Clarkson's Farm

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Clarkson's Farm is an Amazon show about British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson (former host of Top Gear) who decides to buy a 1000 acre farm. When the farmer who managed it for him retired, he decided to farm it himself. It goes into the trials and tribulations of modern farming in great detail including the absurdity of all the bureaucratic red tape involved.

And along the way he frequently skewers libs unmercifully, LOL.

Nine months later after the harvest he wonders how anyone can survive as a farmer without his huge financial resources, and said...
"The next time a farmer moans about the weather, put your arm around him and buy him a pint. Because he's not moaning about it 'cause it's a bit miserable working in the rain, he's moaning about it because it's crucifying."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095RHJ52R?pf_rd_r=HX0SJV9E02BN3E5PX7YP

Clarkson's Farm is an Amazon show about British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson (former host of Top Gear) who decides to buy a 1000 acre farm. When the farmer who managed it for him retired, he decided to farm it himself. It goes into the trials and tribulations of modern farming in great detail including the absurdity of all the bureaucratic red tape involved.

And along the way he frequently skewers libs unmercifully, LOL.

Nine months later after the harvest he wonders how anyone can survive as a farmer without his huge financial resources, and said...
"The next time a farmer moans about the weather, put your arm around him and buy him a pint. Because he's not moaning about it 'cause it's a bit miserable working in the rain, he's moaning about it because it's crucifying."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095RHJ52R?pf_rd_r=HX0SJV9E02BN3E5PX7YP
We had a member on the site awhile back, from Chicago I think, who used to complain about how often we talked about the weather. I guess if you live in an apartment in an urban area, and you get all your food from the supermarket, the weather wouldn't mean anything. But for many (most?) of us here weather is vital.

one who is fixated on motor engines and speed.
he's generally regarded over here as a bit of an idiot and not taken too seriously, not someone I would recommend as any kind of an expert, got a big gob and is a loud mouth and is known for it.

one who is fixated on motor engines and speed.
he's generally regarded over here as a bit of an idiot and not taken too seriously, not someone I would recommend as any kind of an expert, got a big gob and is a loud mouth and is known for it.
I see. Sounds like someone we might call a motor head.

dont take too much as fact from Clarkson, he's a petrolhead with too much money and he's only playing at farming, next year he'll have moved onto something else, a big head so called celebrity with no redeeming features.
You obviously did not watch even one episode of the show.
He does not in any way pretend to be an expert, quite the opposite. He shows the sometimes catastrophic and sometimes hilarious results of not listening to people's advice and blundering about in his bullheaded manner. But the things he has to contend with are very real.
Right at the outset, he ignores everyone's advice on buying a tractor and orders a gigantic Lamborghini tractor from Europe, just because it's a Lamborghini, which comes back to bite him over and over again.

I think there is a cultural universal about weather. Everyone seems to think other people's weather is trivial. It must be one of those hard-wired human binaries like Claude Levy Strauss describes for racism.

dont take too much as fact from Clarkson, he's a petrolhead with too much money and he's only playing at farming, next year he'll have moved onto something else, a big head so called celebrity with no redeeming features.

Well that was a mouthful, so let me add to it.

He and his ilk are why so many rag on the Boomer generation, an arrogant insipid A-hole. All he cares about is his image, which is that of a buffoon, A British Turd of the highest rank. I saw a few of his old shows at a friends place once, it was all silly twaddle, full of crappy english cars. Reminded me of the Benny Hill show we watched as teenagers. One fat turd playing at being god.

I liked Clarkson, Hammond and May in "Top Gear"
I liked Clarkson, Hammond and May even more in "The Grand Tour"
I liked Hammond in "The Great Escapist"

All those shows are very entertaining.

And "Clarkson's Farm" is another entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Guess you'll learn more about farming if you spend one day, proably two on an amish farm then you'll watch 10 seasons of "Clarkson's Farm". But I'll waiting until we find time to enjoy it on TV.

Last edited:
sorry Doc your wrong, it IS about Clarkson its ALWAYS about Clarkson, Clarkson is no more a farmer than I am a brain surgeon
Exactly. It's like saying those radical TV evangelist shows are all about God, they are not, they are all about money for the evangelist.

sorry Doc your wrong, it IS about Clarkson its ALWAYS about Clarkson,
I think I know WHY I posted that and it wasn't to promote Clarkson. It was because of exactly what I said. BTW I never even heard of the clown before watching the show. I had to look him up.
Clarkson is no more a farmer than I am a brain surgeon, he has people to do the proper work whilst he just messes about.
If you had watched any of the show you would know that he made that point absolutely clear. He tried to drive his tractor himself and quickly realized he needed to hire a real tractor driver. He tried to take care of his sheep himself and quickly realized he needed to hire a shepherd. etc. That was the whole point...he could NOT do it himself.

no not the program I've seen trailers for it and there has been reports of it in the newspapers, frankly I've got better things to do than watch that baffoon.
apparently his first years profits from the farm was £144, so not exactly a raging success was it? just an expensive hobby.

apparently his first years profits from the farm was £144, so not exactly a raging success was it?
That was precisely the point. Actually he lost a lot a ton of money if you factor in all the equipment he bought. That was only the selling price + subsidies minus labor and supplies for just the barley, rape and wheat. He lost money on everything else hand over fist. Labor for shearing the sheep cost several times as much as what he got for the fleeces. The shepherd cost more than what he got for selling the lambs. etc.

Latest posts

Back