bring Economy to a Grinding Halt?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlackRock, Vanguard and State Street have over $15 trillion in combined global assets under management, an amount more than three-quarters of U.S. gross domestic product. Those assets are ultimately owned by their clients but they exercise shareholder votes without client input. You may think you're making a killing on your investments but they take away more with one hand than they give with the other. Finance, insurance, and real estate, the FIRE sector, siphons wealth and income upward to the richest 1% while impoverishing the middle class.
Not only are they too big to fail, competing businesses are really commonly owned by the same investors. They are the real central planners of the economy.
That's great. I'm glad that they're doing so well investing our money. Just an FYI, nobody is being forced to invest their own money. Don't like the way they operate, don't invest with them. It's really very simple.

Competition keeps prices low as each business tries to attract customers by underselling the competition. Competition is undermined when competing companies are controlled by the same owners. If you own both Coke and Pepsi, do you really want either of them lowering their price?

Competition keeps prices low as each business tries to attract customers by underselling the competition. Competition is undermined when competing companies are controlled by the same owners. If you own both Coke and Pepsi, do you really want either of them lowering their price?
I dont like either product so I don't care what they do.
I do agree that competition is good. I compete with other livestock producers when I sell my beef. Last year there were times when I only received 47 cents per pound for prime registered beef. That hurt, but it's the way it goes sometimes.

You do realize that "investment companies" are made up of large and small investors just like us? Anyone with a 401k or IRA are part of these investment companies. I live off the returns of my investments, so I expect them to make the most money possible.
you do realize that blackrock and vanguard are not fiduciaries and do not give any permission to Mom and Pop investor to decide what they ultimately put their money into, and that they invest in things that can and do harm Mom and Pop's bottom line?

Anyone who defends Blackrock, Vanguard or State Street is either grossly ignorant, or grossly unethical.

Oh, FYI, these are the companies that are the biggest shareholders in fertilizer companies and meat processing plants, and farm land buyouts, who are the ones suppressing the value of your beef, then engaging in manufactured demand destruction with the intent of destroying the meat industry and propping up synthetic meats

Last edited:
Anyone who defends Blackrock, Vanguard or State Street is either grossly ignorant, or grossly unethical.

Oh, FYI, these are the companies that are the biggest shareholders in fertilizer companies and meat processing plants, and farm land buyouts, who are the ones suppressing the value of your beef, then engaging in manufactured demand destruction with the intent of destroying the meat industry and propping up synthetic meats
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say going around accusing people of being ignorant and/or unethical may not be the best way of winning folks over to your point of view. If you wanna convince people BlackRock intends to destroy the meat industry you better bring receipts. Maybe find your way to the Politics, Religion, and Conspiracy Theory thread.

They aren't destroying the industry as a whole, just destroying the small players so they can monopolize it. They are also investing heavily in synthetic meat, which is another way to monopolize the meat industry.

If you don't believe me, just Google "meat processors investing in artificial meat"

That makes sense. Taking a page from the John D. Rockefeller playbook. Back in the day, Standard Oil would cut prices to hurt smaller competitors whose costs were higher, leaving them no profit and eventually driving them out of business. Then they'd raise prices when there was no more competition.

Btw BlackRock is also a top shareholder in almost every major oil company.

You can't buy as much as you otherwise could because you're getting less value from the economy than you would get in a competitive market.

Does the extra income from your investments make up for the value you're losing to higher prices? How much of that income ends up going right back to the finance, insurance, and real estate sector as interest, rent, and fees?

They aren't destroying the industry as a whole, just destroying the small players so they can monopolize it. They are also investing heavily in synthetic meat, which is another way to monopolize the meat industry.

If you don't believe me, just Google "meat processors investing in artificial meat"

The nice thing about monopolies is when all the wealth is concentrated in one company it makes the wealth easier to redistribute. Like when you put the cow in the pasture to graze, it concentrates all the nutrients from the grass for you. Then all you gotta do is kill it & grill it.

Anyone shocked?

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rt-a-rail-strike-and-another-economic-crisis/
There ya go...they saved us last minute! This was so pedictible it makes my blood boil..patting themselves on the back. Was butt-gig and the rest named (thanked) even involved?

Oh well, nobody cares anymore anyway. Til the next time.

All preplanned. They have to make the Regime look good somehow. Just like idiot biden actually having the audacity to celebrate when bad recession numbers came in and the stock market crashed as well as FedEx crashing 24%…which IS the strongest indicator of a worldwide slowdown.

Oh well, nobody cares anymore anyway. Til the next time.

The storm is already brewing. UPS drivers are threatening the biggest strike in US history. The strike could spread if other workers join the struggle to include their issues. The general strike, shutting down delivery of all goods and services, is workers' most powerful weapon.

Latest posts

Back