Close Combat

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of disagree with that, must fights go to the ground IMHO i think a ground game is very important.
I agree..in the movies people stand up and "sock each other" in the face...but most fights I've ever seen wind up on the ground wrestling around.

self defense is great to know but i have yet to read that anyone is practicing CQC, all this talk about guns but no one is training on how to clear a house or a building? if we all have guns and anyone with gun knowledge they should know that you need to practice practice practice. You can incorporate your self defense techniques in your CQC training. But if you cant clear a house safely and secure it than you'll never get the chance to beat the crap out of someone . All preppers say get a gun so in post shtf what are the odds that someone will approach you and drop there gear and just go fist to cuffs with you? Know your weapon fundamentals and your TTP's for room clearing, securing a site and over ground movement.... IMHO

especially since the majority of the people from wat ive seen on this site are talking about bugging out, CQC fundamentals and TTP's are a must

well thats why you have a back up, and i dont know about you but my weapon equals my life i am going to take care of that weapon, And i understand that malfunctions happen ive seen it happen in combat. im not saying don't learn self defense what im saying is expand your tool box.

If SHTF happens what are the odds of you leaving your weapon more than arms length from you? Based on your avatar and your screen name i would assume you have military experience. were you every allowed to be away from your primary or secondary weapon when you were in a combat zone? and you have to figure the SHTF and we will be living in a massive combat zone and your support base will be extremely limited post shtf everyone will be suspicious

about the best training for CQB that my group has been able to replicate is training on room clearing and ambush drills (detection and trigger) using airsoft rifles. it's a lot of fun but nothing like having access to a shoot house with live fire which we don't have

My prep group trains in 3 offensive skills: HtH, marksmanship (including archery), and sword ( this includes knife and machete)

Hall ya, dey call me da white I AM, I gagsta thru n tru mac.
dis mo-fo is not down wit scuffles, pop a cap an keep on track
no use some fool done brung chinese shit to a gunfight ruin my groove
Got shit to do and peoples to see, No time for slowin my move.
PHit, phit, shucka, click, shucka shucka click, click
( %6)!"{ > (Thats what all those hand signs look like on text)
Peace out

Jiu Jitsu, it's the best in my opinion. Most fights go the ground and it's such a great workout as well. I still know the basics after taking a few years off. Once again, this is my opinion.

I agree BJJ is a good skill too learn I grew up in Iowa as a wrestler and have done BJJ for a few years. I have also done Army combatitves. The only issue with BJJ is multiple attackers. Now I could handle 2 if I had one in a good submission and the other was on the ground and clueless how to fight but anymore than that and your hugged. I have also dabbled in Boxing and Muay Thai, but not enough to rely on it. I think Krav maga would be a good skill set to learn. I would have a blade on me for last resort but I have never cut anyone. I'm not positive I would know how to use it effectively. Krav Maga uses weapons. Just my $.02.

there is no best martial art every one of them has strengths and weaknesses and BJJ has some serious ones. the art is fine for an arena but I would not want to go to the ground vs. multiple attackers and many of the submission techniques tend to fail once you start gouging and biting and thats not even counting the damage that can be inflicted once someone is able to isolate a finger. BJJ works fine when there are rules to protect the fighters. there are many different styles of classical jiujutsu and each of them are different

a good way to get used to knife other than live sparring with rubber or shock knives is to practice cutting and thrusting against a pig carcass. then you and your buddies can BBQ it afterwards. good training and good food

Latest posts

Back