Combat/Defensive Knife Technique

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roninsensei,
thanks, only have one so my next thinking will be which lenght ;)
but one has to have something to think over, life would be so dull othervise

what a difference those inches were in handling, alot quicker to move, more flexible, you guys know your stuff, that's for sure

yup, that handle was hard though, couldn't find my good saw and with a bad one...

Roninsensei, if you would, please post up some good links, and any one else that has some good info.... Please post them up. I'd like to see some more techniques if possible.

yup, a videoa or two would be a hell of a lot better than nothing, unless you guys can pop-up and give some hands on training??
would DPF cover the expence by any chance? :rolleyes:

I don't believe that any of these videos or instructors are the end all be all.. But they do teach stuff I teach so therefore I am willing to post them...

Roninsensei,
thanks, and thanks for showing also what knifes can do, it's healthy to see the real stuff so you know your not playing with toys incase you forget

after looking at a few of your videos....far more difficult than expected...

original handle now changed to cord and sheet fixed with nato-olivegreen paint

Last edited:
That's cool, thanks Ronin. I have looked up youtube videos on it, but without having a lot(ANY) practical application instruction, training, or other experience with knives, it's hard to know what is real and what is some dude playing commando on youtube. I'll check these out. I've actually seen a couple of these guys doing general self defense using everything from hands to impact weapons to firearms. The one guy I remember seeing on TV with another firearms instructor named Rob Pincus... I miss that show!

ok, gi-tanto fixed, tomahawk fixed, machete sharpend, shovel sharpend...from this point that gear is so to say;checked and ready for something

time spent watching videos here...useing the knife...it's so bloody personal and close

Very. You can learn to disassociate with a firearm but the knife is always very connected to the action of killing. A lot of operators have a harder time getting over stabbing a combatant than shooting. Some that I have worked with said it was the hardest thing for them to get over.

Latest posts

Back