Contraceptive Corn

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw this in an apocalyptic movie...
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food
Scientists have created the ultimate GM crop: contraceptive corn. Waiving fields of maize may one day save the world from overpopulation.

The pregnancy prevention plants are the handiwork of the San Diego biotechnology company Epicyte, where researchers have discovered a rare class of human antibodies that attack sperm.

By isolating the genes that regulate the manufacture of these antibodies, and by putting them in corn plants, the company has created tiny horticultural factories that make contraceptives.
'We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies,' said Epicyte president Mitch Hein.

Corporations need to stop messing with our food.
Grow your own corn.
Doesn't matter, does it?
Doesn't Monsanto own all the corn species grown in the U.S.A.? I'm asking seriously, I've read a lot about it, but unsure about the stories I've heard. Can anyone speak to this please?
Thank you
Erqueen75:USA:

Doesn't matter, does it?
Doesn't Monsanto own all the corn species grown in the U.S.A.? I'm asking seriously, I've read a lot about it, but unsure about the stories I've heard. Can anyone speak to this please?
Thank you
Erqueen75:USA:
Well, all corn is the same species, Zea mays
There are plenty of non-Monsanto corn varieties though.

I think I saw this in an apocalyptic movie...
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food
Scientists have created the ultimate GM crop: contraceptive corn. Waiving fields of maize may one day save the world from overpopulation.
The pregnancy prevention plants are the handiwork of the San Diego biotechnology company Epicyte, where researchers have discovered a rare class of human antibodies that attack sperm.

By isolating the genes that regulate the manufacture of these antibodies, and by putting them in corn plants, the company has created tiny horticultural factories that make contraceptives.
'We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies,' said Epicyte president Mitch Hein.
You could fit the entire world’s population quite comfortably into New Zealand. There be no overpopulation so let’s do continue to happily breed. No need for contraception
2BEBDA01-9812-414B-9E30-6F68C16EB3AD.jpeg

7-8 BILLION on a tiny island? yeah right.

If you take the entire area of New Zealand, 268,710 km2, yes that works out. 7.8 billion people divided by 268,710 is 29,027 people per km2.
Manhattan has 28,873 people per km2.
BUT 1/3 of New Zealand is uninhabitable mountains. There is about 179,000 km2 of habitable land in New Zealand. 7.8 billion divided by 179,000 km2 is 43, 575 people per km2.

If we put them in Kazakstan, however, now the density is down to 3,290 per km2. That's a little over half the population density of London (5,666 per km2).

Latest posts

Back