Considerations for Bug Out Locations

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel strongly that if I live until my parents are weak, it's my duty to care for them. We learn so much from grandparents and great grandparents. The elderly can benefit from youth, too.

A study showed that when they combined a preschool and nursing home somewhere in a Nordic country, the elderly were healthier and lived longer.

Anyway, I really like living in close proximity to some of my extended family and would really encourage others who are still looking to consider multi-generational/family commune style living.

In healthy families, nobody has your back quite like family!

We have predetermined meeting points.

Long range walkie talkies are in Faraday bags so we can communicate across homesteads if need be.

Getting home if we are traveling is a concern. We rarely travel outside of a day's walk, but I don't even know how to go about planning for along travel home.

We have predetermined meeting points.

Long range walkie talkies are in Faraday bags so we can communicate across homesteads if need be.

Getting home if we are traveling is a concern. We rarely travel outside of a day's walk, but I don't even know how to go about planning for along travel home.

Do you have go-bags?

Okay, so this will sound a little over the top for some but, when I travel overseas, I pack a go bag. In it, I have a multi-tool, rubber rain poncho, antibiotics, fishing hook, freeze dried food, documents, paracord, water filter all of the things you would bring on a long day hike to the mountains. It doesn't raise eyebrows (you do however have to put it in your checked luggage).

I always throw some silver coins in the bag as well as some old gold jewelry (an earring I lost the pair to or a broken chain).

When I get there, I buy an inexpensive hunting knife that is left behind on the return trip.

Last edited:
Do you have go-bags?
That sounds like my scratch bag. I take it everywhere in a small camelback. 1 1/2 liters of water and all the things I need. The only problem is, if it ever gets stolen or "LOST" by the sometimes less trustworthy workers in the airport, the contents are worth over a thousand dollars in this little 5 lb. bag....

Do you have go-bags?

Okay, so this will sound a little over the top for some but, when I travel overseas, I pack a go bag. In it, I have a multi-tool, rubber rain poncho, antibiotics, fishing hook, freeze dried food, documents, paracord, water filter all of the things you would bring on a long day hike to the mountains. It doesn't raise eyebrows (you do however have to put it in your checked luggage).

I always throw some silver coins in the bag as well as some old gold jewelry (an earring I lost the pair to or a broken chain).

When I get there, I buy an inexpensive hunting knife that is left behind on the return trip.
We do, but they need work. These are awesome ideas. Thank you!

I have what I call a "grab and go bag". I take it everywhere I go. I change it out depending on season. For winter I have fire starter, extra gloves, wool hat, wool sweater, wool socks, snares, canned food (enough for 3 days), hatchet, extra knife, rope, metal cup to cook in or melt snow, extra .22 pistol and ammo and other miscellaneous items. I carry this bag on my tractor while I'm plowing my road too, 3 miles long. It's easy to get lost when the visibility is zero, get stuck in a snow drift or slide off the road and spend hours digging, or have to walk home.
For summer it's much lighter since I wouldn't need most of the winter stuff, but I do have some fishing gear, water filter and a few other things.

The way I see it is that we the people can make it a logistical nightmare for the government. Air water and land routes will be subject to attack thus keeping them at bay. Think French Resistance and the VC.
True, but almost every government department and agency has been weaponizied across the country. They will still follow orders from their masters.

True, but almost every government department and agency has been weaponizied across the country. They will still follow orders from their masters.
True but my plan is to keep them so busy in the city's that they won't have time or resources to venture out into the country.

--- This video targets only a very small group of people ., Those that hear the call . This is the area my group reside and confirm the truthfulness of this video . My group is not in Arkhaven but are near their location and now have 7 living structures on our survival grounds though for various reasons not all 7 are occupied at this time . I only lack building a front Poarch and front door at this time on a log cabin that I constructed mostly by myself .

--- This video targets only a very small group of people ., Those that hear the call . This is the area my group reside and confirm the truthfulness of this video . My group is not in Arkhaven but are near their location and now have 7 living structures on our survival grounds though for various reasons not all 7 are occupied at this time . I only lack building a front Poarch and front door at this time on a log cabin that I constructed mostly by myself .

It is very beautiful country and balanced in resources. Not sure though, if 25 minutes to a Wal-Mart is far enough away.

Latest posts

Back