Combat/Defensive Knife Technique

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
likewise,though it's sometimes difficult,easy with small objects, anything bigger quite another thing.
one problem here is that quality blades are very expencive in Finland, and it's no use buying blades from a fleemarket here, usually only rubbish.
luckily found a few stores that have a good assortment of good stuff, reasonable prized aswell

likewise,though it's sometimes difficult,easy with small objects, anything bigger quite another thing.
one problem here is that quality blades are very expencive in Finland, and it's no use buying blades from a fleemarket here, usually only rubbish.
luckily found a few stores that have a good assortment of good stuff, reasonable prized aswell
I would check amazon and eBay there's always amazing deals and I'm sure they'll ship to you out there.

you sometimes overlook places when you don't think, thanks friend :)

ok,guys; your honest opinion about cold steel kobun,is it worth the money?
their gi tanto looks nice but I don't know...the wibes are kinda strange about it

The kobun as a fighting knife is ok.. The GI tanto is a better fighting knife and slightly better steel. The kobun is an "as is" knife, can't do mods to it much. The GI tanto can be modified in many ways.

Is the Kobun worth the money? Yes... You get a lot more for your money with the GI tanto....

thanks! beeing here on DPF makes some choices easier,when one don't know one asks and gets an answer

kinda a feeling of some sortof chill when your not exactly sure about something,might have written something we use here in Fin as it was,just checked it,sorry

lol Its ok!! That's just a new one for me!! I love the GI tanto, feel good about it, it's one of the best deals on the market. 1055 carbon steel for 25.00 american you cant beat that price...

one hell of a knife,thanks for the info...
had time to make a quick order :)

like waiting for a birthdaypresent...you'll remember why kids are so jumpy over presents

just got an e-mail saying it's anroute to my pick-up place,so think I'll have it tomorrow :D

it's gonna be nice,oh-yeah, don't know where my fascination for blades come...

got my gi-tanto...
very seldom do I have knife that is sharp from the beginning, it's it's beautiful in a very leathal way, brutal but I love it.
and it feels sturdy and well made, I also carry a Finnish knife called "puukko", handy for makeing tinder and all sorts of things, not a big one, easy to keep sharp.

So glad you got it and you like it! We usually lose the plastic scales and cord wrap the handle, its much better for grip.. I also grind or file off the back hand guard so that choking up is easier. Pics of or custom Gi tantos soon to follow..

great, it's interesting to see what can be done when you know what to do

Latest posts

Back