Clothing (supplies for the long term)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to find in the US too unless you know where to look. My last gunbelt was somewhat of a disappointment. I am now wearing a Hanks Extreme 1 3/4" belt which is nearly 1/4" thick. I got it because I needed a belt that would hold up to carrying my Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter which weighs 52 ounces (1.47 kilograms). Unfortunately they don't ship overseas.
https://www.hanksbelts.com/collecti...eme-concealed-carry-gun-belt-17-oz-1-75-width

Nice belt, I would like something similar but in 1.5 inch wide.

The only athletic shoes I have bought for many years have been New Balance, which are made in the US, are made to fit Americans not Chinese (sizes up to 20 EEEEEE!), and last much much much longer than any other brand I've owned. I wore Walmart athletic shoes until they no longer had any that fit my 4E feet, but those never lasted a year before they were falling apart. My New Balance shoes have lasted for YEARS.

New Balance are also made in the UK they make the issue trainers for our armed forces.

clothing item to stock deep are the under-garments >>> especially underwear and a variety of socks - even without a water shortage during a serious SHTF doing a load of wash won't be eazy - might be better just to stack the dirty until some utilities return ....

Could always braid one out of paracord. This one isn't 1.5" wide, but it could be with a different braid. Nice and functional. Cordage, fishing line, stainless steel clevis could act as a pulley/mechanical advantage without ruining the rope, universal size + stick = tourniquet etc...
IMG_20201119_142228432.jpg

clothing item to stock deep are the under-garments >>> especially underwear and a variety of socks - even without a water shortage during a serious SHTF doing a load of wash won't be eazy - might be better just to stack the dirty until some utilities return ....

Also consider paper underwear, like many Americans in the mid west use paper plates to eat off thus saving water and heating costs.

I lived for many years alone and without a washing machine, doing hand washing isnt a problem.
nothing is difficult in a post SHTF world unless someone is determined to make it so.
"keep it simple, stupid".
One of my preps is washing powder and liquid since I have my Grandmothers old washing tub w/ringer, with a scrub board. Have had to use it a few times over the years when our washing machine would go out. I am not above manually washing clothes either, especially if you want clean clothes!

One of my preps is washing powder and liquid since I have my Grandmothers old washing tub w/ringer, with a scrub board. Have had to use it a few times over the years when our washing machine would go out. I am not above manually washing clothes either, especially if you want clean clothes!
I lived without a washing machine for nearly 20 years, clothes were washed in the kitchen sink, sheets were soaked in a bucket overnight and rinsed out in the bath the next morning, clothes hung on a line in the garden gets them dry and aired .

I figure I have 20 yrs at best left. No crystal ball here, but going on averages with consideration on health factors. I wear simple things and couldn’t care much for anything formal. Durable is important though. I stocked up on jeans, pocketed tee shirts, socks, underware and socks to make it that long. I also got several pairs of sketcher sneakers and a couple pair of good Justin boots. I’m more worried an economic collapse where getting supplies may be difficult than my lifespan. With the shape the world is in right now I’m glad I’m nearer the end of my life than at the beginning.

We have said that to each other numerous times of late. My husband said all the men in his family died in their 50's with heart problems. He's 75 (has A-fib and is T2 diabetic) and reminds me all the time he's been on borrowed time for 20 years. :) Wouldn't want to be in my 20's with what the future looks like to me right now. When we decided to not have children (and consequently no grandchildren) little did we know just how insightful that decision would be in light of current events.

(Big Paul comment above ) When we travel with our caravan we strap down a 20ly bucket with washing in ( soap & water in ) , all the hard work done whilst on the move, spent 9 months driving through Africa worked well , could do the same in any another vehicle that you use

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Kilwa to Mueda 163 - Copy.JPG
    Kilwa to Mueda 163 - Copy.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
I've got a lifetime of boots; Filson, Whites, Redwing and Sorrals. I wear mostly Carrhart pants and flannel shirts in winter and Carhartt shorts and short sleeve shirts in summer. Every few months I buy a few more shirts and pants. Figure I have enough to last for many years. My heavy cold weather coats are Filson, Carrhart and for really cold weather I've got a goose down filled parka with a coyote lined hood. Can't remember the manufacturer right now.
A good source for quality Americain made clothing is: allamericainclothing.com.
For well made gloves I buy from Sullivan gloves. They're made in Bend Oregon.

Latest posts

Back