Combat/Defensive Knife Technique

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great, it's interesting to see what can be done when you know what to do
Here's one of our many customizations!! This is just a patina and a bluing with a handle wrap. Ronin also does custom acid etching on the blade as well!! Ronin is pure genius when it come to anything sharp!!
image.jpg

and I thought it looks great just out from the box, those looks like a pice of art...leathal art

what kind of tool did you use to grind that top of??

what kind of tool did you use to grind that top of??
A bench grinder and sandpaper. It's not too bad just keep a bucket of water close and don't heat up the metal too much or you'll change the temper in the steel

I use a 1 x 30 belt sander from harbor freight. It cost 30.00 and worth every penny..

images 3.jpg

index 2.jpg

index.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
those blades are pure art :)
must admit that the first time I took the knife in my hand, it felt good, nothing flimsy about it, felt like with this I can defend me and scare the opponent

well, I'll have to dig deeeeeeeeeep to get that info out of my brain...nah,can't find it..there isn't ;)

bye the way, do you guys use paracord to fix the handle? or do you have something better??

bye the way, do you guys use paracord to fix the handle? or do you have something better??
Yep we use 7 strand 550 paracord. Works great and if you ever need it you can always pull it off the handle and have some extra cordage.

thanks, wasn't sure if it was that or had you something else, but have a few extra yards of cord in my prepps, well if sleep eludes me to night have something to do.

this isn't exactly a blade, any experience with the cold steel frontier tomahawk?
have one strapped to my bob

The frontier hawk is a great hawk it's just a little too big for me. I have girl hands and wrists. I prefer the trail hawk.

ok,so you put cord on the whole handle on some of those, I made "just" a cord wrapping on the lower part

Yes the shaft is 24 inches originally. Its just too much for the hawk, it does much better at 18 inches for a survival hatchet and at 12 inches for fighting with. The original shaft also stuck out the top about an inch on the trail hawk so we cut some of that as well.

Latest posts

Back