Colonial Pipeline attack: Clock ticks for gas supply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colonial Pipeline hackers DarkSide have reportedly lost control of money

Cybercrime group DarkSide said it has lost control of its web servers and some of the money it’s made off of ransom payments after the FBI confirmed that the gang was behind the $5 million ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline last week that spurred gas shortages and panic buying across the Southeast.

“A few hours ago, we lost access to the public part of our infrastructure, namely: Blog. Payment server. DOS servers,” read a post online by user Darksupp, the operator of DarkSide, according to The Record.

The announcement was posted Thursday evening on cybercrime underground community Exploit Forum, according to Recorded Future threat intelligence analyst Dmitry Smilyanets.

It remains unclear if the announcement is a ruse for the group to escape attention or avoid paying out its partners. Cybersecurity analysts warned that anything posted by DarkSide operators should be taken with a grain of salt.

Darksupp also claimed that cryptocurrency funds were withdrawn from the hacker group’s payment server, which hosted ransom payments made by victims such as Colonial Pipeline, the report said. The funds, which the group is typically supposed to split between itself and its partners, were transferred to an unknown wallet, Darksupp said, according to The Record.
Colonial Pipeline hackers DarkSide have lost control of money, will shut down

I'm starting to believe all this pipeline news was a hoax, fake news if you will. I've seen no evidence that the pipeline has been shutdown. I think I'll need to see evidence presented in a court case before I'll accept it as evidence. I'm not sure anybody can find "standing" to bring a case anyway. Maybe the FBI can posture and kick down the wrong door or investigate something. I'm almost certain there is some social injustice going on with the pipeline but I don't really know how to play that card.

How do you figure?
IF they are based out of Russia, is Russia going to help the FBI find them?
If Colonial did not pay, they may have ran the risk of the shut down for a longer period of time. That would of been even worse not only for them, but the country as a whole.
Yes, it is possible this group will attack other companies (currently reading there is a trailer trucking company that is under a ransomware attack).
As I asked before, will we see the lessons learned (i.e. review of the now unencrypted log files to see their movements in the system, or if they deleted or covered their tracks, they are that good, the FBI may not ever find them)?
What OS was used?
What vulnerability did they exploit to gain root/superuser access?
Did they phish one of the employees unknowingly?
Those are the kind of things companies need to know in order to lock down their systems, and prevent such attacks in the future.

Because now every hacker all over the world will target our infrastructure and expect to be paid. Maybe Washington D.C. and NYC will run out, that would be fitting.

Because now every hacker all over the world will target our infrastructure and expect to be paid. Maybe Washington D.C. and NYC will run out, that would be fitting.

Ransomeware attacks have been going on for years now.
The fact the Darkside infrastructure has been taken down, indicates a counter attack by someone.
That is going to hackers take pause, re-evaluate. Then they will try again.
The question is, will those targets do what it takes to secure their systems.

Behind the whole could also be the grouping around Klaus Schwab, this dirty business association is capable of many things and one should not underestimate that.

Interestingly, the WEF had already been planning for some time to hold another simulation on June 9. According to official information, "Cyber Polygon 2021" is about the security of digital data traffic, which has exploded in the course of the Corona crisis. In the course of a fictitious cyber attack, participants from numerous countries are to respond in real time "to a targeted attack on a company's supply chain."

A 2019 simulation game called "Event 201" simulated a global pandemic and, in the process, played out how a global health crisis could be used to merge global corporations with state structures. Moreover, the focus at the time was not on health, such as strengthening the immune system, but rather on creating rapid approaches to combat misinformation and flooding the media with information. Also in his book "Covid-19: The Great Reset," WEF founder Klaus Schwab describes the global fight against the virus as a favorable opportunity for a complete reboot of the world. The WEF plays a central role in the current transformation process of society. Critics also fear an expansion of surveillance at "Cyber Polygon 2021" and an occasion to further expand the global power system.

ive been keeping up with pipeline news only somewhat.on account i new it aint going to be pretty.gas prices here in east tx. have already started to go up at,at least 2 main gas stations.shell is one of them.i bought me 3-5 gallon gas cans the other day.but seeing how im living in a apartment now.i need to find a good location to keep them once i fill them up with gas.

I'm starting to believe all this pipeline news was a hoax, fake news if you will. I've seen no evidence that the pipeline has been shutdown. I think I'll need to see evidence presented in a court case before I'll accept it as evidence. I'm not sure anybody can find "standing" to bring a case anyway. Maybe the FBI can posture and kick down the wrong door or investigate something. I'm almost certain there is some social injustice going on with the pipeline but I don't really know how to play that card.
Last time we had a so called gas shortage here i happen to know they had so much gas at distribution centers the tanks were full and they were parking tank trucks in fields just to store the extra gas they had. Truckdriver friend said they would not allow them to deliver all the gas they had! I went and looked, i bet they had over 1000 trucks parked in a field!!!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...teeth-foreign-enemies-arctic-base-threatened/Russian President Vladimir Putin vowed to ‘knock the teeth out’ of foreign enemies who try to bite off pieces of the country’s vast territory after Washington and Moscow clashed at the Arctic Summit on Thursday.
Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov that the North Pole must remain ‘free of conflict’ at the tense summit.
Blinken stressed the importance of upholding ‘effective governance and the rule of law’ to ensure that the ‘Arctic remains a region free of conflict where countries act responsibly.’
Lavrov hit back saying Moscow saw ‘no grounds’ for conflict in the Arctic but warned the West about militarising on Russia’s doorstep.
The two sides have recently increased their military posturing, with the United States sending bombers to Norway and Russia conducting large maritime and air exercises.
No one fears the US today under the Obama-Biden rule.
They have a friend in Joe Biden.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...teeth-foreign-enemies-arctic-base-threatened/Russian President Vladimir Putin vowed to ‘knock the teeth out’ of foreign enemies who try to bite off pieces of the country’s vast territory after Washington and Moscow clashed at the Arctic Summit on Thursday.

No one fears the US today under the Obama-Biden rule.
They have a friend in Joe Biden.

Ironic is it not?
Had this been the Trump admin, MSM would be screaming Trump is a Putin puppet.

Shouldve put a 5 million BOUNTY on the hackers heads and STOP this sort of mess!!!!!

That's the answer. Have the State Dept. declare Darkside a terrorist organization, like Al Quada or ISIS. We offered a bounty on those heads and we could offer a dead or alive bounty for Darkside. I promise all of you that if some of these heads were brought in and the US Gov. paid the bounty, ransom attacks would be over.

But Brent won't like it because it is not a middle-of-the-road position from which he could go sideways---in either direction.

Latest posts

Back