Close Combat

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGprepper

Reaction score
Guys,
I've believe some of you guys are trained in martial arts, what are the martial arts are you guys trained in and recommendations. of course in line with this, a physical training course must start. i really think that physical conditioning is one of the most important factor in terms of survival be it in urban or in the woods. I've learnt taekwondo before but stopped at green tip when i was 14 hah! I'm lookin to learn krav maga soon! ;)

Cheers

Guys,
I've believe some of you guys are trained in martial arts, what are the martial arts are you guys trained in and recommendations. of course in line with this, a physical training course must start. i really think that physical conditioning is one of the most important factor in terms of survival be it in urban or in the woods. I've learnt taekwondo before but stopped at green tip when i was 14 hah! I'm lookin to learn krav maga soon! ;)

Cheers
I am learning Shaolin.
With that I am learning some pretty nasty and most definitely lethal weapons. At the moment I am learning the Kamas.

kamas.jpg

Once I achieve my black belt in Shaolin, I am going to learn both Aikido, and Krav Maga.

It is my opinion that brazilian jiujitsu is useless since most fights wind up with multiple opponents. Especially when your first opponent is getting his ### handed to him.

I am learning Shaolin.
With that I am learning some pretty nasty and most definitely lethal weapons. At the moment I am learning the Kamas.

View attachment 322

Once I achieve my black belt in Shaolin, I am going to learn both Aikido, and Krav Maga.

It is my opinion that brazilian jiujitsu is useless since most fights wind up with multiple opponents. Especially when your first opponent is getting his ### handed to him.

I kind of disagree with that, must fights go to the ground IMHO i think a ground game is very important.

I have taken karate, kung fu, jiu-jitsu and muay Thai. 3 years of kung fu and I loved it (When we weren't dancing around and playing with sticks.) Best part of kung fu was learning more then just punches kicks and blocking. A lot of self defence was tied into it.

Jiu jitsu is great for ground fighting but as was said earlier not all go to the ground and in a fight against multiple people you wouldn't want it to.

Muay Thai is excellent for fighting someone standing up and brawling it out. It's also good because u learn how to properly use your knees and elbows..

I only know Gun Fu, but if I were to train in a martial art, it would definitely be Krav Maga

Seems so...lethal.

I have taken karate, kung fu, jiu-jitsu and muay Thai. 3 years of kung fu and I loved it (When we weren't dancing around and playing with sticks.) Best part of kung fu was learning more then just punches kicks and blocking. A lot of self defence was tied into it.

Jiu jitsu is great for ground fighting but as was said earlier not all go to the ground and in a fight against multiple people you wouldn't want it to.

Muay Thai is excellent for fighting someone standing up and brawling it out. It's also good because u learn how to properly use your knees and elbows..
Muai Thai is great for close range fighting! The elbow is a superior weapon!

Ive taken tiger/dragon kung fu, and just down n out street fighting.
But id recommend Hungar, crazy teqnique.
Tbh, im one who doesnt give a 性交 in a fight, ill bite a person or even gouge an eye out if nessicary!
Imho, if you really wanna know how to fight, go and get into some.
Ive known 3rd degree black belts ive whooped the shit out of cuz they know what to do, yet lack the experience (not all mine you, or even most, but there are a few)
Ive also known people who know everything to do, but get cracked in the face one time and cry like a bitch.
In about anything, who would you rather have in your corner, one that knows what to do, or one thats done it?

Rofl, you inna gang Hades???
Hall ya, dey call me da white I AM, I gagsta thru n tru mac.
dis mo-fo is not down wit scuffles, pop a cap an keep on track
no use some fool done brung chinese shit to a gunfight ruin my groove
Got shit to do and peoples to see, No time for slowin my move.
PHit, phit, shucka, click, shucka shucka click, click
( %6)!"{ > (Thats what all those hand signs look like on text)
Peace out

I agree Hades..!! lol haha. But if it came down to it yes would be best like everyone else has commented and posted to have a ground game. Physical conditioning is a major key point to always keep in mind, top of the chart whenever you have down time, my areas of MMA include, BJJ Brazilian Ju jitsu, Muahi ty, kickboxing, boxing - and grappling. If i get ya down to the ground its all over, lol. But in a easy day, just aim and pull triger.:m4:

Hall ya, dey call me da white I AM, I gagsta thru n tru mac.
dis mo-fo is not down wit scuffles, pop a cap an keep on track
no use some fool done brung chinese shit to a gunfight ruin my groove
Got shit to do and peoples to see, No time for slowin my move.
PHit, phit, shucka, click, shucka shucka click, click
( %6)!"{ > (Thats what all those hand signs look like on text)
Peace out
ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!
I damn near wish i could have heard thst than read it, i bet it woulda been funnier!
Dont forget to sag!

Latest posts

Back