cooking

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
excitement on board today,I have just taken delivery of a solar cooker, this is able to bake 2 full size loaves of bread or a full dinner for 4. dimensions 16" square. The bread was ready in a couple of hours and dinner in around the same.
CookingWithSun.jpg

That is killer!
Please do send the link!
Here is the link www.builditsolar.com this site has plans for do it yourself cookers, water stils root cellers, and refer units. one of the water stills is very effective yielding round 8 pints daily. Another useful site solarcooker-at-cantinawest.com also has tried and tested recepies, happy eating.

Here is the link www.builditsolar.com this site has plans for do it yourself cookers, water stils root cellers, and refer units. one of the water stills is very effective yielding round 8 pints daily. Another useful site solarcooker-at-cantinawest.com also has tried and tested recepies, happy eating.
Thank you for the links!
I appreciate your finding this and posting it.

How the bread turn out?
The bread turned out better than expected it looked a little rough but was crusty on the outside and quite light inside, must admit though it was better than bread i tried to do in gas oven. It went down well with the chicken casserole also done in solar oven everything was well cooked and very tender.

The bread turned out better than expected it looked a little rough but was crusty on the outside and quite light inside, must admit though it was better than bread i tried to do in gas oven. It went down well with the chicken casserole also done in solar oven everything was well cooked and very tender.
Outstanding!!
I'm definitely going to look into getting one!

chris, I say you are walking the right path. though it has its limitations (cloudy days)
It will leave a much, much smaller trace, than a fire.
possibly allowing you to go undetected in a time of need.
That can save your life... Thats why we prep.

chris, I say you are walking the right path. though it has its limitations (cloudy days)
It will leave a much, much smaller trace, than a fire.
possibly allowing you to go undetected in a time of need.
That can save your life... Thats why we prep.
Hadies couple of reasons I chose solar are that I live on a yacht and woodsmoke can be smelled and seen for miles. the other are the limited space for spare fuel on board, I have a gas cooker on board to combat cloudy days, but try to use as much solar as poss.

Yacht not everyones cup of tea but works for me, I like my freedom and being able to change senery without the hassle of moving house.
I would love to own one. I have figured having one would be a great way to get out of dodge and keep the family safe. I, however do not own one, nor do I now how to hot wire one.

Latest posts

Back