Controlling Pests and Disease in the Garden

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietH3art

Reaction score
My granddaughter and I decided to plant a really small vegetable garden this year and have had continuous problems with bugs eating the leaves and something completely rotted out my squash plants. The only thing that grew well were the sunflowers. I really don't want to use chemicals to control bugs and disease. How do those of you with experience at growing control pests and disease without chemicals?

Soap works well. Also rosemary in between here and there masks the scent of the fruit well. Also bird netting keeps things away. Good luck...

I was told to plant marigolds around just about everything....I have to say it did wonders for me!!!
I had an area of the garden from last year that I let the weeds take over....a few tomatoes reseeded themselves, bugs ate the crap out of them.....20 ft away I have 8 beautiful tomato plants-with zero tomato worms and really no other bugs that I can see.
I was told to just plant the marigolds EVERYWHERE and I would see a big difference...def worked for me!

**Get the older non hybrid varieties...the are more pungent in smell and work better

this is just one thing I have tried....not 100% though but def a lifesaver for my tomatoes

Ducks and weeder geese work well for large gardens. Sometimes though when the yield is life or death a little sevin dust can save the day.

You can usually order frozen insects that defeat other pests. We do this all the time with wasps, to help combat flies around manure. Kind of cool really.

So, I'm going to order geese to weed the garden, ducks to eat the bugs, plant marigolds to attract good bugs to chase off bad bugs, put mint in small pots around the garden (because if you plant it it can become a pest, too), also to attract good things and ward off bad. I think I've got this :)

Latest posts

Back