Copying a comment

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

jayjay

God Like
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but being a computer 'dope', how do I cut/paste a comment when I wish to include it in a conversation?? I tried to highlight, copy & paste, but it was too big. Thanks in advance to all your help.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
i always make sure i have that topic in one internet window that i want to high light n copy it..and have another internet window open at same time when it comes to where im gonna paste it to.i go to that subject that i want to copy n paste.i high light it.then right click on it,where a lil window opens up where i click on copy.then go to the other window where i right click again,then click on paste.where i give it time to show up..and if it's to long of a subject.then i copy n paste it in 2 sections.first section i'll choose a certain amount of it and post it as a reply.then the 2nd section as another reply..

i hope thats a help..

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but being a computer 'dope', how do I cut/paste a comment when I wish to include it in a conversation?? I tried to highlight, copy & paste, but it was too big. Thanks in advance to all your help.
i always make sure i have that topic in one internet window that i want to high light n copy it..and have another internet window open at same time when it comes to where im gonna paste it to.i go to that subject that i want to copy n paste.i high light it.then right click on it,where a lil window opens up where i click on copy.then go to the other window where i right click again,then click on paste.where i give it time to show up..and if it's to long of a subject.then i copy n paste it in 2 sections.first section i'll choose a certain amount of it and post it as a reply.then the 2nd section as another reply..

i hope thats a help..
Jayjay , Ive moderated and ran a few forums myself, there are plenty of tips and tricks you can do. The easiest way:

you can use the reply button to the right of the post you wish to quote, it will post the quoted comment into the lower box where you can add your reply.

You can also multi-quote. this is a tad harder as you have to open the same conversation twice, and hit reply to what you want quoted, then copy/paste them both into the one window.

Admin: Is there a multi quote feature/button here i maybe missing?

Hope this helps guy's :)

-HVP

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
yeah how when you want to post some thing from a diff site ? and post it word for word>?

Reaction score
yeah how when you want to post some thing from a diff site ? and post it word for word>?
Jim, if you copy and paste required blurb (from where ever you need) into your post, add the quotes (below) to the start and finish it will come up as a quoted post. ps: dont place gaps after the word quote. This is only so it shows in this post.

[quote ]

[/quote ]

Wow, HVP you are super awesome. you are a prepper god. When i grow up, i want to be just like you!
^ You can also get creative with them :)

-HVP

Latest posts