Colonial Pipeline attack: Clock ticks for gas supply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1620763278260.png

This time last year we were only at $1.54 a gallon. Hunny told me when he was last out it was $2.68

I’ve been reading and Georgia and Tennessee are the two most likely states to be affected the most with this shutdown. I believe most of the outages and price surges are just from fear and over reaction so far, but it really dosent matter why stations are running out of fuel in the real world. Like I said, if this goes ten days without the fuel flowing then it will become a real problem. At least I have enough fuel to make it home tomorrow no matter what but I’m sure I will see some open stations along the trip, somewhere...
This incident just reminds me of the advantages of owning a Tesla, (or other electric car), and being able to charge it with solar panels.

With dopey Joe and the communists in office I fear that we'll see more fuel shortages across the country. So today I'm ordering another 525 gallon bulk fuel tank for gasoline, got one for diesel last year.
Yes Brent, politics does have a lot to do with prepping. Your team has made everything political.
Really? You don’t see any single sided partisan opinions here? I believe the majority of people on both sides are full of shit, and too much anger. The only way anything good will ever happen will be from intelligent moderates that understand working together and meeting somewhere in the middle makes sense.
This ransom ware has nothing to do with politics, just theft and greed. And it’s been a multi billion dollar business for more than three years now.

View attachment 12654

This time last year we were only at $1.54 a gallon. Hunny told me when he was last out it was $2.68
It was 3.20 yesterday in Georgia and I don’t want to know today’s price....
still a lot cheaper than what our international friends pay though so I won’t whine too much.

The NYT piece is propaganda, to a degree.
Yes, there are lines, there are shortages.
Fact is the supply has been cut off. The demand, even under normal consumption rates, is still there. Now, there is a degree of panic buying, increased demand, kinda like toilet paper last year.
IF this were to drag on for a week or longer, then we may see some real problems as the JIT/BAU system failure and the follow on second and third order cascade effects.
Then, it all fails.

With dopey Joe and the communists in office I fear that we'll see more fuel shortages across the country. So today I'm ordering another 525 gallon bulk fuel tank for gasoline, got one for diesel last year.
Yes Brent, politics does have a lot to do with prepping. Your team has made everything political.

Everything has been politicized.
To a degree it started likely back in the Nixon admin.
It has since gotten worse, namely with the Regan, Bush (I), Clinton admins, and then accelerated in the Obama admin and went Warp Speed with Trump.
The degree the MSM is carrying the water for the Biden admin is just plain obvious, gross, and dishonest.
It only goes to show the degree of division in the country.
Which I find sad.

FYI, here in the NE, wife went to town today for groceries, mostly perishable stuff that does not last a week or our consumption rates diminished our supply.
She also got gas.
No lines. No shortages. $3.06gal. Not too far off from the national average.

IF this were to continue for a week or longer, would be a different story. That is the point of a site like this. What to do not only in the short term, but prepping for the long term.

Most of the stations here are running out of gas but it due to panic buying, hell I saw a old guy this morning fill up his Prius, pop the trunk and filled six five gallon jugs. A lot of folks coming down from NC to fill up as well. Super unleaded was $3.39 a gallon and regular unleaded was $2.69 a gallon. It went up 20 cents per gallon since last night, hope this don’t last long . With multiple service vans on the road that’s going to eat into the already low profit.

Since I am not too far from where the gas is actually refined here, I don't think we will run out of gas, but you never know. I did fill up my tank when I went into work Friday before the news was out and hunny had filled up all the gas cans. I may go ahead and top off tomorrow when I go back in. With gas prices going up, I may just top off everyday I go in, which is basically every other day now to keep my price down.

It was 3.20 yesterday in Georgia and I don’t want to know today’s price....
still a lot cheaper than what our international friends pay though so I won’t whine too much.
Gas is about $3.50 here. I really don't care what people in other countries pay for fuel, not my concern. We have so much oil in the ground here, plus refining capacity and the infrastructure to move the product around the country. There's no reason for gas in the US to be over $1.50 per gallon and even less for diesel. Much of the high cost for fuel is caused by over regulation and taxes. Never fear, your boy Biden will cause shortages and price increases like we've never seen before.

This creep Biden will make those idiots look like conservatives.
It is sad though and those that support obviously have no clue, , , just thankful we are not as bad off as other countries. Sorry Brent. Glad you can afford what may be coming amd seem to have no worries. . . not all of us can with our limited income. My hunny is retired so his income is already fixed in. I am now working 4 days compared to my 2 so we can make up for, along with our business picking way up at work since I am the only one who does what I do.

Organizations try to save money by outsourcing their IT to offshore vendors who'll do the work at a fraction of what local vendors charge. Hospitals, banks, schools, you name it. Then they get hit with a ransomware attack and have to come up with a big cash payout to regain access to their own data. Many local vendors hire work visas who'll work cheaper than the native work force, and have the same problem when their data is leaked or stolen when their employees move back to India, Pakistan or somewhere in Eastern Europe or Africa.
Russia and China have used the same avenues to bypass the expensive R and D stage and move straight to manufacturing items that were developed -at high cost- by other countries.
People complain about how people come to the US to work in processing plants while no one's screaming about billions in R and D costs that are being stolen by our economic rivals.
It's stupid to complain about chicken pluckers coming into the country, while ignoring immigrant labor who can steal out technology and use it against us. We should be subsidizing our STEM students instead of importing tech workers from economic competitors.

We pluck our own chickens in our family. Our students are already "subsidized" by our taxes that go to education. And many teach their own children, but they still pay the taxes. So, Aussie rrodscott, sounds like you're on board for the wall in America. That way illegals can't steal our tech and use it against us?
Got gas today at our unmanned two pump place on the side of the road in our little town. It's the old school pumps, no pins to put in, no ads talking to you. The company mails you a card to swipe with a pin number to sign up. There's a little box to swipe the card, then you push up the doohickey under the pump, and when you want it to stop, you push the doohickey down. Usually I'm the only person there. It was $2.79 a gallon.

The liberal MSM - "Everything is fine, Joe Biden has everything under control"

Meanwhile, back in reality..

Fights break out at pumps as $50 gas rationing spreads across America: Biden administration begs people NOT to panic buy as more than 1,000 gas stations run dry and prices top $3 amid Russia's Colonial Pipeline hack

Fight breaks out at NC gas pump amid Russian cyberattack fuel crisis | Daily Mail Online

@Brent, the democrats and MSM crucified, impeached, and obstructed Trump EVERY DAY FOR FOUR YEARS, most of it knowingly based on lies. His policies have proven to be GREAT for America, and the world. There is a reason the liberals are losing elections around the world, and the people are rising up against them. The only reason you think we shouldn't be talking politics here is because you are outnumbered. Maybe you should just learn to be silent; you know, what the left has done to the right now for years. At least we don't kick you off the site for having a different opinion, like the "tolerant" left. Politics DO matter as they impact preps. I hear there are some other prep sites that lean hard left, maybe you can take Kevin with you, although he doesn't really seem to be prepared for anything more than stupid left talking points.

Typical liberal, says the problem is people hording the gas, as he talks about how he filled his car and several gas cans..

Yesterday I ordered a 500 gallon bulk gasoline tank. Already have a 500 gallon diesel tank. My pickup holds another 100 gallons of gasoline too. 600 gallons of gasoline will last for over a year if needed, maybe 2 if we stretch it. Of course we'll have to treat the fuel. Thanks to government control and interference, today's gasoline is designed to start going bad after only 30 days. Stock up on fuel treatment.

Latest posts

Back