Comat/ Riot Gear

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rman86

Reaction score
I think that if society really broke down, I would have enough supplies and fortification to last in my own home. However, if I needed to venture out from my own home or deal with crowds I am looking for some awesome riot gear.

I think I found a good loadout. Full body coverage, flame retardant, shield etc... Right now I'm looking at about $600 for everything. I thought i would share with you guys. Also, if anyone is interested, If we get a group of 20 or more than we can all get it for $500 each. PM me or reply and let's get something going ya'll

Thanks for listening to my first post!
-rman
shenzen.jpg

I'v got combat gear from around the World I'v picked up for a few $'s here and there . I don't think I would need anything like that . Check out Ebay and surplus stores .

typo* Combat/Riot Gear

The items you describe are perfect for riot or crowd control, however, in heat, your miserable. Also, because they are bulky, your not running fast enough to escape individually and make no sense to be worn in a tactical sense. I do have some riot gear, but its more for isolated cases and maintained within my home. If your serious about getting some, I'd recommend Security Pro, our local PD, purchased a few and they are very light weight. My own opinion, I'd invest more into body armor. In my rig, I have a Cyre Cage armor system combined with Airframe ATX helmet. Both items are extremely light for tactical purposes. My Cyre gear replaced my old Infidel Bellator Plate Carriers, which my son wears currently, until I replace it with the Cyre gear.

riot gear would only work when in force as mentioned above by DrHenley and then it is questionable as it's effectiveness as we have seen around the world including here in the states. Avoid riots or be light enough to move rapidly, riots looks for opportunity, if you are dressed up as a cop you become a target, if your in a riot you want to blend in (think gray man)

Mobility, shoot, scoot and manoeuvre is the survivalists best option against crowds either feds, cops or criminals, some of our lads in Ulster in the 70s wore full riot gear and got cornered by a crowd of republican IRA supporters and they nearly got beaten to death.

i definitely agree about the riot gear.not only to bulky.but it looks like it'd be too hot to wear in 60-70 degree temps.

P.S.even when it comes to protecting your home..

My own opinion, I'd invest more into body armor.

Yep.

Eventually, my goal is to have at least a vest and helmet for each person in my group (I'll get for the family, but friends have to get their own...though I'll help them find deals). The idea is that we could wear these things when doing chores outside on the ranch, so always protected. Would just be part of our daily routine (post SHTF). That way, if we got surprised and attacked without warning, a much better shot at actually surviving the hit. Convincing folks to wear them, if we haven't had any kind of threat...that would be the big challenge...but would rather have the option.

I'm all for tactical body armour , wear it when practicing combat tactics make it fun then put it up and take care of it (expensive stuff) . As part of my Sniper training I teach that your best protection is your Camo and how you move but thats out in the field training . In a shoot and move shoot out or close combat body armour is a game changer . Squirrel away enough $ as not to blow your budget but get it and take care of it .

I think riot gear is a bit OTT for most situations post SHTF, it certainly is for my situation(rural), a better idea is to move silently and furtively and not be seen. someone sees a person is riot gear would assume that person is either law or army and act accordingly.

The riot gear is not on my list but good tactical body armor is . The riot helmet is not bad but I have the face shield that goes on a U.S combat helmet that works if needed . Watching the online surplus supliers and Ebay body armor can be had at a reasonable price . But it's still a bigger investment .

I agree with Gazork. When going about daily events outside your fortification, you should be in a vest and have a weapon with you. If you have the people, should have lookouts with work parties.

yeah i'm thinking a vest will get in the way every chores and all..so that means going without one..and have at least 2 sentry's for each area/group of ppl..this way who ever is working a garden, life stock.or what ever wont have the burden of the vest..but yet it's a good idea for them to have a firearm on hand at same time..

maybe in the city riot gear may offer some protection but in the jungle (or forest) it will get you dead far quicker then not having it and I might add not very quiet, being fluid and flexible is far more advantageous then weighted down with cumbersome gear.

Live in the shadows not in the Spotlight you will last longer

or in Americanese :)

Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.

if the need comes I "borrow" the vest I use at work,not the heavy tactical the police use but the lighter type,with that you can still manouver and move fast..
riot gear,nothing stealthy about it,sry but as Maverick said;spend your money for something better

Latest posts

Back