Cookbook for preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been watching Early American on YT. This girl makes verified 1700s or 1800s recipes in a fireplace. Very realistic and so far I’ve made numerous things she did. Can’t say I didn’t add a little bit here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC93gx3ZRBY0UfiuVMtwonaw

Thanks for sharing her channel! I LIKE her demos. Subscribed! Really brought back memories. My husband used to do Civil War reenacting (I did a short while) in Galveston and about the country. He got a big head participating in the made-for-TV movie "North & South". I even got to meet/talk with Parker Stevenson while there. Had my dachshund with me and he walked over and said he was missing his dachsie, while petting my little guy Johann Sebastian Dach.

Reenacting is great fun except in high summer. Those clothes are hot and heavy outdoors. In Galveston, I headed up the womens division of the group. I learned a lot of 18th century cooking information. I still have an edition of a rare 19th century cookbook a librarian gave me once. The recipes I've tried from it were VERY tasty, though very simple/few ingredients, as one might imagine. The book is down at our BOL already. Will be handy there.

So cool that you two have experience with Civil War reenactments! I enjoy seeing those done. Turning green here reading about your rare cookbook! If you ever feel like it share a few of your favorite recipes. You described exactly what I have thought when I’ve made one of the very old recipes…so simple, but so tasty!!

So cool that you two have experience with Civil War reenactments! I enjoy seeing those done. Turning green here reading about your rare cookbook! If you ever feel like it share a few of your favorite recipes. You described exactly what I have thought when I’ve made one of the very old recipes…so simple, but so tasty!!
I LOVE going to reinactments, THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!

Latest posts

Back