CME will hit Earth at nearly 2 million mph, at 11pm tonight

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is interesting but,,,

Can a coronal mass ejection destroy the Earth?

A flare emits photons, and sometimes particles, from the Sun, which sometimes reach the Earth. Whether or not they reach the Earth does not depend on the size of the flare, but depends only on where on the Sun the flare occurred. Fortunately, no matter what, flares do not have a significant effect on us here on Earth.

Fortunately, no matter what, flares do not have a significant effect on us here on Earth.
It does when it comes to radio communications...

" Other solar activity of concern to HF operators are solar flares and coronal holes, which emit protons. Since the charged ions in the ionosphere are negative, a blast of protons from the sun can neutralize the charge and make the ionosphere less refractive. These waves of protons can be so intense that they may trigger an event called a geomagnetic storm. In addition, energy from a solar flare may energize the D-layer of the ionosphere, which absorbs radio waves."

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/antennas-propagation/ionospheric/solar-flares.php

It does when it comes to radio communications...

" Other solar activity of concern to HF operators are solar flares and coronal holes, which emit protons. Since the charged ions in the ionosphere are negative, a blast of protons from the sun can neutralize the charge and make the ionosphere less refractive. These waves of protons can be so intense that they may trigger an event called a geomagnetic storm. In addition, energy from a solar flare may energize the D-layer of the ionosphere, which absorbs radio waves."

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/antennas-propagation/ionospheric/solar-flares.php
Ah. Science. How refreshing.

it is interesting but,,,
Can a coronal mass ejection destroy the Earth?

As far as I can find, the answer is no. For perspective, the flare that caused the Carrington Event, produced an aurora that could be seen as far south as Cuba, vs this one being seen in Pennsylvania.

As far as I can find, the answer is no. For perspective, the flare that caused the Carrington Event, produced an aurora that could be seen as far south as Cuba, vs this one being seen in Pennsylvania.

Good point about the Carrington Event.
It has been noted in the past the problems the Carrington Event caused, e.g. frying of telegraph equipment.
While a CME would not destroy the earth, another Carrington Event in our modern and highly electrical dependent society could cause serious damage.

I think there are infinite parallel dimensions and that events like solar flares cause us to jump from one to the other. How else can I explain the logical predictions that end way differently, or all the tools that I am missing, or family members claiming they told me something or that I said something I know isn't true, or when I change the oil in the car and the following week it has 6,000 more miles on it, or when I sit down at 10pm to check my email and suddenly see the morning sun reflecting off my monitor. Something fishy is going on.

Latest posts

Back