Cool gadget

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty cool but the low price kinda scares me, I mean it should work, but there is no way to confirm it right? There are a lot of cheap solar chargers for cellphones on Amazon and the reviews are a bit iffy.

the 1.5 watt i bought for 20 bucks and it is just a trickler. to prevent battery from dying.

I got a cheap solar charger from the mecca of rip offs...ebay. It works perfectly, right out the box onto the dash of my car, the lights started blinking. And it charged my ipad 10% in 10 mintues. My apple USB plugged right in, and it came with a set of various plugs that interchanged. Took a few weeks from china, but for 16 bucks with shipping, it was a legit item. I am going to buy the bigger one that charges a laptop. But now I can still get primitive, and have a way to charge a variety of items. Best thing I have ever got from china for an emergency that is for sure.

Yes, it works. I have one. It's a trickle charger, but only 1.5 Watts. The highest rating with a true RMS multimeter was 21.5. It will keep a battery topped off. I did have a dead battery in my van and I plugged it into the cigarette lighter and the next day I had enough to turn over the engine. So yes, they do work.

Here is one in action. I just took a reading and as you can see it's pumping out 20.6 Watts of electricity (DC). I think you may get 1 Amp on this.
Harbor Freight Solar Charger.JPG

Latest posts

Back