Close Combat

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cocobolo and Bocote are both South American tropical hard woods, typically used to make guitars and other fancy stuff according to Wikipedia. A 4'-5' dowel would be very expensive I think...I like the walking stick idea, even a heavy weapon can "carry itself". More food for thought.

Nice, I figured on turning the wood in a lathe, but a 1"x 1" octagon would fit the hand nicely and can be done on a table saw.

I also use the reverse engineering method for weapons construction. lol Awesome! That's the habit of what I call "just do it" people!

A person can't really engineer a perfect weapon based on simple physics since everyones physical ability is not the same. Feel and touch and balance are important in my opinion. My muscles are used to swinging a hammer (a common skill). A hammer is much different than a traditional martial arts weapon, but in the hands of a skilled carpenter, it translates.

This is why I have made my stuff like hammers of different sizes. A railroad worker is an excellent "sledgehammerist". A carpenter is excellent at swinging a standard hammer. As a steel worker, I often use a 2lb sledge. Very similar to the "Zombie Light Mace". I figure more people know how to use a hammer than a sword for example. IE: Swords get stuck in bones, might get you killed.

Thanks Ronin. Glad the results came out well. Great camera work and commentary. There is now way I could have done this kind of work. My favorite part is when you stuck in it in the dummy. Also, I never thought of it as a tool. Awesome!

I would like to see a combat tomahawk with a pick and pry spike I think that would be an awesome addition to your product line

Like the halberd with a shorter haft? (pictured) and a pry spike? FTE specializes in custom work. This stuff is easy to build and pretty inexpensive. I can make it exactly to your specs, shorter haft, pry spike ect...Unfortunatly I get so many suggestions it's impossible for me to make them all a standard item. If you have a special request, please send me the dimensions with a rough sketch and I can make it. It's fun to build custom stuff, it's possible that something custom becomes standard. Ronin has made a few suggestions that in the future will definatly become standard. PLease send your drawing to [email protected]. Please visit http://www.facebook.com/FunTimeEngineeringLLC for dimensions and weights of standards for references.

Attachments

• GEDC2087.JPG
    GEDC2087.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
Been gone for a bit guys dealing with that crap with the gov and my land. Just wanted to touch on the spear thing again. A shorter stabbing spar would be an idealweapon. Haft about 3ft long and the spear head about a foot or so. Not for throwing but a great spear for stabbing and with the benefit of being able to use as a staff as well. So great for offense and defense.

Loved the video too Ronin!! Not too shabby!

KaBar, Hatchet and claw hammer. Pickets, punji traps, deadfalls (all of which are properly seasoned with fecal soup). Hopefully a high hide in a canyon rockfall with water right there and only bare and exposed approaches for about 1000 meters, good safe egress to a new hide with similar charateristics. Two shots per hide max. Ask no questions.

I study Choy Lee Fut, and before that I studied a lot of other asian martial arts and thought I knew a thing or two, boy was I wrong. The energy generation that they use with the bo staff is crazy strong. Basically just using your torso and hips as a fulcrum and your arm guides the staff, the amount of whip and power generation is insane. I havn't seen any other martial art generate power with a staff like Choy Lee Fut. Oh there is a lot of bad Choy Lee Fut out there too, water down stuff that takes short cuts because the basics are too hard. Not going to lie though, Choy Lee Fut requires a lot of training because the motions are a bit odd if your not use to it. I feel comfortable with the staff against almost anything that isn't a gun. Helps that we actually learn to strike and block with it outside of a form work.

I find that all martial arts only works if you train like your going to use it, which means getting punched in the face. Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Back