Cookbook for preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prepspa

Reaction score
41t2r2tV%2BzL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-preppers-survivors-F-Castillo/dp/B08731CPXS
  • Publisher: Amazon (April 13, 2020)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 979-8636814795
  • ASIN: B08731CPXS
  • Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.3 x 9.2 inches

Sinopsis:

f you run out of bread, you can make more with flour, but how do you make bread? And how do you make flour? And how do you make yeast? This book explains step by step how to create the main foods of humanity, from bread to vinegar, including wine, beer, pasta, chuño, cheese, yogurt, sausages and others. In addition, a good number of simple recipes with few ingredients are added and if you do not have a well equipped kitchen, this book teaches you how to build wood-burning ovens, a solar cooker, boil water in a wooden container and other utensils and techniques that will help us to be self sufficient. The book also includes a description of the most durable foods and techniques for their conservation. In short, an illustrated cookbook with dozens of photographs for the preppers and for the survivors and bushcrafters. ----1.Introduction.--2. Foods made with flour.--3.Dairy.--4.Alcoholic beverages.--5.potato.--6.Varied recipes of easy to prepare foods.--7.Low-tech cooking techniques.--8.Long lasting food.--9.Homemade food preservation.--10.Check if a plant is poisonous.--11.Animal cutting.--12. Wild animals meat recipes.--13.Conclusion.--14. Bibliography.---+Annex: Unit conversion table between the metric and Imperial or american system.

Flour is easy to preserve, lasts a while and stock up on. Have 50lbs Packaged. Experimenting with recipes now in the bread maker and in cast iron on the smoker.
Bread isn’t one of my high priority things, but my wife loves it.
I tried making bread on the grill with the cast iron bread loaf pan - it was delicious but I cooked it too long and the outside (not the top) was burned.

I tried making bread on the grill with the cast iron bread loaf pan - it was delicious but I cooked it too long and the outside (not the top) was burned.
I tried in a Dutch Oven on the smoker. Wasn’t bad.
Got plenty of downed wood for the smoker.

For the dutch oven, try heat on the bottom and top for 15 minutes, then remove the heat on the bottom and continue cooking with top heat till done

Smoker heats fairly evenly. Dutch oven is just the container. Not a true Dutch oven style cooking.

I think that I have made bread about 20 different ways now.
Ash cakes: dough dry, laid on the hot ground in ashes and surrounded by hot coals or covered in hot ashes, brushed clean.
No knead bread: mix the water, salt and yeast, add flour, stir to a sticky dough and pour into a form, bake how you wish.
Flour mix bread: wheat, barley and rye flours mixed to your desire and use the amount of yeast for your amounts.
Flour and oatmeal: grind the oatmeal into flour in a coffee grinder and use about a third oatmeal and two thirds flour for your bread.
Bannock bread: two cups of rolled oats and two thirds a cup of water with a third cup of heavy cream and a spoonful of butter for taste. Griddle, frying pan or ash baking.
Bannock fluffy: add yeast and raisens or dried fruits and bake in an oven or in the frying pan with a lid.
Hardtack: flour of your choice and salt with water, baked three times till it is bulletproof hard.
Stick bread: make your preferred dough and wrap around a stick over a fire or laid near the coals.
Bread in a can: dough slightly sticky into a Nr. size can you want, or several cans at once, lightly greased and bake till golden brown top, leave in can so it lasts longer. DO NOT USE PAINTED CANS....
Bread in a mason jar: dough slightly sticky, damp top, bake till done and put the rubber sealer on only when the glass is cool enough to not melt it and then the lid. Let cool and take camping. PS: only jars with a larger mouth or the bread will not come out...
Indian fry bread: dough with flour, potatoes or acorn flour, salt, water, oil and any dried fruits or even meat. Deep fry or lightly oiled frying pan, both work.
German black bread: whole wheat and or buckwheat flour with its brown color, water, salt, bread spices, yeast and baking powder, bake as needed.
Cornbread: 50/50 cornmeal and flour of choice, salt, baking powder or baking soda and butter. Bake as desired.
Fullcorn bread: Flour, water, sunflower seeds, leinen seeds, sesame seeds, yeast and salt. Bake as desired.
Turkish bread: a spoon of dry yeast, a spoon of salt, an egg, 200 ml of milk, 100 ml of oil, 50 ml of water and 600 grams of flour. Bake as needed.
Pumpkin bread: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg. White and brown sugar in 1/2 cup of oil mixed. Eggs, vanilla and pumpkin meat. Bake as needed.

Not to mention all the biscuits, pancakes, waffles, pogascha, crepés, langós and palacinta over the years too. Keep trying and you will find your favorite. Boob-tube has too many recipes for one lifetime...

Latest posts

Back