Concrete Canvas Shelters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has a design life of over 10 years, it doesn't sound too permanent for 22k~33k USD so, it has the life span of a car and priced like one. While it's cool, fast to setup and I can think of many uses but for the price and limited life span, I can buy a 40'x60'x16' quonset hut far cheaper like 14k bucks.

Cool concept. I think I was inside one of these 5 years ago. I was visiting my mother at Ft. Sam hospital in San Antonio. It was around noon when we left and we were starving. They said the temporary dining hall was out beside the hospital building as the regular one was undergoing renovations. What we walked up to was a grayish-white tent-like metal-doored temporary building like I'd never seen before. It was ginormous inside and fully air-conditioned. Seating could accommodate probably 500 people for most any type of event really. The side looked hard though, not just like durable canvas.

I've been intrigued with the concrete covered canvas concept ever since seeing outdoor flower pots made with these two materials. People just invert canvas, old dish towels or any cloth over a plastic bucket and pour the concrete over it until soaked. Let dry and tip off the bucket when hardened. Then you can paint them or whatever you like. I can think of all kinds of uses for concrete-shaped buckets myself.

Latest posts

Back