Combat swords!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Reaction score
Anyone have any sword/machete experience?!! I can't be the only one.....

Anyone have an Opinion on this little bugger....

CN500208HC.jpg

Condors tactana... I'm thinking I wanna play....

My son is into katanas, but I'm a saber guy.
blades.png

The one in the middle, a finely made Liuye Dao (Chinese willow leaf saber) is the only serious long blade I have.
saber.png

The orc cleaver and the ceremonial saber are just for show. Chinese soldiers at one time must have been a lot bigger than they are now, because the Liuye Dao takes a MAN to wield! It was the standard military sidearm for both infantry and cavalry for two dynasties (Ming and Qing). That thing is designed for serious hewing of limbs and heads, but it requires a good bit of upper body strength to wield.

I have a Cold Steel machete that gets used a lot. It's just your basic one handed Latin machete. Most machetes blister my hand unless I'm wearing gloves, but the Cold Steel has a grip that doesn't hurt my hand, which is really the main reason I bought it.

Last edited:
I have a "hybrid" Katana /English broad sword as well as several machetts .

nice looking swords, have any of you any knowledge of a hybrid between a katana and a machete? saw it on a tv show, about the makeing of it but never saw the "how to use" part

No katana, but I have a couple machetes. I don't have a really nice one though. The tactical uses of a machete are a distant afterthought for me, though. I seldom think of it as a weapon, even though we've seen MS_13 use them as weapons around here.

Anyone have any sword/machete experience?!! I can't be the only one.....

Anyone have an Opinion on this little bugger....

View attachment 3383

Condors tactana... I'm thinking I wanna play....

I was looking at other pictures of this, the handle looks to be too square? in other pictures the handle also looks to be too long for the blade? I guess all easily correctable, the guard looks abit small for combat imho (maybe it's me) I haven't really heard any negatives about it

Last edited:
nice looking swords, have any of you any knowledge of a hybrid between a katana and a machete? saw it on a tv show, about the makeing of it but never saw the "how to use" part

Something like this?
97THK_m.jpg

The SONS OF GUNS show built a Katana machette hybrid . My katana/broard sword is 52" overall . I'm looking for a quality short sword to add to a pistol belt for a CQB set .

The SONS OF GUNS show built a Katana machette hybrid . My katana/broard sword is 52" overall . I'm looking for a quality short sword to add to a pistol belt for a CQB set .

What kind of style and length?

15 "or close blade one handed spear , clip or Bowie type blade . Like a giant Ka Bar . Not a real wide blade like the BMF that was popular in the 80.s and 90's to wide and alkward for close work . ( in my opinion )

Yea I reconize all of them . I've been holding off placing a order in case we make a trip and stop at a knife shop .

the blade was more "katana" shape if I remember right...and that was the show..Son Of Guns..

I just watched that episode. All they made was a wide wakizashi, wasn't impressed, and they have no intention of producing them.

but to be serious, you wanna know how to use that sword..

Practice practice pracice . The SAS train that you have to repeat a action 25000 times before it becomes muscel memory .

Hey Ronin. I really like that Condors Tactana. I'm into knives & weapons. I might order me one , the price seems pretty reasonable.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410746934.875236.jpg

That's my small collection
I just started a couple of months ago
Glenn

Latest posts

Back